Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat McAfee delivers big hit, now subject to 'random' drug test

Pat McAfee ✔ @PatMcAfeeShow

Guys... Make one random tackle... And end up on a "Random" steroid test.. Must be my bod #UpperBodyOfAnAdolescent
    8:42 AM - 21 Oct 2013

Waiting for the NFL is going to throw out a fine for a helmet to helmet hit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ndom-drug-test

Ndamukong Suh ✔ @NdamukongSuh

Big hit by the kicker on @SNFonNBC football! Wonder if he will get a........? #BroncosVsColts
    6:22 PM - 20 Oct 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis...it-on-holliday
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

I heard some talking heads discussing the hit earlier, and someone (cannot remember who) mentioned that technically, he didn't lead with the crown and the helmet to helmet was incidental.

Also, I believe the 'drug test notice' was a joke by Macafee. This wasn't the first time Patty Mac has laid wood on a returner. He's done that several times.

Interesting fact. Mac was found passed out in his underwear after swimming drunk in our scenic downtown canal during his rookie year. He's a wildcard.
    sigpic
    Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

sigpic
      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

It was a decent hit but a pretty easy one.

Holliday was running down the sideline and had nowhere to go, McAfee was just waiting there for him.

Comment

I don't really get why the media is making such a big deal about the hit. I mean McAfee's only got 7 inches and 65 pounds on Holiday. Make that tackle against Decker or Thomas and then I'll be impressed.

It reminds me a little of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer took a karate class with a bunch of 10 year olds.

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
            I don't really get why the media is making such a big deal about the hit. I mean McAfee's only got 7 inches and 65 pounds on Holiday. Make that tackle against Decker or Thomas and then I'll be impressed.
            It's all in good fun. One thing though....Pat has made some big hits before, just not on the big stage.

Oh......Patty Mac is a BEAST!!!!!
            sigpic
            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

McAfee is actually quite hilarious. His comedy show is very funny. He definitely has a career after football.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

It reminds me a little of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer took a karate class with a bunch of 10 year olds.

Lol, it's not quite that much of a weight advantage. The reason is because he's a kicker, that simple. Kickers and QBs are the 'sissy' positions in the league, so any contact they make is often made into more than it is.

It's like if a QB were to run through a wide lane for about 9 yards, and ran over a safety who threw him down forward for a first down. QBs often outweigh safeties, and are very strong. If a safety is just waiting for contact to come, and a stronger ball carrier has a full head of steam, it's no surprise that he runs over him, but it being a QB it will likely be a highlight real.

This is similar, runner running up the sideline, small returner, gets hit from the side, knocked forward when both players have a lot of momentum. No big deal, but it's a kicker so it'll get talked about.

Comment

Working...
                X