Russell Wilson And The Seahawks Are Very Much Human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson And The Seahawks Are Very Much Human

I think Russell Wilson is a star QB, and it's only his 2nd year! He can do it all, plus he has the football IQ and the calm to handle pretty much every situation. As for his team, The Seahawks, they are hard to bet against. They have all three areas of the game covered - O, D and Special Teams.

BUT.....the last few games are proving that they can be had. Losing 2 of their last 3 is not a good way to get prepared for the playoffs. And as for their phenom at QB, well, he's been ordinary of late. Following are his passer ratings for the last three games:

49ers - 81.9

Giants - 86.3

Cards - 49.6

You don't have to be a mathematician to estimate that his passer rating in 3 consecutive weeks is at best, ordinary. The Giants rating was fine, but the combined package was not so fine.

This team is still favoured by many, but it just goes to show that they are not guaranteed anything, and will need to display more in the next little while.

Good write up Can! Sadly it reminds me of why I lost one of my FF leagues....RW was my QB!
    sigpic

Comment

Seattle is good in all three phases of the game, but they have one glaring weakness & that is at the wide receiver position. If you shut out their run game like the Cardinals did yesterday they can be had CANDB. They just don't have playmakers at the WR position. Having said that they still have a very good shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        Seattle is good in all three phases of the game, but they have one glaring weakness & that is at the wide receiver position. If you shut out their run game like the Cardinals did yesterday they can be had CANDB. They just don't have playmakers at the WR position. Having said that they still have a very good shot.
        I disagree that they don't have playmakers at WRs. Their WRs are way underrated, they do a good job at getting open, making spectacular catches, and whenever Wilson runs around, they always find a way to get wide open for the TD or big play. I agree that if you shut down their run game you have a good shot at beating them. However, I think yesterday they lost because Wilson was under duress all game. the cardinal's D-line really got after him and that was the difference maker imo

Comment

I said last year that Russ was better than Luck and RG3 and I got soooo much crap for it. Not looking so dumb right now, but there is still a lot of time left for the debate to be decided.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            I said last year that Russ was better than Luck and RG3 and I got soooo much crap for it. Not looking so dumb right now, but there is still a lot of time left for the debate to be decided.
            Ya Luck is still better ya I said it

it will continue on...
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I think Denver v Seattle is a coin flip and depends on which team shows up for both of them. It could be a blowout either way, a shootout or a boring slog of a game by two teams that did not show up.
              sigpic

Comment

Sunday was very any given sunday esque, similar to Arizona winning in New England last year. Just one of those games that reminds us that a high chance isn't a guarantee.

Every team has a way they can get beat, but I still wouldn't bet against Seattle. Most teams won't be able to shut their run game down like that. Great defensive job by Arizona holding them to 10 despite 4 ints.

I do think this may have given a spark of hope to teams like CAR and SF though, because the mental picture of an invincibility aura around them at home has been wrecked. They may now believe they can win in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
                  I disagree that they don't have playmakers at WRs. Their WRs are way underrated, they do a good job at getting open, making spectacular catches, and whenever Wilson runs around, they always find a way to get wide open for the TD or big play. I agree that if you shut down their run game you have a good shot at beating them. However, I think yesterday they lost because Wilson was under duress all game. the cardinal's D-line really got after him and that was the difference maker imo
                  Most WR's are able to get open when a QB scrambles around & buys time. They are good blockers but average wide receivers, just look at the numbers, the offense goes through Lynch. None of their receivers can go out and dominate a game. A team that has good or decent corners like Arizona can just take Seattle's WR's out of the game. And that's part of what happened Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                  X