NE: Revis & Browner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE: Revis & Browner

We have made some quality moves this offseason, on paper at least. I'm curious what you all think about NE's attempt to counter at CB adding Revis & Browner? With those additions, their coverage at the corners is looking tough at the moment.

Secondly, this fortifies our quest for a strong running attack.

Thoughts?

I was pretty annoyed. With corners like that, Belichick can be much more creative with his pass rush/other schemes. Unless we do things differently on Offense, I think this means trouble for Manning and Co.
    sigpic

Comment

We have the better pass rushers, I expect our secondary to make more plays

Comment

Gotta say I wasn't real happy when I heard this, they definitely improved there. Still think we have better front and O and ST so not really worried but definitely won't be overlooking them.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Elway and Co. understand the value of CB.

Given the fact that Elway never attempted to sign
          CB B Browner tells me that CB B Browner is not the
          CB that New England thinks he is.

Plus a four game suspension is kind of a big deal.

Comment

The fact that Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington will be our 3rd 4th and 5th corners gives me goose bumps. I agree with the thought that it gives BB the opportunity to blitz more and come up with crazy cover schemes.

Dennard and Ryan would be #2 corners on almost every team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
              The fact that Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington will be our 3rd 4th and 5th corners gives me goose bumps. I agree with the thought that it gives BB the opportunity to blitz more and come up with crazy cover schemes.

You really think Browner will be your #2 CB?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                You really think Browner will be your #2 CB?
                Why wouldn't he be?

Comment

They'll be in the doghouse, no?

Highly doubt they'll be playing 4 CB's with 2 safeties.

Audible run all day.

One of them will have little to no playing time once Browner is off suspension.
                  Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Already laid my thoughts on it.

Revis is an upgrade over Talib but nothing massive.

Browner is a waste of cap room given he's not even better than Dennard/Ryan/Arrington.

:2cents:

Comment

I am not saying they will play 4 corners, but having 4 solid corners allows is critical for depth.

Browner is on a very reasonable deal. I do believe he is an upgrade because he brings size and physicality to the defense. He is great in press coverage because of his size; if he gets a jam on a receiver it is extremely hard for them to get off the line because of Browner's size/strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Already laid my thoughts on it.

Revis is an upgrade over Talib but nothing massive.

Browner is a waste of cap room given he's not even better than Dennard/Ryan/Arrington.

:2cents:
                        I also think you are underrating Browner... he is just two years removed from leading the league is Pass Defenses. He was Seattle's best corner in 2011 with 23 PDs and 6 Ints (2 of which were pick 6s). And at 29, he is hardly washed up. Corners can usually play at a high level until 33-34.

Comment

I also think you are underrating Browner... he is just two years removed from leading the league is Pass Defenses. He was Seattle's best corner in 2011 with 23 PDs and 6 Ints (2 of which were pick 6s). And at 29, he is hardly washed up. Corners can usually play at a high level until 33-34.
                          This is from this year, albeit limited playing time due to injury/suspension, take it for what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            This is from this year, albeit limited playing time due to injury/suspension, take it for what you will.

Looks like there's just certain routes you can run that he struggles with. See in routes, comebacks, post routes etc... These numbers might not be a totally accurate description of Browner because it's not a very big test pool (less than 50 attempts)but I'm sure a couple of them would hold strong

Comment

I can def see revis and bb butting heads. I dont see really anything that puts them better than last year. it will be interesting if we play each other this year....what will bill call talib? oh you know that defensive back....
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X