What if---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if---

I have searched these forums and the internet but have not found a clean proper answer. being Canadian my main sport is Rugby but I am a big Broncos fan. Having not played football (would have had to apply to move schools/ districts) some of the lesser known rules are simply just not known to me.

My Question:

in the SB what would the call have been if Moreno had batted the ball out of the end-zone instead of recovering it? Is there a scenario there where this play would not have been a safety (other than if Seattle recovered the ball)?

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    I have searched these forums and the internet but have not found a clean proper answer. being Canadian my main sport is Rugby but I am a big Broncos fan. Having not played football (would have had to apply to move schools/ districts) some of the lesser known rules are simply just not known to me.

My Question:

in the SB what would the call have been if Moreno had batted the ball out of the end-zone instead of recovering it? Is there a scenario there where this play would not have been a safety (other than if Seattle recovered the ball)?
    It would still be a safety. The only way I could see it not ending in a safety is if Seattle recovered it which then would have been 7 for them or if Moreno some how managed to scoop it up and get outside the tackle box and heave it past the line of scrimmage which would have been next to impossible.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

I guess someone could have recovered the ball and thrown it at least as far as LOS in which cases it could have been caught for a reception or an interception or fallen incomplete. Moreno did the right thing. Batting it OOB still a Safety.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

As he was going after it I was yelling bat it out of bounds, give them 2 points, much better then the alternative.I don't think he had time enough to do anything other than bat it out or pick it up and try and run. Trying to pick it up imo was too risky with the defenders on his butt. 2 points at that point in the game was the best outcome we could have hoped for once the ball was snapped into the endzone. Moreno did the smart thing
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
        X