Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First it was the Redskins name...now language police?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First it was the Redskins name...now language police?

Apparently the language used by players has offended someone....where does it end?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...nalty-21008801

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
    Apparently the language used by players has offended someone....where does it end?

Vicious tackling hurts the players feeling so I think that is the next logical course of action. Fixing those hard hits

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

I am sorry to inform you of this, but at every job I have been at you can be fired for offensive language. If I walked up to a coworker and called him the "N" word I would be fired on the spot. The language situation in the NFL is out of control. If the NFL really wants to be family friendly as it claims to be, then they need to clean up the language.

That or stop saying the NFL is family-friendly. You or I can be removed from a stadium for yelling the "F" word at atthe refs as can we if we say it to another fan at the stadium. The same should go for the players.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
        I am sorry to inform you of this, but at every job I have been at you can be fired for offensive language. If I walked up to a coworker and called him the "N" word I would be fired on the spot. The language situation in the NFL is out of control. If the NFL really wants to be family friendly as it claims to be, then they need to clean up the language.

That or stop saying the NFL is family-friendly. You or I can be removed from a stadium for yelling the "F" word at atthe refs as can we if we say it to another fan at the stadium. The same should go for the players.
        The irony here is that sstoner is posting on a censored board, ha. He's voluntarily agreeing to do what he's unhappy about.

Where does it end?
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

So, you're upset because the league is asking players not to perpetuate the use of a horrible, offensive, evil racial slur? Really?
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            I am sorry to inform you of this, but at every job I have been at you can be fired for offensive language. If I walked up to a coworker and called him the "N" word I would be fired on the spot.
            ya thanks for pointing out the obvious.

The language situation in the NFL is out of control. If the NFL really wants to be family friendly as it claims to be, then they need to clean up the language.
            Out of control?? really? how so..please explain....have you heard players talking during games? Do you know what goes on on the field? I dont. I can count on one hand how many times I heard a curse word accidentally going over the TV...and thats in 20 years of watching football.

That or stop saying the NFL is family-friendly. You or I can be removed from a stadium for yelling the "F" word at at the refs as can we if we say it to another fan at the stadium. The same should go for the players.
            Well, again, captain obvious you are in the range of other paying fans. But I dont think we need to monitor the trash talk that players do on the playing field.

I am sorry to inform you that happens in all professional sports. I consider it like cable TV..you dont like the language dont watch.

We have enough ticky tacky calls from the refs without this.

Besides there is already a penalty for this Genius.

Unsportsmanlike conduct (also called unsporting behaviour or ungentlemanly conduct) is a foul or offense in many sports that violates the sport's generally accepted rules of sportsmanship and/or participant conduct. Examples include verbal abuse or taunting of an opponent, an excessive celebration following a scoring play, or feigning injury. The official rules of many sports include a catch-all provision whereby participants or an entire team may be penalized or otherwise sanctioned for unsportsmanlike conduct.

People this day and age seem to think we need a rule for every little thing...its simply not the case.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most black players won't be happy about the white man telling them they can't use that word considering it came from them .. Black folks just changed the spelling and flipped it to take away the racial power behind it . It's like saying bro.

In the way it is used there's no disrespect behind it .

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                So, you're upset because the league is asking players not to perpetuate the use of a horrible, offensive, evil racial slur? Really?
                Uh I amn saying it doesnt need to be another form of penality see post above.

And according to the black community its ok for them to use..so whats the big deal?

I am not saying the N word is ok but why is it a big deal now? we have a penality that covers it...we dont need o get all crazy with this.

I think you should read that article again..the league didnt bring it up.
                Last edited by Peanut; 11-26-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure most black players won't be happy about the white man telling them they can't use that word considering it came from them .. Black folks just changed the spelling and flipped it to take away the racial power behind it . It's like saying bro.

In the way it is used there's no disrespect behind it .
                  Oh you heard the Matt barnes explanation..add an "a" on the end its ok LOL

Black people want to end racism...stop using the N word and empowering it no matter how its spelled.

They want to be called "bro" say "bro"..no need to be special!

Comment

Out of control?? really? how so..please explain....have you heard players talking during games? Do you know what goes on on the field? I dont. I can count on one hand how many times I heard a curse word accidentally going over the TV...and thats in 20 years of watching football.
                    Aren't the Dolphins going through a scandal right now? I consider that a seriou problem and that involves threats of violence and threats of sexual violence (aren't those FELONIES?)

Well, again, captain obvious you are in the range of other paying fans. But I dont think we need to monitor the trash talk that players do on the playing field.
                    Trash talking is one thing. Threatening to rape someone's sister is another. Also, threatening to kill someone also is not trash talking. Nor is trash talking calling somebody a racial epithet. Go to the smack section - there you see people talking trash. Nowhere will you find threats of rape or murder nor will you find anything racist.

You can trash talk without making it a felony and you can trash talk without resorting to race.

You said "Don't watch if you don't like"? That is the WWE mottopretty much. The rest of society is not them. The NFL promises a family friendly environment. If you don't like that go watch the WWE where people hurt each other (faux) and threaten to rape each other and are quite sexualized.

People this day and age seem to think we need a rule for every little thing...its simply not the case.
                    No, people in this day and age know that using threats of rape, violence, murder and racial epithets are not "entertaining" nor "family friendly". We have grown up a little bit as a society.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Matt Barnes isn't black.

I bet if they did a poll and asked black players if they have a problem with other black players saying it the majority would say NO.

Comment

As someone mentioned, we do have a CoC and this discussion is not allowed in the open forums.

Links to videos and articles using certain words are not allowed.

Thank you for understanding.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                        X