Romo's int.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bahn View Post
    If I'm in charge of the cowboys, I would start Romo, get the lead then pull him out in the last 2 minutes. Put in Orton to manage the game
    You don't replace choker with choker lite.

Same taste, just lower the salary.
    Last edited by xX-Bronco-Xx; 10-07-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Well.....Cowboy/Romo fan, I heard a stat that puts it into perspective. Romo, with 4 minutes or less, with the game tied or within a score in the 4th quarter has 8 int's in his career. Manning in all his years has 0. Romo earns the choker label. Anyone who watches the Cowboys and was surprised that that happened is delusional. Everyone in the stadium was waiting for it. And it happened.

Comment

Romo played great. If their Defense ever even thought about forcing us to punt they would have won.

You don't blame that game on Romo he had a field day against our injured Secondary.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I don't blame the entire loss on Romo but I sure as hell blame that INT on him.

Comment

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but I saw the reply of that Int from Romo's angle and I don't think he did much wrong.

It was good pressure and he had that receiver coming across the formation. I think Tre just made a good play.

The ONE negative, and its picky, is that he could of thrown it out in front of him more, but Romo was the only reason they were still in that game and came back from the 15 point 2nd half deficit.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but I saw the reply of that Int from Romo's angle and I don't think he did much wrong.

It was good pressure and he had that receiver coming across the formation. I think Tre just made a good play.

The ONE negative, and its picky, is that he could of thrown it out in front of him more, but Romo was the only reason they were still in that game and came back from the 15 point 2nd half deficit.
              He could have maybe but the pocket was collapsing around him and he caught his lead foot on his LT because of pressure from our 3 man rush.

The fact that it was a 3 man rush makes me laugh uncontrollably because we got almost no pressure all game and then a 3 man rush pretty much forces an INT.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                I disagree with that.

Tony had full view of Danny before he threw the ball. He even saw Murray in view from the under also. Like the Cowboys fan said, Tony went into full tunnel vision staring down that one receiver.
                Please note the usage of the subjunctive mood. Everyone on a football field sees things from a different perspective. Whether or not your usage of the indicative mood is sustainable can only be confirmed by a Romo helmet cam.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9796309
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I'm not gonna read the whole thread. I thought Romo played an awesome game. I don't eve like Romo as a player either. But he was making some great throws with pin point accuracy at times and he really impressed me the whole game, until that play. IMO tied, with the time running down deep in your own end, you can't make that throw. I think he should've seen the open reciever underneath but it is irrelevant any way. No matter what He should not have thrown to that reciever with 3 of our defenders around him. Bad idea and he paid. I think he got caught up in his own success in this game and tried to force a throw in his own end that he should never have. He should have thrown it away if he didn't see the guy underneath and lived to see another play. Shame for him cause he played a great game but again with everything on the line he made a clutch mistake at that is what people will talk about I'm guessing. I was still very impressed though, He played one heck of a game imo
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Scoreboard...game over. No supposition necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                        I love how Cowboy fans LOVE to make excuses for their QB. Look he's a good QB. He'll throw with the best of them but in the heat of battle when it counts the most he's going to fumble or force a throw and get it picked off.
                        Please. It isn't just Cowboys fans. You were around here when Tim Tebow was our Quarterback right ? No Denver Broncos fan after that can ever tease another fan base for being delusional about their quarterback. I would say the Denver Bronco fan base takes the cake for the most delusional they have been about their quarterback in recent history.

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        I think the official may have blocked Romo's view of Trevathan. Paterno used to stack his Backers to hide them from the QB. Something similar may have happened accidentally. Tony Romo is a great player. The only way for him to change the perception held by some that he is a choker is to win it all.
                        Looking at angles I don't think that is the case. However I think Murray who is standing there did block Trevethan from Romo's vision. You can see where Murray stops his route and it is right in line where Romo is looking and Trevethan is standing. Then Romo pulls the trigger and the intercept happens.

Anyone who thinks Tony Romo isn't a good quarterback is clueless. He is very talented and blaming him for that loss against the Denver Broncos is wrong. He led his team to how many points ? That's right, 48. It reminds me of when everyone was blaming Aaron Rodgers for that loss in the playoffs years ago when he had put up 40 + points.

The bottom line is Tony Romo is a top 10 quarterback no doubt and if I were a Cowboys fan I would be very happy to have him for the distant future. There are going to be no guys available who are going to be better then Romo and as Denver Bronco fans we need to remember we are so lucky to have lucked out on getting Manning. Because soon he will be gone and we will probably be in a worse situation then Dallas with Romo. Like before Manning when we had that street free agent bust Tebow and the backup chocker Orton.

Comment

Without reading the whole thread, not on him at all.

He played pretty damn well, minus that one play. Manning threw a pick but not in the same situation.

They forced us to punt zero times that game.

One forced punt or one of our touchdowns as a FG wins them the game.

As for replacing him, someone tell me who they could get that's an upgrade, I'll sit here and wait all year because there isn't an upgrade. Romo is a very good QB.

Probably in the 5-10 range after PM, Brees, Rodgers and Brady.

He's had awful lines, zero run game, so so defenses most of his career.

The hate he gets is ridiculous, certainly not the best throw but if you put up 48 points that's a win every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            The hate he gets is ridiculous, certainly not the best throw but if you put up 48 points that's a win every single time.
                            Well, not EVERY single time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X