Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit over Dallas.....Quite A Storyline!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit over Dallas.....Quite A Storyline!!

I watched parts of the game yesterday, and I have to say, it had more layers than a big fat onion!

Dallas should have kept the lead, but helped by a monster game by Megatron and some fantastic passing, and one very sneaky play-call by Stafford, The Lions pulled it out of the fire. I was going to say that Megatron had 3 good games.......YESTERDAY!!!

Yes, Stafford's stop the clock maneuver that was really a decoy (I think) for a QB sneak with little time on the clock was brilliant. Both Oline and Dline weren't ready for it apparently, and it reminded me a bit of when Marino pulled off the same clock stoppage fake and turned it into a TD pass.

Another side plot had to do with the exuberant Dez Bryant, who was screaming at anyone within range. Sure he's passionate, but he sure looks like a punk out there, and clearly believes he is the only guy who can win games for Dallas. I loved seeing Witten yelling back at him. I do believe he has some degree of good intentions, wanting to win badly, BUT he has to approach it all differently. Does he believe no one on the team cares???

Bryant is an exceptional talent, but I don't want guys like him on my team, unless he is willing to grow up. Maybe that will happen...
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-28-2013, 04:03 PM.

Another meltdown for Dallas, per usual. That play by Stafford was just brilliant. Moxy!

Dez was upset because he wasn't able to live up to his own hype that he generated before the game saying he was as good as Megatron. Please, that guy is in a different stratosphere.

I also can't stand Jerry Jones always treating his players like children and always pampering them and saying their bad behavior and losing ways is OK with him. Dope of an owner!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Yeah it was quite a game..... I like Bryant but his tantrum was IMO more of a personal issue with regards to his (Johnson)statement (which isn't really too far off) and then having to watch Johnson nearly set the all time yardage record right in front of him.
      I like Bryants ability, and to a degree his passion, but his delivery was waaaay off base. You didn't see Witten acting like a fool and he was only targeted twice yesterday.

Comment

Dez shouldn't have acted like that, but I understand his pain, 6 targets is unacceptable for your best player. 6 targets 2 TDs not bad. Not Megatron numbers though.

Comment

I like how Demarcus Ware grabbed him and threw him to the side after telling him to "calm down"
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I think the only reason Dez went nuts was because he opened his mouth before the game. Saying he can do anything Calvin can do. That set him up for a put up or shut up. Can't prove what your said if you aren't seeing the ball so he got in Romo's face. Funny that Kyle Orton was also one of the players that tried to calm him down.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

What did Dez say that was so wrong about him and Megatron...he was right...Dez does somethings better than Megatron and Megatron does somethings better than Dez..

People act like he was disrespecting Megatron when he wasn't...

On top of that,the reason why he was upset is because Romo was throwing the ball into double coverage and you don't look at your best player way,it makes no sense at all......Its a quarterback's dream to throw it a receiver,when he has single coverage,especially when that receiver is your best player on the team..

I've seen a few Lions game,but every time I do,Stafford is always looking for Megatron....Megatron can have three defensive back's on him and yet Stanford would still throw it to him,but somehow Romo don't even look at Dez's way....

I don't understand what's the big deal,because Tom Brady chew his receivers earlier this year and a coach a few years back and yet people had no problem with it,but since its Dez,everybody want to make it a big deal.....it makes no sense at all...
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I thought it was amazing how the game was so uneventful and then miraculously in 3 plays Detroit moves the ball 80-yards for a TD with 12-seconds remaining. I am curious what was different about the last minute compared to the previous 59?
                sigpic

Comment

That Stafford performance was nuts!

I was pretty indifferent about the guy coming into watching the game but I definitely am on his bandwagon now. Obviously it helps he has the best receiver in the league on his side but he showed guts and intangibles that were pretty impressive.

On the Bryant topic.. I don't really mind the act of showing emotion.. But it appeared he went overboard, particularly with his second tirade, with 12 seconds left. Obviously we don't know what he was saying but he appeared to lose his cool in a not positive way. I would take Demaryius over him any day.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    What did Dez say that was so wrong about him and Megatron...he was right...Dez does somethings better than Megatron and Megatron does somethings better than Dez..

People act like he was disrespecting Megatron when he wasn't...

On top of that,the reason why he was upset is because Romo was throwing the ball into double coverage and you don't look at your best player way,it makes no sense at all......Its a quarterback's dream to throw it a receiver,when he has single coverage,especially when that receiver is your best player on the team..

I've seen a few Lions game,but every time I do,Stafford is always looking for Megatron....Megatron can have three defensive back's on him and yet Stanford would still throw it to him,but somehow Romo don't even look at Dez's way....

I don't understand what's the big deal,because Tom Brady chew his receivers earlier this year and a coach a few years back and yet people had no problem with it,but since its Dez,everybody want to make it a big deal.....it makes no sense at all...
                    The problem isn't with Dez intentions...it was how he relayed the message. Dez can be upset all he wants...maybe he should have been targeted more, but then again- Jason Witten getting 2 targets didn't bring out the same type of tantrum....Im sure Witten wanted more looks as well, and he probably let Romo know that, but probably in much less dramatic fashion.

Obviously it was an issue, that's why you saw Witten and Ware both confront the guy. Dez doesn't need to be coddled, but clearly he needs to be put in his place at times. As for "being a QBs dream" don't you think Romo is aware of that? The only reason Dez acted out was because he wanted to prove his comments were not out of line. The Cowboys played well enough to win that game, even without feeding Dez (and his ego) the ball.
                    This had more to do with his image and personal gratification than winning a football game. Romo did enough to win the game, Bryants tantrum was unwarranted.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      The problem isn't with Dez intentions...it was how he relayed the message. Dez can be upset all he wants...maybe he should have been targeted more, but then again- Jason Witten getting 2 targets didn't bring out the same type of tantrum....Im sure Witten wanted more looks as well, and he probably let Romo know that, but probably in much less dramatic fashion.

Obviously it was an issue, that's why you saw Witten and Ware both confront the guy. Dez doesn't need to be coddled, but clearly he needs to be put in his place at times. As for "being a QBs dream" don't you think Romo is aware of that? The only reason Dez acted out was because he wanted to prove his comments were not out of line. The Cowboys played well enough to win that game, even without feeding Dez (and his ego) the ball.
                      This had more to do with his image and personal gratification than winning a football game. Romo did enough to win the game, Bryants tantrum was unwarranted.
                      I don't think Dez wanted to prove his comments were right,because,if that's the case he wouldn't had cheer for his teammate when he scored a touchdown.......

Comment

i hope everyone that was throwing him under the bus apolgize

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-all-positive

Comment

I don't think Dez wanted to prove his comments were right,because,if that's the case he wouldn't had cheer for his teammate when he scored a touchdown.......
                          They were winning....he had some success, of course hes going to cheer on his team. But as the Lions marched down for the game winning drive and Johnson made several key plays in that decisive 4th qtr the emmotions spilled out....its no coincidence that as Calvin essentially made the game winning catch Dez erupted. The first tantrum was really no big deal, in fact just about everybody around barely acknowledged him, but the second one was uncalled for......that's why Witten and Ware responded.

Comment

i hope everyone that was throwing him under the bus apolgize

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-all-positive
                            LMAO....
                            Just like I said, the first one was a non issue. That's why he was barely given a second look. But where is the footage and audio from the second one? You know the one where Witten and Ware had to confront him? You think that was a non issue?
                            An apology? Get real man, Ware was about a half second from physically taking care of it. Lucky for the Cowboys- guys like Witten and Ware can compose themselves, the same doesn't always apply to Bryant. Bryant needs more people like Witten to achieve his personal best and a whole lot less coddling because of his "talent"

Comment

Im so glad we did not draft Dez, that guy is a scumbag.

I'm glad we got DT instead, better receiver and much better person.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X