Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am starting to think WR should have an INT stat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am starting to think WR should have an INT stat.

After watching the Greenbay-Jackson game where the ball was taken away in the endzone I am starting to think a INT stat should be added to recievers. Farve threw a perfect throw and the WR had it, but one of the guys covering managed to strip the ball. Farve shouldn't have gotten that INT on his record he couldn't throw it any better, no man could.
    Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 12-23-2004, 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
    After watching the Greenbay-Jackson game where the ball was taken away in the endzone I am starting to think a INT stat should be added to recievers. FArve threw a perfect throw and the WR had it, but one of the guys covering managed to stripe the ball. Farve shouldn't have gotten that INT on his record he couldn't throw it any better no man could.

I agree. Than half of Jake's INTs would be taken away too.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Like tips off the receivers hand.

Comment

why? who cares about stats.

when shanny is deciding whether or not jake is the future he won't look at stats.

Comment

You could put a high thrown pass on the QB, but I mean there are times where the QB can't throw it any better and yet the WR is the reason why the INT happened.
          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

After watching the Greenbay-Jackson game where the ball was taken away in the endzone I am starting to think a INT stat should be added to recievers. Farve threw a perfect throw and the WR had it, but one of the guys covering managed to strip the ball. Farve shouldn't have gotten that INT on his record he couldn't throw it any better, no man could.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Maybe they should give that receiver an Error like in baseball.

Comment

I could not agree more. I think a WR should get something if he was involved in the INT somehow... I mean the pass that Farve threw was amazing, but down the line, it will count as an INT... same with Jake, there have been so many of his passes that have gone as INT's cause of the WR's...

But down the line, the QB gets blamed for them... and thats unfair!

Comment

How many times have you seen this:

QB throws a perfect pass to a receiver, but receiver doesn't correctly turn into/out of the catch mishandles the ball, juggles it once, twice, three times into the hands of the approaching DB. Interception. Or, the ball goes right to WR, goes through his hands, gets tipped up and is caught by a DB. Another interception. Finally, QB throws a perfect pass, it gets cought but receiver loses focus and gets stripped. Again, interception.

I think the league should reconsider its stat keeping and call every pass play in which the intended receiver had a two-hand contact with the ball prior to the defender touching it (the ball) a fumble by the receiver rather then interception by a quarterback.

Comment

That does make a whole lot of sense...

QBs would get a lot less flak for things...

And perhaps WRs would step it up a bit...but then maybe QBs would slack off?

Never-the-less, a lot of INTs are NOT the QBs falt.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Siconik
                    I think the league should reconsider its stat keeping and call every pass play in which the intended receiver had a two-hand contact with the ball prior to the defender touching it (the ball) a fumble by the receiver rather then interception by a quarterback.
                    I totally agree with that. I like how you said it would be a fumble, and especially the part about the "Two hand contact". Definitely how they should handle those.... BUT, I cannot agree with the other guys about tipped balls. If the recivier tips it off his fingertips into a DB's hands, INT for the QB. He should've thrown it better, and if it's in super-tight coverage, and that's the only way to catch it, the QB shouldn't have forced the ball to the reciever.

Comment

This is essentially an epidemic.

ANOTHER thread that has nothing to do with the Orange and Blue.

Crazy.
                      Originally posted by boltzpride619
                      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

look at all the times James Thrash and Todd Pinkstons have caused ints.

And what about when the WR slips at the end of there rout and causes an Int
                        Eagles own u

Comment

Nice sig MileHighGuy!

The whole "not the Qbs fault stat" isn't exactley new, people I know have been saying that stat to be kept for years. It's just another of those stupid things the NFL does.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X