All things Sherman, Richard; post it here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things Sherman, Richard; post it here

Richard Sherman had his meltdown in front of millions after the NFC championship. I see on Facebook dozens and dozens of people are LIGHTING up his fanpage with all sorts of smack. While I admit he is an elite corner, I feel all his trash talk will only help the Broncos! I will be glued to First Take during the upcoming week to see how Bayless handles this guy. They have had public run-ins and I suspect Bayless will say something to fuel this situation that has already gone VIRAL. Thoughts?

104.3 the fan is talking about that right now. One fan said it wasn't any different than Brady cussing out the refs after the no call pass interference, or when Manning said, "Whoever wrote that can stick it where the sun don't shine.

They're still talking about it, good source if you want your football/broncos fix:

Comment

Twitter reaction is priceless!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-postgame-rant

Comment

Let him keep talking trash

Comment

He's a great corner, but his mouth and behavior is truly awful at times. He may back it up, but there is no excuse for the behavior he exhibited. As a teacher and coach (I live in WA state) what is that teaching student athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGhost View Post
            Richard Sherman had his meltdown in front of millions after the NFC championship. I see on Facebook dozens and dozens of people are LIGHTING up his fanpage with all sorts of smack. While I admit he is an elite corner, I feel all his trash talk will only help the Broncos! I will be glued to First Take during the upcoming week to see how Bayless handles this guy. They have had public run-ins and I suspect Bayless will say something to fuel this situation that has already gone VIRAL. Thoughts?
            My thought is that I hope Peyton drops 4 TDs on him and wins his second SB. (Colts fan).

Comment

He's certainly top 5. I don't know about the best. I happen to think Joe Haden is better.

Problem is (as we know first hand) the CB corp, is only as good as the weakest member. We had the best for many years and got exposed by our weakness at other corner positions.

I feel Seattle may be in the same situation

Comment

Whats up with Seattle fans throwing garbage on an inured player? Who does this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZoD1...BY&app=desktop

Comment

Sherman is best CB in the NFL as munch as I hate to admit it. But that doesn't mean I respect the guy, he is nothing but a pathetic, classless thug. Point blank. What he did in that interview was shameful and disgraceful. Erin Andrews looked legitimately scared during the interview while little terrified at least to me anyway...
                  sigpic

Comment

I wanna watch nfl network to continue to enjoy the Bronco win but that darn byte is the talk of the day..........

I'm so sick of seeing that soundbyte of Sherman completely showing his ass. This isn't about his talent on the field.

lame ...

Sherman's meltdown is the type of behavior that has vets advise neutering of our pets.

Everyone is making excuses for him too. "He just came off the field" - "what do you expect?" Denver fans have come to expect a certain level of professionalism and humility. Starts at the top and trickles down. You wouldn't see Champ acting like that
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 01-20-2014, 02:11 PM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Richard Sherman is going to get man handled by DT & I can't wait......

Comment

Just wait until media day next Tuesday. I expect him to go full Ray Buchanan and wear a dog collar or something more extreme.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                          Just wait until media day next Tuesday. I expect him to go full Ray Buchanan and wear a dog collar or something more extreme.
                          no doubt man

I hope our braintrust there in Dove Valley prepares DT for the pressure the media is going to apply on DT. It will only be pressure if HE lets it be - but the media is going to ask him questions like...

Is Richard Sherman the best CB in the league?

or

A lot of people think Sherman is going to shut you down, what do you have to say?

He just needs to be prepared for that - I'm not worried about his play on the field, just don't allow the media to stir up some kind of crap where it turns into a mind trap for DT.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                            He's a great corner, but his mouth and behavior is truly awful at times. He may back it up, but there is no excuse for the behavior he exhibited. As a teacher and coach (I live in WA state) what is that teaching student athletes?
                            Get rich and not give a damn.

Comment

This changed my mind about Sherman...

When I first saw the Post game intreview with Sherman...I , like many of you thought he was over the top - classless.

But after reading this article he wrote on the subject..I can see why he came off as he did.

I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

To those who called me a thug or worse:

What a night, and what a finish.

Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”
                              Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.

But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you’ll see from me. It’s sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it.

One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.
                              So here we are, in the Super Bowl. New York-bound. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 18 games, there’s nothing left to say. We have the right mindset, and nothing can change that. We’ve treated every week like a championship opportunity and we’ll obviously continue to think that way. We deserve to be here. We didn’t sneak into the Super Bowl; we earned our way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.

The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.

It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.
                              Last edited by Peanut; 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM. Reason: Formatted the story to a more readable version

Comment

Working...
                              X