Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest question: Do you respect Tom Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest question: Do you respect Tom Brady?

I understand that a certain amount of respect might come out the games he's given the Broncos in the past, win or lose. But I wanted to hear from Broncos fans, especially after this past Sunday, what your thoughts on Brady are. Do you respect him? Where would you rank him vs. Manning or among the GOAT candidates?

Honestly, I hope no one contributes to this social experiment that you're masking as a thread, which you will then take over to the Pats board.

Comment

He's one of the best at his craft and has a very likable personality. One of my favorite players.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
        Honestly, I hope no one contributes to this social experiment that you're masking as a thread, which you will then take over to the Pats board.
        Ha, spot on.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Yes of course. Move along.
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, I'm more or less interested to get your reads on him. I wouldn't have created the thread if I wasn't. We have a similar thread about Manning over there, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about.

Comment

See y'all in January, move along
              KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

I respect the hell out of him. He's the 3rd best QB I've seen play the game of football.

I respect his passion, his desire to improve and his work ethic. He's a much better QB now than he was when he was holding up Lombardis. Over the years there have been many Patriots that I've disliked, but there have been a few that I've liked. I still like Wilfork, Troy Brown better than Brady but respect all three of them and a few others.

I am jealous of the fact that Brady plays for an aggressive coach, and Manning never really has. Del Rio or Mora would likely be the most aggressive coaches Manning has played for and that isn't really saying much. Dungy & Dumbgy were far too passive.

It's the over-the-top bordering on moronic Patriots fans that I have encountered over the years that makes me want the team to fail.
                Last edited by allthings18; 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I don't believe in hating a player because he did well against you for so long. If that was the case for me, I probably wouldn't have adopted Peyton Manning on these boards. I always dreaded playing against him. Brady is kinda the same way, although we did well against him earlier in his career. We've lost our last 4 against him, and I do hate seeing him do well against us, but I have plenty of respect for Tom. Heck, I would argue he's the second best QB in the league right now.

They lost a lot of talent on offense, Amendola keeps getting hurt, and yet Tom keeps the Patriots competitive and strong. Most QB's wouldn't be able to do much with limited talent. Look at Flacco for example. He lost Anquan Boldin and Dennis Pitta, and look how bad he's playing. Brady loses Welker, Lloyd, Gronkowski for a good part of the year, and Hernandez, and he's still playing great. That takes talent to have a team be 8-3, especially after losing all that talent.
                  sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Kontradiction View Post
                    Actually, I'm more or less interested to get your reads on him. I wouldn't have created the thread if I wasn't. We have a similar thread about Manning over there, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about.
                    You assume wrong. I don't go over to a message board of a team I don't like. I do know, though, that it's common practice lately for Pats fans to come here, post their drivel, and then go back to the Pats board to gossip about it like girls in high school.

Comment

I'm not gna make this bigger than some are trying to...I've only read one other post from Kontradiction, and it was a good one so I'm going to assume he's one of the good fans of his team ..

Yes, what can you not respect about Brady? He is the ultimate QB...if we had him in our offense we'd still be on a record setting pace cuz Brady would just absolutely destroy teams with our weapons...seriously think about that...he's one win below us with a worse defense and way worse supporting cast n a worse ST unit imagine what he could do with this team

What does Brady have to work with compared to Manning? It's not even close, Manning has DT and JT, and then Welker and Decker...Brady has Gronk and Amendola and only half the time

People are gonna trip on me but it's the simple truth...Brady is a better QB and it ain't as close as most think...in a dome it gets closer, but in outdoor games, especially if there's any kind of weather, Brady is and I've ALWAYS said this I don't flip now because Manning is now a Bronco, a notch above Peyton...

I'm not knocking Peyton, he's a terrific QB. But he has some serious limitations now and that's a serious problem because playoff games often have bad weather n especially with where the SB this year...if we had Brady, we won the SB last year n we win it this year and nobody stops us ever...unfortunately because of where he's at in his career, obviously we didn't win last year cuz Manning's arm was worthless in the cold n it wasn't too good Sunday night either...but Brady was still throwing darts...it's not Manning's fault...it's just what is

Look what Brady did in '07 with just Moss and Welker...I can't even imagine what he'd do with our cast...and not only is he the better QB, imo, he's a guy I'd rather go to war with...the cameras often show Peyton with that look towards a teammate that messes up...that's not cool, Brady doesn't do that

And in all honesty, I think the hate that the Pats get is comical...how can anyone hate Brady, he ALWAYS says the most right thing you could say and he's sincere and doesn't talk trash...same goes for Belicheck who's also by far the best coach in the NFL...Showed it in the last game taking the wind, which was obvious to any smart football person, yet Collinsworth was so surprised...anyhow imo, the reason ppl hate the Pats is cuz they have a lot of cocky, bad overall fans

Hopefully you're not one of them, but I'm just speaking the truth here...anyone who can try n argue Peyton over Brady, especially at this point, is clearly biased

Comment

Absolutely. I think Manning's smarter but Brady has a far better arm (and I mean through the entirety of their careers).

Comment

You assume wrong. I don't go over to a message board of a team I don't like. I do know, though, that it's common practice lately for Pats fans to come here, post their drivel, and then go back to the Pats board to gossip about it like girls in high school.
                          Well if ppl wanna be immature and do that let them...this dude seems cool, so be cool...if he does that then he's the guy who acted like a clown, not you

Hate when our fans get so defensive towards other teams' fans that are being cool...

Yes, there are plenty of Pats fans that just simply suck, probably more than any other team...but there are surely some Bronco fans like that just like there's also cool ones so chill dude

Comment

No, not at all. He helped NE cheat to win 3 SBs, and he abandoned his pregnant girlfriend. He whines and cries at the refs non-stop and blames others. Plus when Brady got hurt, Cassell put up similar numbers. So no, I don't respect him at all
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

NO, anyone who rants like a little child as he does, I have no respect for!

Now as a football player, I'm torn between his actions on the field, and his football acumen.

Comment

Working...
                              X