Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bengals Owner says he wanted Kaep not Dalton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bengals Owner says he wanted Kaep not Dalton

    Wow. I don't doubt this could be true, But for the owner to come out and say that about his starting qb now doesn't boad well for Dalton and maybe not for Gruden although I think Gruden wouldnt have much problem and may leave Cinci anyway the same can't be said for Dalton. I don't know the original source but its on nfl.com. If I'm Dalton this week just got nightmarishly worse if this is true and even if the owner is thinking that him coming out and saying it in the media is a totally different thing imo. I've never been a Dalton fan as many on these boards know, but I gotta feel for him if the owner is piling it on him like this in the media and ya gotta wonder what changes Cinci will see in the off season. Anybody think maybe Vick headed there for competition. I wouldn't have said so before this but if this is true I'm rethinking it. I gotta think they will bring in more competition from one avenue or another. Good Luck Andy in Cinci

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...er-andy-dalton


    edit: I can certainly understand them wanting to make some moves at the position this offseason to bring in competition one way or the other, but to see the owner come out and say this in the media is a different thing.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 01-07-2014, 11:59 AM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  • #2
    You might want to change the thread title since Dalton plays for the Bungles, not Cleveland. Mike Brown, the owner, wants to get rid of Dalton, not the Browns owner.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
      You might want to change the thread title since Dalton plays for the Bungles, not Cleveland. Mike Brown, the owner, wants to get rid of Dalton, not the Browns owner.
      Yea but i'm sure the Browns want him now too lol
      sigpic

      2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

      Comment


      • #4
        Dalton is the new Matt Ryan, inconsistent but can put up big numbers....and doesn't win in the playoffs.

        But when he's on, he's on. If I was Andy and if this is true, I'd request a trade.

        Arizona would be interested, Cleveland might be interested, Jets could make a play if they don't think Geno will work out. Tampa could be interested, as well as Jacksonville.

        He's young and at the least can get you a winning season.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

        Comment


        • #5
          Ryan is way better than Dalton. Atlanta has yet to give an oline that's solid in pass protection or build a decent defense. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake, they've crippled the rest of their team for a luxury position that they were already pretty strong at.

          Put Ryan on that Bengals team and we're facing the Colts next week

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Ryan is way better than Dalton. Atlanta has yet to give an oline that's solid in pass protection or build a decent defense. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake, they've crippled the rest of their team for a luxury position that they were already pretty strong at.

            Put Ryan on that Bengals team and we're facing the Colts next week

            Have to agree with this way to much talent around Dalton everywhere , I think Ryan would have won a few this around him already
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              Cleveland might be interested

              He's young and at the least can get you a winning season.
              There is one answer and one answer only to that suggestion - absolutely not. No way, no how. Even if Cleveland sent a basket of French fries to Cinci, heck no.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                There is one answer and one answer only to that suggestion - absolutely not. No way, no how. Even if Cleveland sent a basket of French fries to Cinci, heck no.
                Wouldn't it be tragically hilarious, though? lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
                  Wouldn't it be tragically hilarious, though? lol
                  Since you are a Bronco fan. How much would you like Philip Rivers to replace Manning? Would you consider it hilarious? Not me. Dalton is an absolute no to me.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                  The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                    Since you are a Bronco fan. How much would you like Philip Rivers to replace Manning? Would you consider it hilarious? Not me. Dalton is an absolute no to me.
                    NOOOO I would never accept throws like a girl rivers on the broncos squad.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                      Since you are a Bronco fan. How much would you like Philip Rivers to replace Manning? Would you consider it hilarious? Not me. Dalton is an absolute no to me.
                      Dalton replacing anyone on the Browns, is an upgrade. Over Rivers replacing Peyton That post just makes me die laughing.

                      If I was a Browns fan, I'd want dalton. Actually, I'd want anyone other than Weeden, Campbell, ect. But when you have Peyton, why downgrade?
                      :salute: :goz: :salute:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                        Dalton replacing anyone on the Browns, is an upgrade. Over Rivers replacing Peyton That post just makes me die laughing.

                        If I was a Browns fan, I'd want dalton. Actually, I'd want anyone other than Weeden, Campbell, ect. But when you have Peyton, why downgrade?
                        Not interested - period.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't really understand why Dalton is getting so much hate. I can acknowledge his lack of success in the postseason but he's young- plenty of time to turn it around still. We live in such an immediate gratification world that it seems people give up prematurely rather than trying to build something.

                          Dalton is the best QB they've had since before Carson Palmer blew out his knee.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He should request a trade. That way some dumb team will give him a ludicrous contract for doing absolutely nothing for the team.

                            I mean it worked for Cutler right?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Correction it worked for Matt Flynn. I don't dislike Dalton, I think he is a decent QB, worthy of starting. The failure of the Bengals is not just on him. Marvin Jones was hella inconsistent. Gio Bernard disappeared down the stretch and AJ dropped a couple key passes in the playoff game.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X