X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Revis has never had problems with coaching... by all accounts he is a great teammate. I don't really see what makes you think that.
    You're right, Revis has never had a problem with coaching, only his contract.

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    I can def see revis and bb butting heads. I dont see really anything that puts them better than last year. it will be interesting if we play each other this year....what will bill call talib? oh you know that defensive back....
    Revis has never had problems with coaching... by all accounts he is a great teammate. I don't really see what makes you think that.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    I can def see revis and bb butting heads. I dont see really anything that puts them better than last year. it will be interesting if we play each other this year....what will bill call talib? oh you know that defensive back....

Leave a comment:

• TheMoth
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    This is from this year, albeit limited playing time due to injury/suspension, take it for what you will.

Looks like there's just certain routes you can run that he struggles with. See in routes, comebacks, post routes etc... These numbers might not be a totally accurate description of Browner because it's not a very big test pool (less than 50 attempts)but I'm sure a couple of them would hold strong

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I also think you are underrating Browner... he is just two years removed from leading the league is Pass Defenses. He was Seattle's best corner in 2011 with 23 PDs and 6 Ints (2 of which were pick 6s). And at 29, he is hardly washed up. Corners can usually play at a high level until 33-34.
    This is from this year, albeit limited playing time due to injury/suspension, take it for what you will.

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Already laid my thoughts on it.

Revis is an upgrade over Talib but nothing massive.

Browner is a waste of cap room given he's not even better than Dennard/Ryan/Arrington.

:2cents:
    I also think you are underrating Browner... he is just two years removed from leading the league is Pass Defenses. He was Seattle's best corner in 2011 with 23 PDs and 6 Ints (2 of which were pick 6s). And at 29, he is hardly washed up. Corners can usually play at a high level until 33-34.

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied
    I am not saying they will play 4 corners, but having 4 solid corners allows is critical for depth.

Browner is on a very reasonable deal. I do believe he is an upgrade because he brings size and physicality to the defense. He is great in press coverage because of his size; if he gets a jam on a receiver it is extremely hard for them to get off the line because of Browner's size/strength.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Already laid my thoughts on it.

Revis is an upgrade over Talib but nothing massive.

Browner is a waste of cap room given he's not even better than Dennard/Ryan/Arrington.

:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    The fact that Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington will be our 3rd 4th and 5th corners gives me goose bumps. I agree with the thought that it gives BB the opportunity to blitz more and come up with crazy cover schemes.

Dennard and Ryan would be #2 corners on almost every team in the league.
    They'll be in the doghouse, no?

Highly doubt they'll be playing 4 CB's with 2 safeties.

Audible run all day.

One of them will have little to no playing time once Browner is off suspension.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied
    Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    You really think Browner will be your #2 CB?
    Why wouldn't he be?

Leave a comment:

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    The fact that Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington will be our 3rd 4th and 5th corners gives me goose bumps. I agree with the thought that it gives BB the opportunity to blitz more and come up with crazy cover schemes.

You really think Browner will be your #2 CB?

Leave a comment:

• bgpatsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Elway and Co. understand the value of CB.

Given the fact that Elway never attempted to sign
    CB B Browner tells me that CB B Browner is not the
    CB that New England thinks he is.

Plus a four game suspension is kind of a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Gotta say I wasn't real happy when I heard this, they definitely improved there. Still think we have better front and O and ST so not really worried but definitely won't be overlooking them.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    We have the better pass rushers, I expect our secondary to make more plays

Leave a comment:

Working...
X