Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maggnus
    replied
    I still believe Doom was in on it all so I kinda feel for the agent who probably did something stupid trying to satisfy his only legit client.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    Elway is not a good PR person in public. He should have kept opinions of Tebow private, and contract value assessments of Dumervil private too. If one was not looking with orange colored glasses, handling those things in private would have done a lot of good for Elway, IMO.
    I don't understand your criticism. Are you saying that Elway shouldn't have mentioned that there was a possibility that Dumervil might be released, and thus end up blindsiding the fans when a fan-favorite gets cut? And what exactly did he say about Tebow that was so damaging? He shouldn't have said that he was going to be the starter last year before they signed Manning? Shouldn't have said they were interested in shopping Tebow after signing Manning? How did that affect anything?

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Maybe they didn't have to cut him. If there truly was an error on the fault of Doom's agent, if Elway didn't cut him they still had an agreement in principal that probably could've been pushed up thru the league office to have the matter graciously resolved. But since Elway cut him, it negated that option. Don't really know if that was a possibility or not, just taking a stab at it. Whatever the "that's it" is though, we'll never know.
    I think that you over-estimate what the League will do and not do. And if the League doesn't allow the new contract to go through? Denver is stuck with an over-paid DE and unable to make the other moves they made this off-season. The smart move was to do the cut because this way Denver and Dumervil still had the opportunity to come together with a new contract, it wasn't like cutting him precluded him from signing with Denver again.
    Unfortunately, this is a business and the rules are in place and written contracts are what are required. Or else everyone would just start saying "oh we have an agreement in place" and deadlines will not mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
    I don't know what happened but if Doom is going to cite that as the "reason" for being hurt or whatever by what happened, I don't know what to say. The team had to "cut" him at that point or pretty much they are rewarding him for his faux pas by keeping him at the same contract.
    Maybe they didn't have to cut him. If there truly was an error on the fault of Doom's agent, if Elway didn't cut him they still had an agreement in principal that probably could've been pushed up thru the league office to have the matter graciously resolved. But since Elway cut him, it negated that option. Don't really know if that was a possibility or not, just taking a stab at it. Whatever the "that's it" is though, we'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    Elway is not a good PR person in public. He should have kept opinions of Tebow private, and contract value assessments of Dumervil private too. If one was not looking with orange colored glasses, handling those things in private would have done a lot of good for Elway, IMO.
    This is a cut & dry league. Haven't you ever watched hard knocks? The way they cut players & what not, this is a business & the players know that, there's no room for feelings. Look at how Irsay just said to Manning were moving on. I like the way Elway handles this teams business. Call it like you see it & be straight up honest, Doom got to worried about the money.

Leave a comment:

• redneckrocker
    replied
    Too bad the damage has already been done! The NFL should have allowed Doom to remain in Denver if they knew it was the agents fault.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    That's what I'll always think anyway. Harbaugh called him up, buttered him up, and signed him up. 5.5 sacks and 2 FF in 7 games on a team with no offense is still pretty impressive to me. I wanna see vondoom on the field again, and I hate that we lost a homegrown player like that. It's over though, have to move forward. I certainly have nothing but dislike for that agent, hope he never represents anyone again.
    Doom was probably upset at the, but i bet now he regrets not being in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Giddy'up
    replied
    Originally posted by maggnus View Post
    Dumervil just wanted money

but not the Broncos
    Its always about the money with Doom.
    And thats fine.
    You only get to play for so long, might as well grab as much cash as you can.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Dumervil wanted to leave anyway. He did not have to wait the exact minute to fax in his contract. Now he is an insignificant player on an insignificant team.

Leave a comment:

• maggnus
    replied
    Dumervil just wanted money

but not the Broncos

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii007
    replied
    Because there was more behind the scenes drama between he and Elway than we are privy to. He eludes to it in the one interview where he was saying, "at the end of the day, they still cut me". Somewhere things got personal and he probably didn't feel wanted.
    I don't know what happened but if Doom is going to cite that as the "reason" for being hurt or whatever by what happened, I don't know what to say. The team had to "cut" him at that point or pretty much they are rewarding him for his faux pas by keeping him at the same contract.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    If Doom knows how his agent messed the contract up for him, why did he not sign with us then?
    There was dead money, and if we would have paid him the renegotiated amount that was agreed upon than we would have taken a huge cap hit.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Because there was more behind the scenes drama between he and Elway than we are privy to. He eludes to it in the one interview where he was saying, "at the end of the day, they still cut me". Somewhere things got personal and he probably didn't feel wanted.
    That's what I'll always think anyway. Harbaugh called him up, buttered him up, and signed him up. 5.5 sacks and 2 FF in 7 games on a team with no offense is still pretty impressive to me. I wanna see vondoom on the field again, and I hate that we lost a homegrown player like that. It's over though, have to move forward. I certainly have nothing but dislike for that agent, hope he never represents anyone again.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    If Doom knows how his agent messed the contract up for him, why did he not sign with us then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X