Chiefs alone at the top of the AFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I'm not a Chiefs fan. If I appear biased it has more to do with liking the Chiefs style of play.
    However, your proving my point with how meaningless the fact that they're back ups is.

Fitzpatrick isn't great, but neither is Locker and it's not like Fitz is Andrew Walters of 06 or anything. Not much of a downgrade there.

Keenum is a backup yes, but he didn't play that bad and Schaub is a pick 6 king. KC didn't get a free pick 6 so not really a downgrade.

Campbell is a better QB than Weeden, who he backed up

Thad Lewis may be better than Kolb and what else they had in BUF as well.

They may be back ups, but those teams didn't have good QBs to begin with so it really doesn't mean as much as you want it to.
    So if KC didnt have Smith, there wouldnt be much of a downgrade?

And EJ Manuel was having a heck of a rookie year before he went down.

So no on that.

Locker as well, figures he gets hurt when KC plays them, go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      So if KC didnt have Smith, there wouldnt be much of a downgrade?

And EJ Manuel was having a heck of a rookie year before he went down.

So no on that.

Locker as well, figures he gets hurt when KC plays them, go figure.
      Locker has averaged only 220 yards a game this year, that really isn't that great especially considering 326 of them came in the SF game, playing catch up. Fitzpatrick had 247 yards in the KC game, not a downgrade. The TD/INT ratio makes Locker look good but that really is an overrated stat. Individual TDs are really just a sign of redzone play calling.

Every team is different, that's the part your not getting, KC would suffer without Smith that doesn't mean every team in the league would suffer a lot without their starter. Stop thinking of it in terms of just back up QB automatically equaling suffering a lot. Denver and New Orleans would suffer a lot more than a team like Cleveland losing Weeden for instance.
      Last edited by fallforward3y+; 10-31-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X