Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VADER72
    replied
    Don't want him, I rather resign Phillips. He's earned it.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    This is purely my emotional versus football reaction. HELL NO!!. I despise that guy and would feel like I would need to take a shower after every game if he were on my team. To me, he is a vile human being. Sorry, I couldn't bear it.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I highly doubt we sign Suggs. I think Elway is going to ride Manning for "bargain deal signings". Suggs have a ring, he's not desperate for another one to the point that he'd take a massive pay cut.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Thats why I didnt mention Hardy, but there is big market for DEs. This will hurt the lot in negotiations. Denver can make the cap room, but we wont make a huge splash. That said I'd doubt if anyone other than Hardy gets splash money. Looking at it now this has to be the main concern. Ayers, Mincey, and Philips are FA. Wolfe and Von's health is a concern. We could be in a lot of trouble at the start of next season.
    I dont really disagree its our biggest need especially with Von's injury but i dont see where the cap room is coming from especially since we'll need to use some of that money to keep our own (Decker, DRC, depth signings, etc)

If they could get Michael Johnson or Houston for 4-5 million, sure but im not sure that happens.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    We dont have that type of cap room for a big-name DE.

Hardy is going to get near QB money.

Houston would be good if the price is ok but i dont see where the cap room is coming from.
    Thats why I didnt mention Hardy, but there is big market for DEs. This will hurt the lot in negotiations. Denver can make the cap room, but we wont make a huge splash. That said I'd doubt if anyone other than Hardy gets splash money. Looking at it now this has to be the main concern. Ayers, Mincey, and Philips are FA. Wolfe and Von's health is a concern. We could be in a lot of trouble at the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    A lot of talented DEs could see the market this year. I think Denver will absolutely get at least one. Ayers is set to be a FA, and Wolfe's health is a huge question mark. Denver may end up needing 2 DEs via draft or FA. I prefer to go younger with a guy like Houston, and maybe get a guy like Allen or Suggs.
    We dont have that type of cap room for a big-name DE.

Hardy is going to get near QB money.

Houston would be good if the price is ok but i dont see where the cap room is coming from.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    99% chance this does not happen. Reason being in the next 2 years, these are players that will need new deals:

- Von
    - Demaryius
    - Decker
    - DRC
    - Moreno
    - Zane
    - Julius Thomas

All of those players will command anywhere from 4-12 million per season. Guessing those players will be collectively worth around 55-60 million dollars per season; could be more. Plus, with Von getting a top of the market deal, I don't see them spending money on Suggs at the same position. If they do that they would likely sacrifice resigning DRC or Decker and Moreno.

If I had a guess, Suggs will go someplace like Oakland (complete headcase and would fit in there plus tons of money to spend) or stay in Baltimore.
    This is true, i dont think they re-sign Zane though unless he takes a cheap deal, he's regressed a ton this year.

To Suggs, if they could sign him for a cheap 1-yr deal, why not?

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    A lot of talented DEs could see the market this year. I think Denver will absolutely get at least one. Ayers is set to be a FA, and Wolfe's health is a huge question mark. Denver may end up needing 2 DEs via draft or FA. I prefer to go younger with a guy like Houston, and maybe get a guy like Allen or Suggs.

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied
    99% chance this does not happen. Reason being in the next 2 years, these are players that will need new deals:

- Von
    - Demaryius
    - Decker
    - DRC
    - Moreno
    - Zane
    - Julius Thomas

All of those players will command anywhere from 4-12 million per season. Guessing those players will be collectively worth around 55-60 million dollars per season; could be more. Plus, with Von getting a top of the market deal, I don't see them spending money on Suggs at the same position. If they do that they would likely sacrifice resigning DRC or Decker and Moreno.

If I had a guess, Suggs will go someplace like Oakland (complete headcase and would fit in there plus tons of money to spend) or stay in Baltimore.

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    It would be strange twist of fate considering what happened with Dumervil in the off-season.

Don't see it though.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    I can't see Suggs leaving Baltimore.

He might get released and then re-signed on a more cap-friendly deal if anything.

That said, we should definitely be in the market for a top tier DE this off-season so if he's out there and willing and the price is right why not?

Leave a comment:

• MillerTime39
    started a topic Ravens Are Considering Releasing Terrell Suggs

Ravens Are Considering Releasing Terrell Suggs

I know this is a long shot, but how awesome would it be if he was released, and denver managed to ink him to a not so outrageous deal? Granted Danny has done a great job this season, but could you imagine having von and suggs coming off the edges and wreaking havoc on opposing qb's?
Working...
X