X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I meant their season schedule is easier than Denver's is. Playing BUF instead of NE and what not.
    But I do think they'll get the win in SD. They look good now but SD is not consistent. Indy seems not to be playing as well now that they've clinched the division, so I do think they win out.
    Chuck Pagano said he doesn't have the philosophy of resting when locking up the division and that they will play just as they normally do. We shall see how they do. Let's go Colts.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Colts and at SD is EASY?
    I meant their season schedule is easier than Denver's is. Playing BUF instead of NE and what not.
    But I do think they'll get the win in SD. They look good now but SD is not consistent. Indy seems not to be playing as well now that they've clinched the division, so I do think they win out.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    AFC'

1 Chiefs 13 3 Easy schedule helps them get the division, despite the sweep
    2 Patriots 12 4 Win in BAL and versus Buffalo
    3 Bengals 11 5 Win their last 2 at home
    4 Colts 10 6 Lose to Chiefs, but get 4 seed anyway, division clinched
    5 Broncos 12 4 Lose upset in Houston, win versus Oakland
    6 Ravens 8 8 Despite losing out, tiebreaker gets them in over MIA who also loses out despite easier schedule.
    Colts and at SD is EASY?

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    For my playoff picture I got

NFC

1 Seahawks 14 2 1 more win and they wrap it up, 2 home games versus teams they already beat on the road
    2 Panthers 12 4 likely to win out, they get NO but at home then ATL
    3 Packers 9 6 1 Rodgers should be back by CHI game, they win it and I think they beat PIT even w/Flynn
    4 Cowboys 9 7 Cowboys finally get a playoff game, win out sweep division
    5 49ers 12 4 should win versus Atlanta and maybe lose at AZ but I think they get that win
    6 Saints 11 5 their fate was pretty much sealed with the loss @the Rams. Many people think NO is in another class but the real story is they are not very good on the road, and will likely lose to CAR, which puts CAR in the driver seat for the division

AFC'

1 Chiefs 13 3 Easy schedule helps them get the division, despite the sweep
    2 Patriots 12 4 Win in BAL and versus Buffalo
    3 Bengals 11 5 Win their last 2 at home
    4 Colts 10 6 Lose to Chiefs, but get 4 seed anyway, division clinched
    5 Broncos 12 4 Lose upset in Houston, win versus Oakland
    6 Ravens 8 8 Despite losing out, tiebreaker gets them in over MIA who also loses out despite easier schedule.

WILDCARD

Bengals over Ravens
    Colts over Broncos
    49ers over Cowboys
    Packers over Saints

DIVISIONAL

Patriots over Bengals
    Colts over Chiefs
    Seahawks over 49ers
    Panthers over Packers

CHAMPIONSHIP

Seahawks over Panthers
    Patriots over Colts

SUPERBOWL

Seahawks over Patriots

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    There were always some games at the end of the year that were relevant to playoff seeding at least, before the divisional games in week 17 started. 08 was pretty good with that, and 06. 09 wasn't so great, but the only really bad year was 07.

Week 17 you had almost every playoff team not caring about their game. I think Tennessee was the only team that even had anything to play for aside from pride and they got to play Indy resting their starters.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    The NFL has done a great job in making these late games relevant. I can remember, not so long ago, the last couple of weeks were worse than pre-season.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Question...........Why would Philly have to collapse for the Bears to have a chance on Sun. night? Could very well be a shoot out with the Bears #32 rated run defense and Philly's banged up secondary. If it does come down to offense I would go with Chicago, the best O in the NFC.
    Collapse as in lose their last two games giving a plus one game to Dallas and Chicago which will help their playoff chances.

They won like 7 straight then lost to the Vikings last week, so if they lose out , to me that's collapsing.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Baltimore could realistically lose to both NE and Cincy, but Miami losing to both Buffalo and NY seems unlikely, which are the only hopes for SD to get in, besides having to beat KC in week 17.

Arizona has Seattle AND SF as their last 2 games. I don't see them getting in. They would also need help from the Falcons and Bucs, who are the opponents of the Saints, Panthers, and SF these last 2 games, not teams I would like to rely on.

Philly really has to collapse for the Bears and Dallas to have a chance.

I don't think GB will make it, and will basically be done if they lose to the Steelers this weekend (Who are playing very well).

The realistic fights for the last spots for me are:

Miami/Baltimore
    Chicago/Detroit
    Dallas/Philly
    Question...........Why would Philly have to collapse for the Bears to have a chance on Sun. night? Could very well be a shoot out with the Bears #32 rated run defense and Philly's banged up secondary. If it does come down to offense I would go with Chicago, the best O in the NFC.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I gotta go with Philly in the east. They'll meet Dallas at the end of the season, and it's crazy how Dallas always seems to find a way to screw themselves out of a playoff birth right at the end.
    I don't care two nothings about Dallas but they have a horrible defense. I have heard a lot of Romo blaming in the media. I know he has choked plenty & he threw that pick at the end of the Green Bay game, but maybe if Dallas's defense wouldn't have squandered that big lead that Romo & the offense gave them. I mean why not try holding onto the lead. But yeah I agree with you I like Philly.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I gotta go with Philly in the east. They'll meet Dallas at the end of the season, and it's crazy how Dallas always seems to find a way to screw themselves out of a playoff birth right at the end.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Here's how I see it:

AFC
    West: Broncos
    North: Bengals
    South: Colts (Kinda obvious though lol)
    East: Patriots
    WC: Chiefs and Dolphins (Baltimore finishes the season playing New England and Cincinnati. Miami has Buffalo and the Jets)

NFC:
    West: Seahawks
    North: Bears
    South: Saints
    East: Eagles
    WC: 49ers and Panthers

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Well, Oakland is a divisional game, and losing to Houston actually wouldn't be that embarrassing. They are much better than their record, and have played almost all of their games close, and have almost beaten many good teams. They are 'overdue' for a win.

As for Cinci, they don't win in the playoffs, but I'm not really sure they 'blow it'. They have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons, and the 1 they didn't they weren't even close to making it. They just lost to better Texans teams the last 2 years, and in 09 they lost to a Jets team that went to the AFCC game.

They really aren't a team that commonly blows it.
    Sure they are. They have been picked all year by the talking heads to win a playoff game & the division. What do they do in big game situations, they blow it, just like they did in the Steelers game last week. Those are the games that you have to win to take the next step. They are inconsistent at best. Winning at home is nice but in the playoffs you may have to win on the road. If Cincinnati want's my trust they need to win out & then win a playoff game. I live in Ohio I watch the Bengals & Browns every week. Cinci hasn't taken that next step & they have too much talent on that roster to be mediocre. It all falls back on Marvin Lewis if they can't get something done yet again this year....

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    My mind says Cinci wins out at home, but my gut says Cinci blows it as usual...... Denver should win out, there is no excuse not to beat Houston & Oakland. But that is why they play the games....
    Well, Oakland is a divisional game, and losing to Houston actually wouldn't be that embarrassing. They are much better than their record, and have played almost all of their games close, and have almost beaten many good teams. They are 'overdue' for a win.

As for Cinci, they don't win in the playoffs, but I'm not really sure they 'blow it'. They have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons, and the 1 they didn't they weren't even close to making it. They just lost to better Texans teams the last 2 years, and in 09 they lost to a Jets team that went to the AFCC game.

They really aren't a team that commonly blows it.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    My mind says Cinci wins out at home, but my gut says Cinci blows it as usual...... Denver should win out, there is no excuse not to beat Houston & Oakland. But that is why they play the games....

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    If I see Vinovich on our field during the playoffs I'm crying foul and conspiracy.

I hate that guy so much I can't even stand to see him officiating another team's game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X