Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest question: Do you respect Tom Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Yes, what can you not respect about Brady? He is the ultimate QB...if we had him in our offense we'd still be on a record setting pace cuz Brady would just absolutely destroy teams with our weapons...seriously think about that...he's one win below us with a worse defense and way worse supporting cast n a worse ST unit imagine what he could do with this team
    Worse defense? Yards wise it's a wash but they give up a TD less than the broncos D. Points given up is what matters.

You're also forgetting a very important piece, a better coach.

Comment

Yes. +10 chars

Comment

^ o it's funny...Peyton does the same thing and nobody complains about the ranting then

Tom imo is actually more of a class act, and a better leader than Peyton

Peyton's great, I like Peyton...but Brady always was (outside of maybe a couple years) but especially now is the better QB, and as I previously stated, who I'd rather go to war with as a player and who I'd draft out of the two as well

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
          Worse defense? Yards wise it's a wash but they give up a TD less than the broncos D. Points given up is what matters.

You're also forgetting a very important piece, a better coach.
          Well I guess in a sense you're right because I'm ultimately judging our D on talent compared to theirs but we haven't had Von or Champ most the year

But once this D is healthy it's absolutely without question actually one of the best in the league...DRC, Champ, Harris, n Webster...Woody, Trevathan, Von...Phillips, Knighton, Jackson

It cracks me up how underrated our D is and has been...last year often times our D was winning us games while the O got the credit...even tho the O was terrific at times as well

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            Well I guess in a sense you're right because I'm ultimately judging our D on talent compared to theirs but we haven't had Von or Champ most the year

But once this D is healthy it's absolutely without question actually one of the best in the league...DRC, Champ, Harris, n Webster...Woody, Trevathan, Von...Phillips, Knighton, Jackson

It cracks me up how underrated our D is and has been...last year often times our D was winning us games while the O got the credit...even tho the O was terrific at times as well
            If our defense was healthy, I don't think it would be close. No offense or anything. But we lost the best NT in football, one of the best all around LB's in the AFC who was having his finest year in coverage, a solid #2 and capable #1 corner for a couple of games, and the quarterback of our secondary. We were playing without all of that the other night, with the first two I mentioned on IR for the year. In their place, we were fielding five rookies (none of which were Day 1 picks). With Mayo and Wilfork in this season, New England was fielding a top five defense, statistically. Fortunately, we'll get Dennard and Gregory back, but Mayo and Wilfork are going to be losses that hurt us all season.

Thanks for cool words. I'm not taking anything back to PatsFans. Like I said, we have a similar thread about Manning over there (if you want to check it out) and I want to get a similar guage over here.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
              NO, anyone who rants like a little child as he does, I have no respect for!

Now as a football player, I'm torn between his actions on the field, and his football acumen.
              Manning, literally, does the exact same thing. I still respect him.

Comment

Let's see.. do I respect Tom Brady?

I'll have to go with NO.
                PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontradiction View Post
                  If our defense was healthy, I don't think it would be close. No offense or anything. But we lost the best NT in football, one of the best all around LB's in the AFC who was having his finest year in coverage, a solid #2 and capable #1 corner for a couple of games, and the quarterback of our secondary. We were playing without all of that the other night, with the first two I mentioned on IR for the year. In their place, we were fielding five rookies (none of which were Day 1 picks). With Mayo and Wilfork in this season, New England was fielding a top five defense, statistically. Fortunately, we'll get Dennard and Gregory back, but Mayo and Wilfork are going to be losses that hurt us all season.

Thanks for cool words. I'm not taking anything back to PatsFans. Like I said, we have a similar thread about Manning over there (if you want to check it out) and I want to get a similar guage over here.
                  Well you and i shall differ on this opinion...when healthy Pats D is solid but line em up next to Broncos D healthy and it honestly isn't close IMO again-look at who I mentioned n compare that to Pats...

Comment

Manning doesn't make a scene and throw a tantrum though .

When he was hit around the ankles against the charges peyton said nothing to the refs about it.

You know for a fact Brady would of got up like knowshon Moreno does after a good run and stomped his way towards the refs flailing his arms in all types of ways yelling and asking for a flag.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Saying Brady doesn't get mad at his team mates or give them dirty looks when they mess up is absolutely ludicrous and laughable.

Didn't we just watch a complete meltdown and temper tantrum on the sideline because his young WR's weren't catching the ball?

And, don't we see him yell at his team mates when they make a bad play? And don't we see him yelling and screaming at refs when they make a bad call?

Yeah, he's the epitome of cool, calm and collected. Yeah, he doesn't do that! RIGHT!
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'm not sure of all of Kon's intentions sometimes, but I don't think he's the troll everyone thinks he is. He takes some shots, and appears to be a Patriot homer sometimes, but Kontradiction, I appreciate your presence on here.

So I'll entertain you're question and be as objective as possible. I deeply respect Brady. Looking back on his combine film from college, he looked about as basic and bland as anyone I've seen. To look at that film and fast forward to where he is, it's a great story of hard work and determination to be great. He has a lot of HEART and a great football mind to go along with a pretty good arm that makes him one of the greatest ever. I think some people dislike him, because he comes off as cocky sometimes, he seems to get a lot of favorable calls, and times like Sunday night where he chews the refs out for not throwing a flag and they turn a deaf ear to it, when anyone else would've gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct flag, but they allow Brady to get away with it.

With that being said, I've heard the criticism and disrespect to Peyton that has come from some Patriot fans in the last couple of days because of your comeback win and it's been ridiculous. I remember hearing a significant amount of Pats fans predict how bad Peyton would slice up your defense. How quickly things change. Peyton didn't have a good game, and part of that may have been because we ran the ball so well. With his age and the injury, he does seem to take a while to get warmed up and this didn't happen Sunday night. Even with that wet noodle arm Patriot fans are talking about, he'll possibly break Brady's record this year. Many Bronco fans have talked about the off game Peyton had, but some Patriots fans have been down out disrespectful. While I can't take anything away from Brady and his greatness and I hate to bring this up to defend my QB after Sundays game, I have to because so many Patriot fans have acted like they weren't nervous about giving us the ball back before we muffed the punt in OT. Like you forget, we probably kick the game winning FG if Welker catches the 3rd and 8 pass.

I think you have to include Belichick and his defense in mentioning Brady's success. Brady didn't have a very good 1st half going against the wind, if you guys remembr. Even with your early fumbles, Brady struggled passing against the wind just like Peyton did. Rodgers Cromartie goes down before halftime and Brady gets the wind in the 2nd half. All of a sudden, Brady feasts on our 3rd, 4th and 5th string DBs. If you ask me, Belichick was the MVP of the other night. Belichick has a reputation for taking away an offense's strength and making you win another way. The other night it was Brady and Belichick at home vs Peyton and Jack Del Rio on the road, I'd say advantage Patriots. I'll be honest, we choked with a big lead, but was it because of Peyton like many Patriot fans have suggested, I say not. I say we thought the game was over and gave the momentum to a good team at home. Did anyone question Brady when your two RBs fumbled, you were down 24 points, and couldn't score going against the wind??? But somehow, you say you don't fear Peyton anymore because his RBs fumbled and didn't move the ball well against the wind. What a difference one half of football and getting the wind makes.
                        Last edited by champ&dreallday; 11-26-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Respect him as a QB, sure, i dont like him but i respect him, sure.

Comment

Every QB wants a call, just as every receiver wants a PI call or every DE wants holding called.

With that said, I've never seen Manning throw a tantrum towards an official.

I've never seen him act like this:

Which was another play where he was not penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct but clearly should have been.

Brady explodes and Manning stews and both get bashed by the opposition for it.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                              I'm not sure of all of Kon's intentions sometimes, but I don't think he's the troll everyone thinks he is. He takes some shots, and appears to be a Patriot homer sometimes, but Kontradiction, I appreciate your presence on here.
                              Appreciate that. Actually I'm not a homer. I'm not a chicken little, either. But if you look at my posts on the Pats forum, I critique the team, Belichick, and front office decisions quite a bit. That said, I'm on an opposing team's forum so I could come off as a little homer-ish sometimes.

So I'll entertain you're question and be as objective as possible. I deeply respect Brady. Looking back on his combine film from college, he looked about as basic and bland as anyone I've seen. To look at that film and fast forward to where he is, it's a great story of hard work and determination to be great. He has a lot of HEART and a great football mind to go along with a pretty good arm that makes him one of the greatest ever. I think some people dislike him, because he comes off as cocky sometimes, he seems to get a lot of favorable calls, and times like Sunday night where he chews the refs out for not throwing a flag and they turn a deaf ear to it, when anyone else would've gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct flag, but they allow Brady to get away with it.
                              I would call that the star treatment. That sort of treatment expands across all sports, and not just football. Brady did yell at the refs a lot the last two weeks. I could forgive him for both. Both Kuechly and Jammer committed PI's against Gronk and Thompkins, respectively. That said, Manning works the officials too. The difference is that he doesn't have as fiery a temper as Brady does and goes about it a different way. But they both get the same treatment, as a whole.

With that being said, I've heard the criticism and disrespect to Peyton that has come from some Patriot fans in the last couple of days because of your comeback win and it's been ridiculous. I remember hearing a significant amount of Pats fans predict how bad Peyton would slice up your defense. How quickly things change. Peyton didn't have a good game, and part of that may have been because we ran the ball so well. With his age and the injury, he does seem to take a while to get warmed up and this didn't happen Sunday night. Even with that wet noodle arm Patriot fans are talking about, he'll possibly break Brady's record this year. Many Bronco fans have talked about the off game Peyton had, but some Patriots fans have been down out disrespectful. While I can't take anything away from Brady and his greatness and I hate to bring this up to defend my QB after Sundays game, I have to because so many Patriot fans have acted like they weren't nervous about giving us the ball back before we muffed the punt in OT.
                              Some fans have been disrespectful, that's true. But on the whole, I think it's because we know better than most, save for Jags, Titans, and Texans fans, what Manning used to be. There were some throws in this game that, had it been a few years ago, Manning would have completed whereas he was off Sunday night. The throw down the sideline to DT, for example. Talib had him blanketed, but the Manning of 2003-2009 would have fired in a laser where only DT could catch it. This time, he underthrew it. The throw to Welker was also behind him.

Like you forget, we probably kick the game winning FG if Welker catches the 3rd and 8 pass.
                              This was not a good throw. Even if Welker had caught it, it would not have went for a first down. Collins was closing too fast.

I think you have to include Belichick and his defense in mentioning Brady's success. Brady didn't have a very good 1st half going against the wind, if you guys remembr. Even with your early fumbles, Brady struggled passing against the wind just like Peyton did. Rodgers Cromartie goes down before halftime and Brady gets the wind in the 2nd half. All of a sudden, Brady feasts on our 3rd, 4th and 5th string DBs.
                              Statistically, Brady was actually better going against the wind than he was going with it.

If you ask me, Belichick was the MVP of the other night. Belichick has a reputation for taking away an offense's strength and making you win another way. The other night it was Brady and Belichick at home vs Peyton and Jack Del Rio on the road, I'd say advantage Patriots. I'll be honest, we choked with a big lead, but was it because of Peyton like many Patriot fans have suggested, I say not. I say we thought the game was over and gave the momentum to a good team at home. Did anyone question Brady when your two RBs fumbled, you were down 24 points, and couldn't score going against the wind??? But somehow, you say you don't fear Peyton anymore because his RBs fumbled and didn't move the ball well against the wind. What a difference one half of football and getting the wind makes.
                              I don't fear Peyton anymore because I remembered what he used to be and I see what he is now. I actually feel bad for him because, until that neck surgery, his arm strength was still second to none. His worst enemy is not the cold, per se. It's the cold comined with the wind. As we go into January, his arm will begin getting weaker. He'll still make up for it with his extraordinary in-game intelligence and accuracy, like he did in the 4th quarter Sunday night. But will it be enough? Not sure. When you look at it, your offense only really scored 14 on our defense. The other 17 was spotted through three fumbles in the first seven minutes which either went for a score, or gave you excellent field position. For an offense that's striving to be the greatest of all time, or at least in the conversation, that's not good. Troy Brown made a comment the other night that Manning is the quarterback that will always take what the defense is giving him, which explains all of the draw plays. We left six in the box and dared him to run. He did. On the other hand, Brady is the type of quarterback that sees what the defense is giving him and decides to take the ball into his own hands anyway and go against the grain because that's what he needs to do in order to win.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOLT
                                Funniest post of the week.. not a chance in Hades.

go head.. call me what you want.. cause we know you will.
                                Can I call you maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X