Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dandaman23
    replied
    I hate the finality of it all as well. The season goes by so quickly and then the off season goes by so slowly. It is nice how they have the combine and draft and everything in between set so it doesn't seem like to much of a break but I want to see actual football. I usually play a crap ton of Madden during the off season to kind of get my fix, but it is never as good as the real thing. I also collect football cards and find myself buying way more in the off season.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    It is a little depressing when it's over, but I have my fingers in so many pies that I just switch to another of a dozen interests in the offseason.

For me it's also like the change of seasons; I have no use for winter weather (northern hemisphere) but it makes me really appreciate spring and summer when they begin and I can go camping, hiking, fishing and boating again. Same with football -I love the beginning of the new season 10X more because of the long break!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    When I look at the calendar, and count down the weeks and games left, on the road to the SB, I sometimes have a negative reaction. You see, in spite of how exciting the playoffs are, I realize that within a month, there will be no more actual NFL games until September. That sucks!!

Luckily, this is a 12 month sport, and sometimes the offseason can be very exciting. Between The Draft and Free Agency, there is much to get excited about. For me, as soon as the season ends, I immerse myself into the draft class, while studying up on the FA market. The NFL has that year round appeal, and they know how to bring it, even when no games are being played. The fact that the draft can produce quality performers in year one, unlike most sports, is such a drawing card. For example, in the NHL it is unlikely that even 10 players make an impact in their first year. Most go back to where they came, or to the AHL, to get groomed. No so for The NFL......where stars can emerge in their rookie seasons, even from well beyond round one in the draft.

So it is an interesting dilemma that shapes up. On one hand, with The Broncos in the mix, I can't wait and hope to see us on the field on February 2nd. On the other, I do not like the thought of fewer and fewer games.......until their is only one.......and then it's over.

Thank goodness for active offseasons.
    I'm with you CAN. During football season I have ready-made plans every Sunday and Monday night and sometimes on Thursday evenings. When the season is over my first thought is, now what?

That "now what" feeling doesn't last too long because I realize I can once again engage in activities that I've stopped doing all season long, you know like going on hikes, going skiing, and meeting up with friends who don't like football. But there certainly is a void because I just LOVE football.

This season feels like it's flown by, hasn't it? And the longer our team can extend it the better.

Here's to a magical, amazing, incredible season and hoping it ends with Pat Bowlen hoisting the Lombardi. We've waited long enough!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    started a topic There's One Thing I Dislike About The Playoffs

There's One Thing I Dislike About The Playoffs

When I look at the calendar, and count down the weeks and games left, on the road to the SB, I sometimes have a negative reaction. You see, in spite of how exciting the playoffs are, I realize that within a month, there will be no more actual NFL games until September. That sucks!!

Luckily, this is a 12 month sport, and sometimes the offseason can be very exciting. Between The Draft and Free Agency, there is much to get excited about. For me, as soon as the season ends, I immerse myself into the draft class, while studying up on the FA market. The NFL has that year round appeal, and they know how to bring it, even when no games are being played. The fact that the draft can produce quality performers in year one, unlike most sports, is such a drawing card. For example, in the NHL it is unlikely that even 10 players make an impact in their first year. Most go back to where they came, or to the AHL, to get groomed. No so for The NFL......where stars can emerge in their rookie seasons, even from well beyond round one in the draft.

So it is an interesting dilemma that shapes up. On one hand, with The Broncos in the mix, I can't wait and hope to see us on the field on February 2nd. On the other, I do not like the thought of fewer and fewer games.......until their is only one.......and then it's over.

Thank goodness for active offseasons.
Working...
X