Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Allen .....

Dennis Allen is reportedly on the 'hot-seat'

If JDR leaves the Broncos for another job, what would you all think about bringing Allen back here as DC? Not unlike how JMD did with the Patsies.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Of course I'd be fine with that. Dat legendary defense that took us to the playoffs even with all the offensive ineptitude.

I'm not sure he'd be as outstanding though. With Doom, possibly Champ, DJ Williams, Dawkins gone...I think he has less to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
      Of course I'd be fine with that. Dat legendary defense that took us to the playoffs even with all the offensive ineptitude.

I'm not sure he'd be as outstanding though. With Doom, possibly Champ, DJ Williams, Dawkins gone...I think he has less to work with.
      That defense was SO overrated, this has been discussed before.

They got torched vs good offenses, and made their hay off facing backup QB's.

Comment

Overrated sure, but is Dennis Allen a good DC? And did he have to win with Tebow? It's not like there's a younger Dick Lebeau walking around. If JDR leaves, I'll take him.

Comment

Allen's defense with us got torched against every not-so-inept offense we came up against. I'd rather find someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
            Overrated sure, but is Dennis Allen a good DC? And did he have to win with Tebow? It's not like there's a younger Dick Lebeau walking around. If JDR leaves, I'll take him.
            I never said i wouldnt take him.

IF JDR went elsewhere (50-50), and Rex was fired, Elway better get on the phone with him ASAP. That man can coach some defense.

Comment

I'd rather see the best defensive mind in the NFL as our coordinator next season.

Comment

So.. what would our defense look like with Rex as the DC?
                Rex prefers the 3-4 defense, i think, wich would make a depth chart look something like this:

LDE Derek Wolfe Malik Jackson
                NT Terrance Knighton Kevin Vickerson Sylvester Williams
                RDE Robert Ayers Mitch Unrein
                SLB Von Miller Lerentree McCray
                MLB Wesley Woodyard Nate Irving
                JLB Danny Trevathan Steven Johnson
                WLB Shaun Phillips Quanterus Smith
                LCB Champ Bailey Chris Harris Jr. Quentin Jammer
                RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tony Carter Kayvon Webster
                SS Duke Ihenacho David Bruton
                FS Rahim Moore Omar Bolden Michael Huff

Comment

I don't believe JDR is going anywhere. while he had a good run as the interim, his defense has been slack this season, while that may not be his fault, he is still the one that gets the heat.

As far as Allen, I do not believe he was that great of a DC. Of course he might could have become a good one in time, he was a DC for only one year. The fact that he is on the Hot Seat does not surprise me, after all Oakland can not keep coaches. They had one that swept the division and they fired him, Allen was stupid for taking the job.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coloradomedic View Post
                    I'd rather see the best defensive mind in the NFL as our coordinator next season.

Him, or the DC in Seattle, whatever his name is. If give anything to have a defense like theirs.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

There is no quick fix. It's more about the players and execution than it is about the coach. Del Rio isn't going anywhere.
                      ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                        There is no quick fix. It's more about the players and execution than it is about the coach. Del Rio isn't going anywhere.
                        Idk there can be some quick turn around for a defense. I remember that one year Mike Nolan came here we were really good. The year before and after however not so good. I wish he would have been able to stay.

Comment

Some seem to desire a return to the days of a different DC every year. To each his own. I'm a continuity guy myself.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by coloradomedic View Post

Beat me to it!
                            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

There came a point when I realized that it just might not be the DCs. For years we've had problems defending TEs and letting teams convert on 3rd and waaaayyyyyy to long. It doesn't matter who the DCs are and who the personel is, the problems stays the same. We've had 7, 8, hell i'm done keeping count on how many DCs we've had and Roland still plays 8 plus yards off of his man. A lot of times we blitz with no success. I don't know if we're cursed or what, but something isn't right.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X