Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest question: Do you respect Tom Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect his ability and part of NFL history. I respect his drive to be the best.

I don't respect the perceived special treatement he gets.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kontradiction View Post
      I would call that the star treatment. That sort of treatment expands across all sports, and not just football. Brady did yell at the refs a lot the last two weeks. I could forgive him for both. Both Kuechly and Jammer committed PI's against Gronk and Thompkins, respectively. That said, Manning works the officials too. The difference is that he doesn't have as fiery a temper as Brady does and goes about it a different way. But they both get the same treatment, as a whole
      I have to disagree, I haven't seen any QB this season chase a ref and yell in his face, I've seen other players, not QBs do it, and get flagged everytime.

[/QUOTE]
      This was not a good throw. Even if Welker had caught it, it would not have went for a first down. Collins was closing too fast.[/QUOTE]

Again I disagree, it looked like a well placed ball in which Welker ran his route short of the line (he did this a couple of times prior). It would've probably been 4 and 1, where we kick the FG or if we felt froggy, went for it.

[/QUOTE]
      I don't fear Peyton anymore because I remembered what he used to be and I see what he is now. I actually feel bad for him because, until that neck surgery, his arm strength was still second to none. His worst enemy is not the cold, per se. It's the cold comined with the wind. As we go into January, his arm will begin getting weaker. He'll still make up for it with his extraordinary in-game intelligence and accuracy, like he did in the 4th quarter Sunday night. But will it be enough? Not sure. When you look at it, your offense only really scored 14 on our defense. The other 17 was spotted through three fumbles in the first seven minutes which either went for a score, or gave you excellent field position. For an offense that's striving to be the greatest of all time, or at least in the conversation, that's not good. Troy Brown made a comment the other night that Manning is the quarterback that will always take what the defense is giving him, which explains all of the draw plays. We left six in the box and dared him to run. He did. On the other hand, Brady is the type of quarterback that sees what the defense is giving him and decides to take the ball into his own hands anyway and go against the grain because that's what he needs to do in order to win.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you say you don't fear him anymore like many of your fans, but just last week many of you FEARED Peyton. It's also funny how our offense only earned 14 points, with the rest coming from TOs, but your offense earned every bit of that 34 huh???? Forgetting about the RB fumble and interception on our side of the field.....not to mention you didn't get anywhere near FG range in OT until a fluke punt mishap. If I'm not mistaken you guys had the wind in OT right????

Comment

So the TO's work against us but NE forces them and gets 3 of their scores off them and its good plays?

Doesnt go both ways?

Brady didnt do all that much in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          So the TO's work against us but NE forces them and gets 3 of their scores off them and its good plays?

Doesnt go both ways?

Brady didnt do all that much in OT.
          We had more yards overall and Brady had much better numbers. I know you will use the argument that you ran the ball a ton and that's why Manning's numbers were low, but he still threw the ball 36 times and managed only 150 yards with a 52% completion%. He had 4.2 yards per attempt.

In OT, neither QB did much, but for the sake of comparison:

Brady: 3/7, 35 yards, 5 yards per attempt
          Manning: 2/5, 16 yards, 3.2 yards per attempt

Comment

He's a baller and the reason the Pats were able to win despite key offensive injuries.
            Have to respect that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
              We had more yards overall and Brady had much better numbers. I know you will use the argument that you ran the ball a ton and that's why Manning's numbers were low, but he still threw the ball 36 times and managed only 150 yards with a 52% completion%. He had 4.2 yards per attempt.

In OT, neither QB did much, but for the sake of comparison:

Brady: 3/7, 35 yards, 5 yards per attempt
              Manning: 2/5, 16 yards, 3.2 yards per attempt
              Well the Pats were dropping 6-8 guys into coverage and basically begging Denver to run the ball.

Whats he supposed to do, drop back and throw it 50+ times with everyone being doubled?

Comment

I don't like Tom Brady at all, but you'd have to be blind to not respect his talent, passion and will to win. One of the best ever, in the same category as Manning in my opinion. Manning is more of a coach-on-the-field, while Brady is more of a presence-on-the-field.

For what it's worth guys, Manning does just as much whining as Brady does on the field. I want to deny that, but it's true.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Well the Pats were dropping 6-8 guys into coverage and basically begging Denver to run the ball.

Whats he supposed to do, drop back and throw it 50+ times with everyone being doubled?
                  I never said that. Taking what the D was giving him wasn't the problem. The problem was that when he did throw it, he was very ineffective for the most part. 4.2 yards per attempt is below average.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                    I never said that. Taking what the D was giving him wasn't the problem. The problem was that when he did throw it, he was very ineffective for the most part. 4.2 yards per attempt is below average.
                    Yes, the wind played a bigger factor.

Both missed throws when guys were wide open.

Brady missed a wide open Amendola early in the game, wind flew it out of bounds, as well as a few other throws.

No one will digress that Manning didnt play well.

Thought we really missed Julius this game, even though Tamme had a solid game.

Comment

Yes, the wind played a bigger factor.

Both missed throws when guys were wide open.

Brady missed a wide open Amendola early in the game, wind flew it out of bounds, as well as a few other throws.

No one will digress that Manning didnt play well.

Thought we really missed Julius this game, even though Tamme had a solid game.
                      Both missed passes but one had a 68% completion rate and 6.9 yards/attempt and the other had a 52% completion rate and 4.2 yards/attempt. Both played in the same weather.

Comment

Of course I respect Brady. I'm as close you can get without being an actual fan to being a fan of Brady.
                        He's one of the best QB's to ever play this game, he was mediocre with my Wolverines. I've always liked Brady, always hated the Patriots, but I never let my dislike for them change me being a fan of Tom.

I actually have him in my sig. I think anyone who doesn't at least respect him just has sour grapes, because I'm sure every football fan would love if he was their QB.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Those that dislike Brady don't necessarily dislike him because of him being good against their teams, but because of his attitude on the field, which is quite pathetic, to be honest. He's not a good sport, is ridiculously entitled and quick to denigrate the opposition. For me, the tipping point was his ugly attack on Marty Schottenheimer when the latter was trying to compliment the Pats.

That said, I admire Brady's work ethic and desire for success.
                          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

No...never have never will. Brady has good skills and a knack for winning...however he has quite a knack for whining, too. He is on a team that plays in a weak division and they play dirty. I do not like him and I do not like the team...period.

Comment

I have never seen Manning cuss and yell at officials like Brady does. I don't see how you can say Manning does the same thing.

Do I think Brady is a great player? Yes
                              Do I think he does it with class? Not even remotely
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

My respect for him wanes when he whines......

Comment

Working...
                                X