No announcement yet.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct On Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah it's Tom... He can get away with pretty much everything he wants and that is shame....

To the Pats fan trying to stir the pot your still the cheatriots to me...
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

I have to go back to reference this...

If Stokes get ejected for this, why can't Tom Brady get ejected for what he did last night? Same scenario, but Stokely barely touches the official.

Go ahead and tell me that Brady doesn't get preferential treatment, I will wait...
      Last edited by Broncoholic JS; 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Just like Michael Jordan 2.5 step on 50% of the shots he took in the NBA. Different standards for the chosen ones. Michael was a great player but he got away with sometimes 4 steps going to the hoop. Brady gets the benefit of the doubt consitently more than any other QB.

Comment

Did Tom touch the ref? If he did, he should have been flagged, if not, I don't think you can. We did get some breaks with calls, but maybe not at the time we needed.

Comment

While we do not know exactly what words Tommy chose to yell/scream at the refs this time, it is safe to say that an action like that in other sports would be penalized.

If that happened in basketball you better believe #12 would have been served up a Technical. If it happened in baseball, then I'm guessing Belichick would have waddled out a la Bobby Cox in trying to protect the star player from being run, but an immediate outburst like that in baseball ends up with an ejection on the spot more times than not. I'm not saying Brady should have been ejected, he shouldn't have been for what he did. He did however deserve a 15 yard penalty. I was just comparing how similar acts are treated in the other two major sports.

I know Rivers was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in the 2nd quarter of week 3 vs. Tennessee following an offensive pass interference call against the Chargers. I haven't seen tape of the event to compare it to Brady or to say they were equal or one was far worse than the other, but in my opinion it was worthy of a flag. It's not the first time Brady has escaped a penalty after an outburst.
            Last edited by allthings18; 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Wow you guys sound very bitter and trying to complain about brady tantrums which had no effect on the game is pointless. Yes he was a little excessive and may have deserve a 15 yard penalty but I don't think that would have changed the out come. theres no way there gojng to eject a player for that. He never touched a ref. A flag would only be thing they would do. But even still then its better to see the fire in his eyes rather than see mannings whining faces he makes.
              Brady atleast had a good reason cuz there should have been a pass interference call on the bronces twice. But I think they was fair and let skme go kn both sides. As long as the refs didnt change the game or decided by a ref I think thats all you can ask for in any game. Brady just owns manning though its not manning vs brady but brady has a winning record against manning. Jack del rio looked lost in the second half. Dont know where you could put the blame on this game. Brady is the only qb that scares me. Hes just so clutch and awesome to watch him play. I dont hate manning as much as I used to but stilk hate his and his brothers facial expressions.

Comment

I know this loss stings just as my chiefs lost stings cuz we scored 38 and it was all offense scoring with no turnovers from our def so it was encouraging but losing both hali and houston before the half our def was slaughtered in the second half. And if reid would have ran the ball and burned the clock instead of throwing for the td then the chwrgers wouldnt have had time to go down and score a td.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefsfan1981 View Post
                  Brady is the only qb that scares me. Hes just so clutch and awesome to watch him play. I dont hate manning as much as I used to but stilk hate his and his brothers facial expressions.
                  Even Dalton should scare you as the chiefs are getting bounced in the first round.
                  sigpic

Comment

Meh. Personally, I think referees use the "unsportsmanlike conduct" flag too often. I don't believe tantrums should lead to flags, unless there is actually the threat of violence (e.g., a player shoves a ref). Similarly, I don't think taunting should have such a low bar (e.g., the taunting call against Ihenacho in the Broncos-Chiefs game last week). It's just words, sticks and stones, yea?

In fact, I would hope if an opposing player taunts a Bronco, it only fuels the Broncos' desires to play harder.

Comment

While I abhor NBA players barking at refs...I really didn't mind the no flag on BRady. We were getting beatdown, and I am not going to cry about Brady showing emotion.

Hell, I'll take Brady's emotion over MAnning's lack of emotion any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by dlewis76 View Post
                        Did Tom touch the ref? If he did, he should have been flagged, if not, I don't think you can. We did get some breaks with calls, but maybe not at the time we needed.
                        If we get called for a stupid taunting call last week, Brady should get an unsportsman like conduct, the refs pick and choose what they call instead of just enforcing the rules for everyone
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                          How is his outburst not a penalty? I mean seriously, if you did that in the NBA, MLB, and any other sport you are tossed and facing a suspension/fine. How is that tolerated?

It got under my skin that he can get away with that.
                          What did you expect. It is their stadium, the refs are not going to penalize him, and you know as well as I do that if it were a Bronco it would have been 15 yards. He is as big a whiner as Rivers of San Diego.
                          American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

I thought it was going to be flagged. I didn't think you could yell at the refs like that.

Comment

He was acting like a little diva, I really don't care for that guy. Even if he is a GREAT QB ( puke) I thought they could have tossed a flag on him?

Comment

The Chiefs and Pats fans are coming out of the wood-works to tell us to stop whining about the refs, but I think us being upset is more about the fact that no-calls like that one, set a standard that basically Uggs can do whatever he wants and it wont draw a flag. I don't believe that a penalty there changes the outcome of the game, but that kind of temper tantrum is usually reserved for a 7 year old on the floor of Toys'R'Us. I don't feel that there's any room for that in pro sports. There is a difference between passion/enthusiasm during an emotional game, and what Brady did last night. It only makes sense that if you are going to call what Duke did against KC "Unsportsmanlike" I don't know how Brady's Tantrum could be considered "Sportsmanlike". But with all that said, 15 yards there doesn't change the game that much. I think we'd all just like to see some consistency with the way things are called.... It's just not gonna happen. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X