X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Both Cutler and McCown have had career years in Trestman's system. Really hate the Cutler vs McCown stuff that is going around here, because it is real simple, Cutler is the starter and McCown is a hell of a backup. I think if you are a fan it comes down to one thing either you like Cutler or you don't, and everyone likes McCown, because it is such a feel good NFL story.

As for McCown in his last three games, he was 1-2, the loses against two lst place teams, then came Monday night against a horrible Cowboys team.
    I just think McCown is a better decision maker. Cutler has been in the league a long time and at this point it's highly questionable if that leopard will ever change his spots.

I can see why the Bears would stick with Cutler for the playoffs, but if he has a bad game against a good defense the screams will get louder. I think this offseason the Bears have a big choice to make. They would be crazy to give Cutler a mega deal to stay. He's simply just not worth it, especially with a guy like McCown. The Bears need to start investing in the defense again. A good starting place would be to find a space eater at NT. I like Paea, but he's not a NT, he should be playing the 3tech.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Both Cutler and McCown have had career years in Trestman's system. Really hate the Cutler vs McCown stuff that is going around here, because it is real simple, Cutler is the starter and McCown is a hell of a backup. I think if you are a fan it comes down to one thing either you like Cutler or you don't, and everyone likes McCown, because it is such a feel good NFL story.

As for McCown in his last three games, he was 1-2, the loses against two lst place teams, then came Monday night against a horrible Cowboys team.
    It actually comes down to money.

McCown wont command much.

While Cutler will likely seek 14-20 million a year.

Thats what it comes down too.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Fair enough, I just don't think Cutler has ever played as well as McCowen did in his last 3 starts.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Bears average 32 ppg with Cutler under center, 27 ppg with McCown. Bears are in good shape with either QB in the game, just score more a few more points with Cutler.
    Fair enough, I just don't think Cutler has ever played as well as McCowen did in his last 3 starts.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They don't have the best offense when Cutler starts. This game could get ugly if the Eagles jump to an early lead.
    Bears average 32 ppg with Cutler under center, 27 ppg with McCown. Bears are in good shape with either QB in the game, just score more a few more points with Cutler.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    On the AFC side, I will be watching to see if Baltimore, Indy and Miami win out. If that happens, the result will be: 1-Denver; 2-Indy; 3-NE; 4-Baltimore; 5-KC; 6-Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Question...........Why would Philly have to collapse for the Bears to have a chance on Sun. night? Could very well be a shoot out with the Bears #32 rated run defense and Philly's banged up secondary. If it does come down to offense I would go with Chicago, the best O in the NFC.
    They don't have the best offense when Cutler starts. This game could get ugly if the Eagles jump to an early lead.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    They really don't look that bad in most games, they just lose close a lot. They lost by 1 to KC, in OT to SEA, 3 to AZ, 3 to IND and 3 to NE.

They can upset anyone it seems especially at home, they just haven't yet.
    In the last three homes games they have lost to the Jags and Raiders.

Anyone can win on any given week but this game and the Raiders one should not cause many problems.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Yeah anything can happen in any game but that would be a choke of massive proportions. Houston look terrible.

Too many people over-react because of the SD game. Lots of teams have looked bad on Thursday night because of the short week
    They really don't look that bad in most games, they just lose close a lot. They lost by 1 to KC, in OT to SEA, 3 to AZ, 3 to IND and 3 to NE.

They can upset anyone it seems especially at home, they just haven't yet.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...os-for-week-16

NFL playoff scenarios for Week 16

2013 NFL PLAYOFF SCENARIOS FOR WEEK 16

The playoff picture
    How would your team's prospects look if the season ended today? See where each team stands in the playoff picture midway through the season. More ...

AFC

CLINCHED: Denver -- playoff spot, Indianapolis -- AFC South, Kansas City -- playoff spot
    DENVER BRONCOS

Denver clinches AFC West division and a first-round bye with:

1) DEN win + KC loss

Denver clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:

1) DEN win + KC loss + NE loss or tie

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England clinches AFC East division with:

1) NE win or tie OR

2) MIA loss or tie
    New England clinches a first-round bye with:

1) NE win + CIN loss or tie + IND loss or tie OR

2) NE tie + CIN loss + IND loss

New England clinches a playoff spot with:

1) CIN loss or tie

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati clinches AFC North division with:

1) CIN win + BAL loss or tie OR

2) CIN tie + BAL loss

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with:

1) CIN win + MIA loss or tie OR

2) CIN tie + MIA loss

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:

1) BAL win + MIA loss + SD loss or tie

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Miami clinches a playoff spot with:

1) MIA win + BAL loss + CIN loss
    NFC

CLINCHED: Seattle -- playoff spot

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seattle clinches NFC West division and home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with:

1) SEA win or tie OR

2) SF loss or tie

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

New Orleans clinches NFC South division and a first-round bye with:

1) NO win

New Orleans clinches a playoff spot with:

1) ARI loss OR

2) NO tie + SF loss or tie OR

3) NO tie + ARI tie OR

4) SF loss + ARI tie

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Carolina clinches a playoff spot with:

1) CAR win OR

2) CAR tie + ARI loss OR

3) CAR tie + SF loss OR

4) ARI loss + SF loss

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

San Francisco clinches a playoff spot with:

1) SF win OR

2) ARI loss OR

3) SF tie + ARI tie

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Philadelphia clinches NFC East division with:

1) PHI win + DAL loss or tie OR

2) PHI tie + DAL loss

CHICAGO BEARS

Chicago clinches NFC North division with:

1) CHI win + DET loss or tie + GB loss

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Its possible, anything can happen but KC isnt beating Indy and SD back to back unless both rest some players.

SD already beat them in KC, and are playing really good football right now.

Probably wont make the playoffs but they can play for pride, and Rivers is a competitor.
    Yeah anything can happen in any game but that would be a choke of massive proportions. Houston look terrible.

Too many people over-react because of the SD game. Lots of teams have looked bad on Thursday night because of the short week

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Divisions

AFC
    Denver wins the West
    Indy Wins the South obviously
    Cincinnati Wins the north
    New England win the East

Wild cards
    KC
    Miami

NFC

Seattle wins the west
    Carolina wins the South
    Philadelphia wins the East
    Chicago wins the North

Wild cards

New Orleans
    San Fransisco

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Denver lose to Houston ? Hilarious
    Its possible, anything can happen but KC isnt beating Indy and SD back to back unless both rest some players.

SD already beat them in KC, and are playing really good football right now.

Probably wont make the playoffs but they can play for pride, and Rivers is a competitor.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Denver lose to Houston ? Hilarious

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I meant their season schedule is easier than Denver's is. Playing BUF instead of NE and what not.
    But I do think they'll get the win in SD. They look good now but SD is not consistent. Indy seems not to be playing as well now that they've clinched the division, so I do think they win out.
    Colts still have a shot at a bye.

I think if its a 3-way tie with Indy/NE/Cin at 11-5, they'd get the 2 seed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X