Transparent Accountability for NFL Officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    You know, I really think there's a real chance that Jay's playing elsewhere next year. McCown has been solid since Jay got hurt. And I doubt The Bears will spend a ton on him, other than go for The Franchise tag. Plus there are some teams who will go after him with big money if they can get him.

It depends on how much Trestman likes McCown.....and right now, I think he likes him a lot! Of course, it also depends on how The Bears finish the season, and who's done the most when it's all over.
    I could see that. Let me ask you this ....

first of all Brandon Marshall is so funnny to me. I like when he says 'Jay Cutler is always the smartest man in the room' ......... ermm lol Marshall

So will Marshall follow Cutler again? I want to add that if Cutler wasn't a Bear - Marshall would have never gone up there. Could get a little sketchy up there in the Windy City. Alshon Jefferey is looking awesome!!! He's on my fantasy team
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      I could see that. Let me ask you this ....

first of all Brandon Marshall is so funnny to me. I like when he says 'Jay Cutler is always the smartest man in the room' ......... ermm lol Marshall

So will Marshall follow Cutler again? I want to add that if Cutler wasn't a Bear - Marshall would have never gone up there. Could get a little sketchy up there in the Windy City. Alshon Jefferey is looking awesome!!! He's on my fantasy team
      Not sure what will happen to Brandon if Jay gets a nice juicy offer elsewhere. He seems to have settled down these days, and if so, he will stay in Chicago. But isn't that amazing how our two young studs spearately ended up in the same place???

But back to Cutler/McCown, does it not seem like McCown has played better this season? He has better stats, but that's not the full picture. It just seems like he has led the Bears down the field with more precision/motivation.

Interested in other folks' opinion.

Comment

Not sure what will happen to Brandon if Jay gets a nice juicy offer elsewhere. He seems to have settled down these days, and if so, he will stay in Chicago. But isn't that amazing how our two young studs spearately ended up in the same place???

But back to Cutler/McCown, does it not seem like McCown has played better this season? He has better stats, but that's not the full picture. It just seems like he has led the Bears down the field with more precision/motivation.

Jay Cutler is not going anywhere unless he is traded. THey will certainly franchise tag him.... it is the smartest move. He wont hold out because it will be a hefty pay raise. IMO
        res ipsa loquitur

Comment

UPDATE

The NFL might be trying to address this issue

... and it's a major issue with the game outcome is not being correctly and fairly arrived out via officiating

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Albert Breer the league is considering changing how replay reviews are handled. "We're going to look at everything," Goodell said.

At least they are acknowledging the problem needs fixing -although with goodell at the helm I dunno if it will be fixed properly

Comment

The officiating this season all the ones before and particularly this week was horrid I would just like to see them find some kind of balance from what is being called each week from crew to crew

call a roughing the passer one week and then the next let him get smashed or go way overboard on what was called I swear i seen one on Foles this week where he wasnt even touched

I definitely want to see the NFL get rid of going under the hood for instant replay before they even get there the announcers and fans on a avg review all ready i have a good idea what the call is or at least should be

Only time I think penalties should be reviewable is if it nullifies a score I dont see that as a major issue or anything likely to happen I just think that would continue the integrity of the game
            Last edited by notmyname; 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I'm dubious about centralizing replay officiating at the league office. This gives even MORE control to the powers of the NFL - and we all know power corrupts.

The league needs to just stop changing the rules all the time - have better training for the officials - not just memos and points of emphasis. Real training. And give the fans something to consume regarding how they deal with the officials whom make blunderous calls. Don't just tell us - it's being dealt with - tell us how

After all the fans are who pays everyone's bills in the NFL so make sure the believe the integrity of the game is sacred and intact. I'd just feel more comfortable knowing what penalties these officials face - just like we all get to know the repercussions the players and coaches face.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                I'm dubious about centralizing replay officiating at the league office. This gives even MORE control to the powers of the NFL - and we all know power corrupts.

The league needs to just stop changing the rules all the time - have better training for the officials - not just memos and points of emphasis. Real training. And give the fans something to consume regarding how they deal with the officials whom make blunderous calls. Don't just tell us - it's being dealt with - tell us how

After all the fans are who pays everyone's bills in the NFL so make sure the believe the integrity of the game is sacred and intact. I'd just feel more comfortable knowing what penalties these officials face - just like we all get to know the repercussions the players and coaches face.
                If there was a clear line of "this is a penalty and this isn't" that refs followed or can tell then that would make this whole thing so much better. One thing that soccer refs do during the world cup is get together for a long session and go over how the center wants the game to run. Regardless of what the sideline refs believe, they are told to follow the center refs interpretation. At the very least this allows for knowing what to expect with each crew depending on who centers the game.

Comment

I have a friend who is a diehard 'skins fan. He is predicting Jay goes to Washington with Shanahan and RG3 is trade bait to recoup draft picks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    I have a friend who is a diehard 'skins fan. He is predicting Jay goes to Washington with Shanahan and RG3 is trade bait to recoup draft picks.
                    Is he speculating or do others see it that way as well?

I mean, RGIII has so much potential. He was scary good as a rookie.

What about trading Cousins for a good pick? Isn't that much more likely? Or......maybe Shanny isn't even coaching them next year! I could see that one before Jay landing in Washington.

Comment

All we ever hear is that the best officials get the most important games

This article suggests there is evidence to the contrary and of course - no clear explanation by the league.

We take a look at the NFL's decision on the officiating crew for Super Bowl 47. We also break down some of the controversy surrounding the decisions.

This year's Superbowl Refs have been announced ~fyi.

Offhand I don't recall any major blunders by McCauly. But of course he's just one of 7 - I don't even recognize the other's names.
                      Last edited by dizzolve; 01-22-2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I salute Rivera for telling it like it is

Panthers coach Ron Rivera, who sits on the Coaches Subcommittee of the Competition Committee, hopes the league sees more consistency in how pass interference is called next season.

Comment

Working...
                        X