X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Playoff Picture

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

NFC
    Some Interesting games coming up down the stretch. Take the NFCS for instance.

NFC East
    is messy. As bad as Dallas has been at time this season, they are 4-0 in their division. They are 1 game behind Philly. Dallas is @ Wash this week and finish with Philly at home. THAT should be a fun game and likely will decide who wins the division. Philly has the Bears this week. Big loss for Philly in Minn last week.
    I think inconfidently think Dallas will take the east

NFC North is more of a horse race. The 1st place Bears have 8 wins with both DET and GB nipping at their heels with 7 wins. Detroit is 4-1 in the division. Aaron Rodgers might be back this week which could be what decides who wins this division since the Bears have to go to Philly then have GB in the final week. Another great final reg season game most likely. BUT Detroit could watch those 2 teams beat each other up and win their final 2 games against NYG and @MINN and they could quietly walk away with the division themselves. We all knew this division was going to be a fun watch this season. I hope Rodgers comes back to make things interesting.

If Aaron Rodgers comes back this week it'll probably be GreenBay but if not I'm going to take Detroit even though they are currently in 3rd place.

NFC South -Carolina and the Saints are both 10 win teams but New Orleans has to go to Carolina this week to try and sweep the Panthers. If the Panthers win they of course split the series and go into the final week of regular season with identical records. Their conference records would also be identical going into the final week. Saints will play Tampa and CAR will play @ATL.

I'm picking Carolina GO PANTHERS!

NFC West -This really has turned into a very strong division. Seattle is the only team in the NFL with 12 wins. SF looks like they will be a WC team with 10 wins but check out Arizona. They have 9 wins with 2 games to play. One game behind SF Arizona is in this WC race. Nice job down there.

Seattle will likely be the champs here. I hope Zona can bump the niners out of wildcard contention. That Carolina win over SF could loom large

Wild Card picture

Panthers 10-4
    49ers 10-4
    Arizona! 9-5
    Packers 7-7
    Lions 7-7
    Dallas 7-7

AFC

AFC East

AFC North -Bengals control their own destiny with 9wins. Ravens (8 wins) have NewEngland and @CINN to finish out. This division is up for grabs in the same way our AFCW is. Steelers are still alive but they can only be 500 if they win out - I don't think they make it even if they do win both. So it's Bengals and Ravens race. CINN has MINN and BALT at home.

Patriots
    have @Baltimore and Buffalo at home. Buffalo always plays the Pats hard. It's possible the Pats could slide out but I have to bold the Pats at this time. Miami 2 games back has @ BUFF and NYJ at home to finish. Still unsettled in the north

AFC South -Colts clinched their division with 9 wins. That's all I have to say about this weak ass division.

Indy already clinched division (boring)Zzzzzzzzzz

AFC West -I'm really surprised Denver hasn't done more than just clinched a playoff berth(KC also has). KC is still right there -Yes KC has endured even this deep into the season. I have to tip my cap. They can still win the division. KC has to play and Denver has to play @HOU and @OAK to finish the reg season and KC has to play IND and @SD. Denver swept KC so they hold tiebreaker on KC. But that doesn't mean Denver can lose any games if KC wins out. Both teams 11 - 3.

Denver should take care of business

Gonna be fun finishing up this reg season and heading into the playoffs. Denver could meet Baltimore again in the divisional round this season - just like last season. In fact if the season ended today - Balt would go play CINN in the WC round and we'd host the winner of that game in Denver.

Even SD is mathematically still alive in the wild card chase however Miami(and Baltimore) who also has 8 wins is currently a game in front of them.

Wild Card picture

Chiefs 11-3
    Ravens 8-6
    Dolphins 8-6
    Chargers 7-7

How do Y'all see it winding up?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Wow! Thanks for the great breakdown.

The crazy thing about the NFC is that well, it is always a crazy race to the finish. Too hard to predict out of that bunch. I'd say Carolina will do well, and I thought that Detroit was looking good until the other night. Now, I'm not so sure. I think right now that Arizona is the sleeper of them all.

In the AFC, there has to be some team hiding in the grass, but who?

It is all a very intriguing picture to be sure. Lots of exciting football left to watch, but above all, go Denver!!!

Comment

Baltimore could realistically lose to both NE and Cincy, but Miami losing to both Buffalo and NY seems unlikely, which are the only hopes for SD to get in, besides having to beat KC in week 17.

Arizona has Seattle AND SF as their last 2 games. I don't see them getting in. They would also need help from the Falcons and Bucs, who are the opponents of the Saints, Panthers, and SF these last 2 games, not teams I would like to rely on.

Philly really has to collapse for the Bears and Dallas to have a chance.

I don't think GB will make it, and will basically be done if they lose to the Steelers this weekend (Who are playing very well).

The realistic fights for the last spots for me are:

Miami/Baltimore
      Chicago/Detroit
      Dallas/Philly
      sigpic

Comment

great points BFNC
        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

There is no way I want to see the Ravens in the playoffs. They always seem to pull off miracles and I still have traumatic memories.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I just don't want to see Vinovich and a few other select crews on my blacklist

I don't have a problem seeing any football teams

Personally there is no game I'd rather see in this post season than a revenge game against Baltimore

And if it happens I will guarantee a win right here and now.

Disclaimer: as long as the refs don't get in the way again
            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              I just don't want to see Vinovich and a few other select crews on my blacklist

I don't have a problem seeing any football teams

Personally there is no game I'd rather see in this post season than a revenge game against Baltimore

And if it happens I will guarantee a win right here and now.

Disclaimer: as long as the refs don't get in the way again
              If it was possible to blackball, I'd blackball him.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If I see Vinovich on our field during the playoffs I'm crying foul and conspiracy.

I hate that guy so much I can't even stand to see him officiating another team's game.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

My mind says Cinci wins out at home, but my gut says Cinci blows it as usual...... Denver should win out, there is no excuse not to beat Houston & Oakland. But that is why they play the games....

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    My mind says Cinci wins out at home, but my gut says Cinci blows it as usual...... Denver should win out, there is no excuse not to beat Houston & Oakland. But that is why they play the games....
                    Well, Oakland is a divisional game, and losing to Houston actually wouldn't be that embarrassing. They are much better than their record, and have played almost all of their games close, and have almost beaten many good teams. They are 'overdue' for a win.

As for Cinci, they don't win in the playoffs, but I'm not really sure they 'blow it'. They have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons, and the 1 they didn't they weren't even close to making it. They just lost to better Texans teams the last 2 years, and in 09 they lost to a Jets team that went to the AFCC game.

They really aren't a team that commonly blows it.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                      Well, Oakland is a divisional game, and losing to Houston actually wouldn't be that embarrassing. They are much better than their record, and have played almost all of their games close, and have almost beaten many good teams. They are 'overdue' for a win.

As for Cinci, they don't win in the playoffs, but I'm not really sure they 'blow it'. They have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons, and the 1 they didn't they weren't even close to making it. They just lost to better Texans teams the last 2 years, and in 09 they lost to a Jets team that went to the AFCC game.

They really aren't a team that commonly blows it.
                      Sure they are. They have been picked all year by the talking heads to win a playoff game & the division. What do they do in big game situations, they blow it, just like they did in the Steelers game last week. Those are the games that you have to win to take the next step. They are inconsistent at best. Winning at home is nice but in the playoffs you may have to win on the road. If Cincinnati want's my trust they need to win out & then win a playoff game. I live in Ohio I watch the Bengals & Browns every week. Cinci hasn't taken that next step & they have too much talent on that roster to be mediocre. It all falls back on Marvin Lewis if they can't get something done yet again this year....

Comment

Here's how I see it:

AFC
                        West: Broncos
                        North: Bengals
                        South: Colts (Kinda obvious though lol)
                        East: Patriots
                        WC: Chiefs and Dolphins (Baltimore finishes the season playing New England and Cincinnati. Miami has Buffalo and the Jets)

NFC:
                        West: Seahawks
                        North: Bears
                        South: Saints
                        East: Eagles
                        WC: 49ers and Panthers
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I gotta go with Philly in the east. They'll meet Dallas at the end of the season, and it's crazy how Dallas always seems to find a way to screw themselves out of a playoff birth right at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            I gotta go with Philly in the east. They'll meet Dallas at the end of the season, and it's crazy how Dallas always seems to find a way to screw themselves out of a playoff birth right at the end.
                            I don't care two nothings about Dallas but they have a horrible defense. I have heard a lot of Romo blaming in the media. I know he has choked plenty & he threw that pick at the end of the Green Bay game, but maybe if Dallas's defense wouldn't have squandered that big lead that Romo & the offense gave them. I mean why not try holding onto the lead. But yeah I agree with you I like Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              Baltimore could realistically lose to both NE and Cincy, but Miami losing to both Buffalo and NY seems unlikely, which are the only hopes for SD to get in, besides having to beat KC in week 17.

Arizona has Seattle AND SF as their last 2 games. I don't see them getting in. They would also need help from the Falcons and Bucs, who are the opponents of the Saints, Panthers, and SF these last 2 games, not teams I would like to rely on.

Philly really has to collapse for the Bears and Dallas to have a chance.

I don't think GB will make it, and will basically be done if they lose to the Steelers this weekend (Who are playing very well).

The realistic fights for the last spots for me are:

Miami/Baltimore
                              Chicago/Detroit
                              Dallas/Philly
                              Question...........Why would Philly have to collapse for the Bears to have a chance on Sun. night? Could very well be a shoot out with the Bears #32 rated run defense and Philly's banged up secondary. If it does come down to offense I would go with Chicago, the best O in the NFC.

Comment

Working...
                              X