Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil agent

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dumervil agent

    @VicLombardi: NFLPA just suspended Elvis Dumervil's agent Marty Magid suspended six months and fined 25g for his role in faxgate.

  • #2
    Wow....wonder what took so long?

    Everyone should have a strong dislike for this toolbag.....it is because of his highly unethical business practices that Doom didn't get that contract back in time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably because the investigation. Once dooms fired him you pretty much could guess his agent was trying to play games.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        If Doom knows how his agent messed the contract up for him, why did he not sign with us then?
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          If Doom knows how his agent messed the contract up for him, why did he not sign with us then?
          Because there was more behind the scenes drama between he and Elway than we are privy to. He eludes to it in the one interview where he was saying, "at the end of the day, they still cut me". Somewhere things got personal and he probably didn't feel wanted.
          #swapping

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            Because there was more behind the scenes drama between he and Elway than we are privy to. He eludes to it in the one interview where he was saying, "at the end of the day, they still cut me". Somewhere things got personal and he probably didn't feel wanted.
            That's what I'll always think anyway. Harbaugh called him up, buttered him up, and signed him up. 5.5 sacks and 2 FF in 7 games on a team with no offense is still pretty impressive to me. I wanna see vondoom on the field again, and I hate that we lost a homegrown player like that. It's over though, have to move forward. I certainly have nothing but dislike for that agent, hope he never represents anyone again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              If Doom knows how his agent messed the contract up for him, why did he not sign with us then?
              There was dead money, and if we would have paid him the renegotiated amount that was agreed upon than we would have taken a huge cap hit.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                Because there was more behind the scenes drama between he and Elway than we are privy to. He eludes to it in the one interview where he was saying, "at the end of the day, they still cut me". Somewhere things got personal and he probably didn't feel wanted.
                I don't know what happened but if Doom is going to cite that as the "reason" for being hurt or whatever by what happened, I don't know what to say. The team had to "cut" him at that point or pretty much they are rewarding him for his faux pas by keeping him at the same contract.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Elway is not a good PR person in public. He should have kept opinions of Tebow private, and contract value assessments of Dumervil private too. If one was not looking with orange colored glasses, handling those things in private would have done a lot of good for Elway, IMO.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dumervil just wanted money

                    but not the Broncos

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dumervil wanted to leave anyway. He did not have to wait the exact minute to fax in his contract. Now he is an insignificant player on an insignificant team.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by maggnus View Post
                        Dumervil just wanted money

                        but not the Broncos
                        Its always about the money with Doom.
                        And thats fine.
                        You only get to play for so long, might as well grab as much cash as you can.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          That's what I'll always think anyway. Harbaugh called him up, buttered him up, and signed him up. 5.5 sacks and 2 FF in 7 games on a team with no offense is still pretty impressive to me. I wanna see vondoom on the field again, and I hate that we lost a homegrown player like that. It's over though, have to move forward. I certainly have nothing but dislike for that agent, hope he never represents anyone again.
                          Doom was probably upset at the, but i bet now he regrets not being in Denver.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Too bad the damage has already been done! The NFL should have allowed Doom to remain in Denver if they knew it was the agents fault.
                            sigpic
                            What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                              Elway is not a good PR person in public. He should have kept opinions of Tebow private, and contract value assessments of Dumervil private too. If one was not looking with orange colored glasses, handling those things in private would have done a lot of good for Elway, IMO.
                              This is a cut & dry league. Haven't you ever watched hard knocks? The way they cut players & what not, this is a business & the players know that, there's no room for feelings. Look at how Irsay just said to Manning were moving on. I like the way Elway handles this teams business. Call it like you see it & be straight up honest, Doom got to worried about the money.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X