NFL Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Question...........Why would Philly have to collapse for the Bears to have a chance on Sun. night? Could very well be a shoot out with the Bears #32 rated run defense and Philly's banged up secondary. If it does come down to offense I would go with Chicago, the best O in the NFC.
    They don't have the best offense when Cutler starts. This game could get ugly if the Eagles jump to an early lead.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

On the AFC side, I will be watching to see if Baltimore, Indy and Miami win out. If that happens, the result will be: 1-Denver; 2-Indy; 3-NE; 4-Baltimore; 5-KC; 6-Miami.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        They don't have the best offense when Cutler starts. This game could get ugly if the Eagles jump to an early lead.
        Bears average 32 ppg with Cutler under center, 27 ppg with McCown. Bears are in good shape with either QB in the game, just score more a few more points with Cutler.

Comment

Bears average 32 ppg with Cutler under center, 27 ppg with McCown. Bears are in good shape with either QB in the game, just score more a few more points with Cutler.
          Fair enough, I just don't think Cutler has ever played as well as McCowen did in his last 3 starts.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Fair enough, I just don't think Cutler has ever played as well as McCowen did in his last 3 starts.
            Both Cutler and McCown have had career years in Trestman's system. Really hate the Cutler vs McCown stuff that is going around here, because it is real simple, Cutler is the starter and McCown is a hell of a backup. I think if you are a fan it comes down to one thing either you like Cutler or you don't, and everyone likes McCown, because it is such a feel good NFL story.

As for McCown in his last three games, he was 1-2, the loses against two lst place teams, then came Monday night against a horrible Cowboys team.

Comment

Both Cutler and McCown have had career years in Trestman's system. Really hate the Cutler vs McCown stuff that is going around here, because it is real simple, Cutler is the starter and McCown is a hell of a backup. I think if you are a fan it comes down to one thing either you like Cutler or you don't, and everyone likes McCown, because it is such a feel good NFL story.

As for McCown in his last three games, he was 1-2, the loses against two lst place teams, then came Monday night against a horrible Cowboys team.
              It actually comes down to money.

McCown wont command much.

While Cutler will likely seek 14-20 million a year.

Thats what it comes down too.

Comment

I just think McCown is a better decision maker. Cutler has been in the league a long time and at this point it's highly questionable if that leopard will ever change his spots.

I can see why the Bears would stick with Cutler for the playoffs, but if he has a bad game against a good defense the screams will get louder. I think this offseason the Bears have a big choice to make. They would be crazy to give Cutler a mega deal to stay. He's simply just not worth it, especially with a guy like McCown. The Bears need to start investing in the defense again. A good starting place would be to find a space eater at NT. I like Paea, but he's not a NT, he should be playing the 3tech.
                sigpic

Comment

It shows what kind of crazy year this is. Last week if the Bengals win they are the #2 seed... they didn't and this week its possible they might not make the playoffs. Green Bay loses Rodgers and looks terrible for 6 weeks but might make the playoffs... and thats just two of the strange stories... Wacky year.
                  res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
                    It shows what kind of crazy year this is. Last week if the Bengals win they are the #2 seed... they didn't and this week its possible they might not make the playoffs. Green Bay loses Rodgers and looks terrible for 6 weeks but might make the playoffs... and thats just two of the strange stories... Wacky year.
                    But it's still also possible the Bengals get the #2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      But it's still also possible the Bengals get the #2 seed.
                      It is absolutely possible... its just crazy how the PERCEPTION changed in a 24hr period.
                      res ipsa loquitur

Comment

It is absolutely possible... its just crazy how the PERCEPTION changed in a 24hr period.
                        I'd like to see the Bengals get the #2 seed, I just want to see New England play on wild card weekend. Your right though & I'm willing to bet the perception is gonna change again in the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          I'd like to see the Bengals get the #2 seed, I just want to see New England play on wild card weekend. Your right though & I'm willing to bet the perception is gonna change again in the next two weeks.
                          Oh, that would just be so fun to have NE have to play in the WC round. By the way, just saw on the ticker that BB scraped Friday activities and took the team to the movies. Now that's different. They must be feeling stressed.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Oh, that would just be so fun to have NE have to play in the WC round. By the way, just saw on the ticker that BB scraped Friday activities and took the team to the movies. Now that's different. They must be feeling stressed.
                            I heard that this morning on ESPN, that is different. I can't stand either team in that game so I don't think I care who wins.

Comment

Right. Baltimore and Miami win out and Cincy misses the playoffs. If Indy wins out, too, in that scenario, they are two seed. KC would play at Baltimore in the Wild Card Round.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Right. Baltimore and Miami win out and Cincy misses the playoffs. If Indy wins out, too, in that scenario, they are two seed. KC would play at Baltimore in the Wild Card Round.
                                That's not entirely true, if the Bengals win this week but lose to the Ravens then yes they lose the division.

However if the Patriots lose their final game against Buffalo, then the Dolphins win the east, Bengals take the final wild card having a head to head over the Patriots & guess who is sitting home for the playoffs?

Yes it is possible the Patriots miss the playoffs, likely? perhaps not but the possibility is there & stranger things have happened this season in the NFL, heck the pats should have lost to the browns at home so anything can happen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X