Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this is accurate....do we have Biased refs effecting the outcome of games?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ruksak View Post
    Fans really need to drop this bizarre sentiment that refs are out to get their team. It's quite unhealthy.

    If you really, truly feel this way, why bother with this sport if you feel it is "fixed"?
    Who said that? Now your just putting words in to my mouth or someones mouth anyway.

    I dont believe football is fixed. Why would a Player make up such a story..really..what does he have to gain?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
      What's interesting is one ref mouths off and it's spun into yet another "hate NFL refs" thread. Yet players mouth off before games, during games, and after games! I think it would be great if refs got to give their two cents like the players do. I would guess this ref would have some really interesting things to say about this player. The fact that this is one of the few times you hear about a ref losing his cool leads me to believe he didn't just show up and start mouthing off. Someone pushed some buttons.


      Like I said before...REFS should be held to a higher standard. You cant even compare the actions of Refs and players being equal.

      Thats like saying that Adults can actlike 12yr olds and its ok. Refs have to take the high road here.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by sstoner View Post
        Like I said before...REFS should be held to a higher standard. You cant even compare the actions of Refs and players being equal.

        Thats like saying that Adults can actlike 12yr olds and its ok. Refs have to take the high road here.
        You basically took out the start of my quote that said the ref should be held accountable/he was unprofessional, and posted this self serving reply, ha.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
          You basically took out the start of my quote that said the ref should be held accountable/he was unprofessional, and posted this self serving reply, ha.
          Well you contradicted youself in your post...
          One breath the ref shold be punished ..it was unprofessional..


          Then you say you think the refs should mouth off as the players do...

          Which is it?

          Weird....
          Last edited by sstoner; 11-18-2013, 03:45 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Wow, anyone see the final play of last night's game?

            While I wanted the Panthers to win to help the Broncos secure the #1 seed and make this Sunday's game less relevant for Denver, I thought that non-call was total bull****. It may have been uncatchable, but we'll never really know because Gronk was wrapped up and couldn't try to make a play for it.

            I was just thinking about how mad I'd be if that was Peyton to Julius Thomas...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
              Wow, anyone see the final play of last night's game?

              While I wanted the Panthers to win to help the Broncos secure the #1 seed and make this Sunday's game less relevant for Denver, I thought that non-call was total bull****. It may have been uncatchable, but we'll never really know because Gronk was wrapped up and couldn't try to make a play for it.

              I was just thinking about how mad I'd be if that was Peyton to Julius Thomas...
              Yes, it was ugly. As a broncos fa n I didnt want to the Pats to win. But as a Football fan I wanted to see Tom work his magic.

              It should have been a holding call.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                Fans really need to drop this bizarre sentiment that refs are out to get their team. It's quite unhealthy.

                If you really, truly feel this way, why bother with this sport if you feel it is "fixed"?

                BTW: I have a hard time buying into Williams' claims. He's not the reputable type, been suspended twice I think.
                Williams long with fred davis were suspended in 2001 for failing the NFl drug testing.....but apparently it doesnt make him liar...


                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...f-verbal-abuse


                Where there is smoke.......theres usually a fire....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by sstoner View Post
                  Williams long with fred davis were suspended in 2001 for failing the NFl drug testing.....but apparently it doesnt make him liar...


                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...f-verbal-abuse


                  Where there is smoke.......theres usually a fire....
                  Starting to sound more likely than I first thought.
                  sigpic
                  Rogue Colts Fan

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The ref should not have been suspended. The NFL has to do something about their attitude problem. If I went to work and started calling my coworkers the "N" word I would be FIRED on the spot.

                    Williams, Incognito, all of the people that think it is ok to use racist language need to be in for a rude awakening.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                    The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X