Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't It Be Bizarre If Rodgers Returned And Won The Division???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't It Be Bizarre If Rodgers Returned And Won The Division???

Good for Chicago for kicking Dallas last night, but D in Dallas does not spell Defense. In fact, right now, Dallas and Chicago are challenged in that regard.

Anyway....I like Rodgers, and I have been loud and clear that, had he been healthy, Green Bay would have easily won the division. They'd be around 9 and 3 s of today.

Anyway, given that Detroit is letting this thing slip away....showing their immaturity as a team, and that Chicago is only 4 and 6 in their last 10 games (including last night's win), if Rodgers did not return, along with Cobb, The Pack are right in this thing. All it would take is for the other two teams to lose one, and remember, GB plays Chicago in the final game of the year.

How bizarre would it be? How messed up that division turned out to be.

I think Rodgers when healthy is the best QB in the league, however Green Bay needs to put some more pieces around him. I don't give Green Bay a shot at the division even if Rodgers comes back & on fire. Green Bay's defense isn't that good & Chicago is coming into their own. I also still like Detroit a little bit. But Yes I think Chicago takes the division Rodgers or not.

Comment

The Packers defense is woeful in its own right I dont understand how it fell off the last couple of years

The Bears DL and LB core had two huge injuries and also losing cutler and tillman they wouldnt been able to keep up if rodgers hadnt been injured

No excuse for how bad the lions underachieve that dl can control a game and blow a team out and then turn and lose the following week to a team they was favored against

It would be bazaar to see Rodgers come back and miraculously get them back in the playoffs week to week a game of inches

The Ravens Steeler game was huge a couple weeks ago things could have been a lot different there

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        I think Rodgers when healthy is the best QB in the league, however Green Bay needs to put some more pieces around him. I don't give Green Bay a shot at the division even if Rodgers comes back & on fire. Green Bay's defense isn't that good & Chicago is coming into their own. I also still like Detroit a little bit. But Yes I think Chicago takes the division Rodgers or not.
        Disagree with you completely.

The only thing Green Bay needs to do in terms of helping Rodgers is get him an actual OL. Green Bay has the worst OL in the NFL and Rodgers is one of the most sacked QBs in the league if not the most sacked QB in the league during the time span of him starting. They don't need any wide outs, they are A okay in that area, Eddie Lacy is good and Franklin can also carry the rock when healthy, James Starks and John Kuhn shouldn't be overlooked either.

The biggest flaw for them is the defense which is kinda like Denver's in the sense that the eye test make them look worst than they are. Green Bay is banged up on defense but still manages to get turn overs. Some of their issues could be how often they are on the field since the offense with Scott and Matt have went 3 & out almost every possession.

Chicago has a terrible run defense. Good luck stopping Lacy with that crap. What makes Chicago coming into their own? Because they dropped 45 on the Cowgirls who secondary is probably the worst in the league? They just got off a 2 losing streak.

Detroit has the edge and if Rodgers can't pull the Packers out of the grave, it'll be Detroit winning the division.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

As for the question....weird things always happen in sports. It's possible, they really are one a half game back of first place. Detroit loses out or loses 2 games, with Green Bay winning out, then yes they can win the division. But it depends on if Rodgers is healthy enough to make this possible, it depends if the defense can play right for that time frame.

If there is a time to get hot, now is the time. We've seen it with the Giants that a team can come back from the dead and make it.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Disagree with you completely.

The only thing Green Bay needs to do in terms of helping Rodgers is get him an actual OL. Green Bay has the worst OL in the NFL and Rodgers is one of the most sacked QBs in the league if not the most sacked QB in the league during the time span of him starting. They don't need any wide outs, they are A okay in that area, Eddie Lacy is good and Franklin can also carry the rock when healthy, James Starks and John Kuhn shouldn't be overlooked either.

The biggest flaw for them is the defense which is kinda like Denver's in the sense that the eye test make them look worst than they are. Green Bay is banged up on defense but still manages to get turn overs. Some of their issues could be how often they are on the field since the offense with Scott and Matt have went 3 & out almost every possession.

Chicago has a terrible run defense. Good luck stopping Lacy with that crap. What makes Chicago coming into their own? Because they dropped 45 on the Cowgirls who secondary is probably the worst in the league? They just got off a 2 losing streak.

Detroit has the edge and if Rodgers can't pull the Packers out of the grave, it'll be Detroit winning the division.
            Disagree away If it makes you happy, Chicago has some issues against the run I'll give you that, but they have some serious weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Marshall, Bennett, Forte & this Jeffery is becoming a beast is he not? Green Bay has a horrid defense aside from a couple of players. Lacy is good so far & Nelson is also, but who else do they have? Does Jones show up every week? Nope. Finley has never lived up to his potential or expectations & like you said their weak link is the crap of a offensive line. So I'll go with what I said Chicago or Detroit.

Comment

I posted this topic more so because of the irony, if Rodgers were to return and pull it off, after GB basically went on vacation without him. NO DOUBT, with him The Pack are running away with the division.

Detroit is so inconsistent, and Chicago can't stop the run. And as for Chicago, it's not because of Jay going down, because McCown has played as good or better. I actually believe "better"!

Anyway....if Rodgers was ready to go, they probably run the table, which means Chicago is out, and Detroit is a big question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I posted this topic more so because of the irony, if Rodgers were to return and pull it off, after GB basically went on vacation without him. NO DOUBT, with him The Pack are running away with the division.

Detroit is so inconsistent, and Chicago can't stop the run. And as for Chicago, it's not because of Jay going down, because McCown has played as good or better. I actually believe "better"!

Anyway....if Rodgers was ready to go, they probably run the table, which means Chicago is out, and Detroit is a big question mark.
                Respectfully that is something we will never know. Green Bay has the best QB in the league (Rodgers) but this isn't the same Green Bay team that won the Super Bowl a few years ago. This Green Bay is far worse & even with Rodgers would be no threat in the NFC.

Comment

Truthfully, I do not think anybody wants to win that division. Reminds me of our division in years past. The Lions had a golden opportunity to BURY every other team in that division but let it go. If Rodgers comes back, they probably win out. THen who knows...
                  res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Good for Chicago for kicking Dallas last night, but D in Dallas does not spell Defense. In fact, right now, Dallas and Chicago are challenged in that regard.

Anyway....I like Rodgers, and I have been loud and clear that, had he been healthy, Green Bay would have easily won the division. They'd be around 9 and 3 s of today.

Anyway, given that Detroit is letting this thing slip away....showing their immaturity as a team, and that Chicago is only 4 and 6 in their last 10 games (including last night's win), if Rodgers did not return, along with Cobb, The Pack are right in this thing. All it would take is for the other two teams to lose one, and remember, GB plays Chicago in the final game of the year.

How bizarre would it be? How messed up that division turned out to be.
                    By that same what if argument........If Chicago's defense stays as healthy as they were in 2012, the Bears win this division hands down even with a healthy Rodgers in G.B.

Comment

Originally posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
                      Truthfully, I do not think anybody wants to win that division. Reminds me of our division in years past. The Lions had a golden opportunity to BURY every other team in that division but let it go. If Rodgers comes back, they probably win out. THen who knows...
                      Still think the Lions will find a way to piss this division away.

Comment

I agree it's not Jay's injury that has hurt the Bears, it's losing pro bowl players Melton, Briggs, and Tillman, plus starters in Wiliams, and Collins on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                          I agree it's not Jay's injury that has hurt the Bears, it's losing pro bowl players Melton, Briggs, and Tillman, plus starters in Wiliams, and Collins on defense.
                          Still have a hell of a offense. Jeffery is a beast to go along with Marshall your TE & Forte.

Comment

By that same what if argument........If Chicago's defense stays as healthy as they were in 2012, the Bears win this division hands down even with a healthy Rodgers in G.B.
                            Maybe......I agree that Chicago's issue is D, and relative to its injuries. But a healthy GB would still be tough to beat. Having Rodgers, Matthews (with no cast), Cobb, Finley and some of those defensive players back at full strength might be a different story all together.

Comment

I don't know if I'd say Cutler's injury is not hurting the Bears. With him in, no way you guys lose to Minnesota or St. Louis. And I think he wins all the games McCown has. McCown has put up good numbers but he seems to miss key throws, that don't get spot-lighted in post-match analyses, but are the difference makers between sustaining and killing drives. This is the sort of thing coaches pick up on, and I'm certain that's the reason Trestman can't get Cutler back on the field soon enough. Cutler makes those clutch throws that keep the chains moving, especially in comeback situations. Guys like McCown, who play it conservative (and end up with low INT and high passer ratings) lack that confidence/vision/accuracy/arm strength to do that.

I think next to Cutler, you guys are missing Briggs and DJ the most. The young linebackers might be good players one day, but right now they're really hurting your run defense.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X