Wildcard Weekend Gameday Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    You might win in that scenario(though I'd bet on SFO), but I doubt they'd let you pound them. Their defense is very good, holding GB to 20 today. They went into the Super Dome and held NO to 23, when they were getting no help from their offense to limit NO's possessions. NO is lights out there, that was a great defensive effort.

Like I said though, I doubt you'll see SFO. If you guys make the SB, your probably going to see Seattle. Maybe Carolina, and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't have much faith in SFO to win in SEA.
    The 9ers just won in a hostile environment, in bad weather, they have split with Seattle this year, and Seattle can be defeated at home as the Cards proved recently (and no one had faith in them doing that either), so I like SF's chances up there better than anyone else's.

And while SF is a terrific team with great balance and a good defense, Denver's O is #1 and one of the greatest offenses in league history ( led by the GOAT QB Manning > Brees, Denver 0 > NO O) so I think they will be hard pressed to stop our scoring machine. But can Denver's D hold them to 10? Probably not.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-05-2014, 09:21 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
      Cant beleive how close GB was from blocking that FG, ball went right between his arms...if he had crossed them he would of blocked it
      I just saw that replay a while ago, and it was amazing how the ball went thru House's extended arms!! The ball must have gone thru with almost no room to spare. Boy, a near pic here and a near block there, and who knows who is going to Carolina!!

I am a Packers' fan, but I guess they used up their heroics last week, plus their D was way short of key players. I give them credit however, because they made it to the playoffs, and nearly beat the 49ers.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
        The 9ers just won in a hostile environment, in bad weather, they have split with Seattle this year, and Seattle can be defeated at home as the Cards proved recently (and no one had faith in them doing that either), so I like SF's chances up there better than anyone else's.

And while SF is a terrific team with great balance and a good defense, Denver's O is #1 and one of the greatest offenses in league history ( led by the GOAT QB Manning > Brees, Denver 0 > NO O) so I think they will be hard pressed to stop our scoring machine. But can Denver's D hold them to 10? Probably not.
        I don't want to sell the Cards win short, but that game was a BIG time bad day for Seattle, and I doubt that will happen again.

Bad weather was never my concern for SFO in SEA. Great win today, but the Packers HFA is nowhere near what the Seahawks is. SF matches up well with GB, but in SEA it has been a house of horrors. It would take a lot for SFO to win in Seattle, absolute a-game from them. In SFO they can win no problem, in SEA is different.

As for Niners-Broncos, it would depend largely on SFO's ability to limit possessions and control the clock. If they can limit DEN's possessions, they could very well win. Give Gore some 1 on 1s, so he can consistently fall forward for about 3 or more, and have a consistent run game. Getting some screens to Crabtree and big plays when they're there, and either Boldin or Davis having a good day. If they do that, they can limit possessions and score at the same time, and they can beat anyone.

However, if we see the Niners that stalled in mid season, I don't think they'd beat DEN. Their defense would put up a fight still, but their offense wouldn't do enough. However, Crabtree coming back sort of ties everything together so I think they'll play well.

As for DEN vs NO, overall your right but in their dome NO is pretty close to as efficient as DEN, if not just as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I just saw that replay a while ago, and it was amazing how the ball went thru House's extended arms!! The ball must have gone thru with almost no room to spare. Boy, a near pic here and a near block there, and who knows who is going to Carolina!!

I am a Packers' fan, but I guess they used up their heroics last week, plus their D was way short of key players. I give them credit however, because they made it to the playoffs, and nearly beat the 49ers.
          I don't think their defensive injuries hurt them much, their defense played pretty well. Injuries like the Matthews one really didn't seem to hurt them. Matthews is a great player, so it's not that they're better off without him, but their defense had some of it's best games with Matthews out, and did no better with him in versus out.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
            I don't think their defensive injuries hurt them much, their defense played pretty well. Injuries like the Matthews one really didn't seem to hurt them. Matthews is a great player, so it's not that they're better off without him, but their defense had some of it's best games with Matthews out, and did no better with him in versus out.
            I disagree......I think that's where they go in the draft, maybe even FA........a tougher Green Bay D, along with the O they have (other than perhaps a little Oline upgrade), will be powerful!! A few players and reasonable health, and they are bona fide contenders.

Comment

BTW......just read that House was offside, which essentially means that the close play was irrelevant. Had he blocked it they would have taken the penalty and re-kicked it from 5 yards closer.

Comment

I disagree......I think that's where they go in the draft, maybe even FA........a tougher Green Bay D, along with the O they have (other than perhaps a little Oline upgrade), will be powerful!! A few players and reasonable health, and they are bona fide contenders.
                Oh no doubt, they need to get their defense to the level of 09-10 and then they can be a contender in my book.

I should have been more clear. My main point was that their defense isn't any worse with the injuries. It's just simply not very good, it isn't like it's a good defense when healthy and they struggled due to injuries.

When I said they played well, I just meant in the SFO game. Their defense played fairly well in that game, at least as a bend but don't break defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

We are everywhere!!
                  NFL Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NFL

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0511262&type=1
                  Team Broncos!
                  2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

• Just saw some of the late replay of the GB/49ers game. Interesting how Kaepernick is the hero and all, and great things are being spoken about him......yet he very nearly lost the game with that poor pass that should have been intercepted with about 4 minutes to go.

Sometimes you can be good, and sometimes you can be very lucky. Don't get me wrong, the guy is gifted. But if he throws that pass one more time, it's going to be a pic, and possibly for 6.

It's done. The moral is too often that winning is what makes us special, but there's a fine line in the equation that needs to be factored in.....like a bad bounce, or in this case, a potential game-altering dropped interception.

Comment

Working...
                    X