Brandon Stokley retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Stokley retires

"The former Broncos slot receiver has played his last game. After talking it over with Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome three weeks ago, Stokley knew he was finished playing.

Placed on season-ending injured reserve with his latest concussion, Stokley's retirement will become official when the Ravens' season ends. He no doubt could have played again next year, as dependable slot receivers are in short supply.

But Stokley is one of the few who is retiring on his terms." ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ear-nfl-career

He was sure fun to watch and had a good career.
    sigpic

Comment

To me, he'll always be the first name that comes to mind when I hear the term: slot WR
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Best wishes to Brandon, you made some big plays in your career & this is my favorite one.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post

Best wishes to Brandon, you made some big plays in your career & this is my favorite one.
          Same here
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Ah, the Holy Stokely! Will never forget it!!!! Best of luck to you Brandon.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post

I remember that game so vividly and after he caught it I took my shirt off and started running around all over my house yelling STOKLEY STOKELY STOKLEY!!!! One other catch of his ill never forget was last year vs the Chargers during our comeback win it was a beautiful 21 yard pass and catch I can't find the video on YouTube sadly but man it was such a clutch catch with the db all over him I'm gonna miss ya stokes wish you the best and enjoy your retirement

Link to that amazing catch if anyone's interested : http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-9bbc21b5df61
              Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Great player and one of my favorite Broncos - the Slot Machine!
                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                X