No announcement yet.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct On Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the league needs to do is hold the officials accountable via hefty fines and/or suspensions for blatant miss-calls. They have a tough job and they are going to miss calls; that is to be expected. But when one week you have a player that just casually says something to another player (Nacho) as he walks past him that gets called and then you have a QB that throws a tantrum on the field in consecutive games, yells at the officials, but isn't called, then something is wrong. I don't blame Brady for being upset, as it was definitely interference, but his outburst was also a penalty that went uncalled.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
      How is his outburst not a penalty? I mean seriously, if you did that in the NBA, MLB, and any other sport you are tossed and facing a suspension/fine. How is that tolerated?

It got under my skin that he can get away with that.
      In the NFL it seems you can rant and rave all you want, untill you cuss them or physically abuse them, and even then, it seems the coaches get away with cussing at them all the time!
      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by NEPATFAN12 View Post
        LOL, you guys are ridiculous. Personal foul?? It should have been DPI on you guys. Take a loss and manning isn't the goat. MR. Brady owns that title
        What about the blatant interference on Thomas that didnt get called? What about the late hit on Manning that didnt get called? What about gronk pushing off on haof his receptions, even Collinsworth noted that....and for Collinsworth to note blatant fouls *against* the Broncos, is very very strange indeed.

Brady is just a crybaby. Nothing new, been that way for years.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          Look at his coach. Not the classiest individual in the world.
          Agreed. The pats have no class. From the coach on down. Although it is interesting to note, this supposed "dynasty" of theirs hasn't won a super bowl since spygate......coincidence?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
            For the both of you, No one here ever claimed there was not a penalty on the play. There was no flag which trust me we know how you feel, but when a player abuses a referee the way Brady has done two weeks in a row they should be flagged and fined by the league.

None of our players ran to the referees and started yelling at them because they missed the holding on Talib, or the picks or the many other plays where there were no flags.

This is a double standard because NO player is supposed to yell at the referees. Not even the coaches can yell at them without getting fined.
            Unless that is, it's the patriots....

Personally I think their organization as whole is an insult to the word patriot
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doubletap
              You guys' incessant whining about the refs has got to stop. They blew an obvious call in a tense, emotional game.

Had the shoe been on the other foot you would have started a thread about how an obvious pass interference wasn't called.

As Steve Smith would say, "ice up, son." Or in mannings case, hope for 65 degree weather in all the remaining games this year. LOL
              Did you even watch the same game? Gronk was guilty of pushing off all night, even Collinsworth....a truly noted Bronco-hater commented on it several times. I am sure it ripped his guts out.

Or how about the noncall on the late hit to Manning? Or the noncall on the PI against Thomas?

And yet no thread....

If you're going to smack, at least have the decency your team doesnt and be honest about your criticisms...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Agreed. The pats have no class. From the coach on down. Although it is interesting to note, this supposed "dynasty" of theirs hasn't won a super bowl since spygate......coincidence?
                Hmmm, you may be onto something there…
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                  I thought it was going to be flagged. I didn't think you could yell at the refs like that.
                  Thats just it....you're not supposed to be able to.

Unless your name is Brady...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                    While we do not know exactly what words Tommy chose to yell/scream at the refs this time, it is safe to say that an action like that in other sports would be penalized.

If that happened in basketball you better believe #12 would have been served up a Technical. If it happened in baseball, then I'm guessing Belichick would have waddled out a la Bobby Cox in trying to protect the star player from being run, but an immediate outburst like that in baseball ends up with an ejection on the spot more times than not. I'm not saying Brady should have been ejected, he shouldn't have been for what he did. He did however deserve a 15 yard penalty. I was just comparing how similar acts are treated in the other two major sports.

I know Rivers was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in the 2nd quarter of week 3 vs. Tennessee following an offensive pass interference call against the Chargers. I haven't seen tape of the event to compare it to Brady or to say they were equal or one was far worse than the other, but in my opinion it was worthy of a flag. It's not the first time Brady has escaped a penalty after an outburst.
                    Team Broncos!
                    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

You don't know what he was saying. Typically, players are only fined/penalized if their outburst is delaying the game, insulting to the refs, foul language etc etc.

They will always tolerate a certain amount of emotion, so long as it isn't vitriolic.

Peyton has done similar flares numerous times.

Last edited by ruksak; 11-25-2013, 06:34 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post

Not sure which GIFs resulted in a flag.
                        Team Broncos!
                        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post

Not sure which GIFs resulted in a flag.

Context....context.

You don't know what was said. Manning is smart enough not go too far. He's done this so many times I simply cannot count them, including as a Bronco.

Brady has my hard earned respect. I love his fire. Love it.
                          sigpic
                          Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

They arent gonna call that, anyone else its probably a penalty though.

Comment

Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
                              ya that pisses me off. Rivers is also a huge culprit of "harassing" the refs. but when he does it, it just makes me laugh. his little bump with Reid had me cracking up today.
                              ya and he got a penalty for it too, he's not tom brady though.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                                Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                                Hmmm, you may be onto something there…
                                I actually think that many folks have argued the same point.

Take away the "tuck rule" miracle, which led to a SB, and possibly some cheating that was going on before the spygate, and these guys aren't so special. Sure they're good, but not that special.

Comment

Working...
                                X