Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClain Done/Again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...it-quits-again

This guy is a joke in the nfl to me. He unretires then when he cant make it through one work out he quits again and says follow your heart. Reely. If he had heart in the nfl he couldve made it through 1 workout. I don't think having heart was the problem.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Guy's a bum.

Comment

WHat a joke this guy turned out to be. Got some cash and called it quits.

So glad we didn't draft him, and I was so mad the Raiders did at time, haha
      sigpic

Comment

What a waste. Couldn't have even bothered getting in shape and giving his career a legitimate shot. How can you say your heart isn't in it when you never gave it a chance?

Hope he figures it out, but seems like a pretty lazy excuse to me.

Comment

Maybe he can go find Jamarcus and together they can hang out, spend their Raiders money and drink some "purple drank" Talk about good times wasting Raiders high draft picks and money......

Good times.
          sigpic

Comment

He was so good in college too.

Oh well.

Comment

If you want to see some poor draft choices, just look at what Oakland has done in the first round for the last ten years. They're all busts. Gallery and McFadden are the only players one could argue aren't busts, but I'm not one of those people.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                Guy's a bum.
                I wouldn't exactly call him a bum. I honestly would have no problem with someone walking away from the NFL because they felt as though they did not want to play. In fact, he was arrested three times while with the Raiders, but today marks the one-year anniversary of his last run-in with the law. Therefore he does seem to have patched part of his life together. My main issue is with the drama that came with his attempted return to the NFL. McClain un-retired, claimed that he was in the best shape of his life, scheduled a workout at Ravens HQs, showed up late, did a crap job, and finally retired again. That was a complete waste of everybody's time, including his own.

Comment

Originally posted by display name View Post
                  McClain un-retired, claimed that he was in the best shape of his life, scheduled a workout at Ravens HQs, showed up late, did a crap job, and finally retired again. That was a complete waste of everybody's time, including his own.
                  Which is why he's a bum. Always was. Just another Alabama player who didn't live up to expectations in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                    Which is why he's a bum. Always was. Just another Alabama player who didn't live up to expectations in the NFL.
                    I still don't think it's right to call him a bum. He could end up doing other great things with his life. I'm just not impressed with this fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by display name View Post
                      I still don't think it's right to call him a bum. He could end up doing other great things with his life. I'm just not impressed with this fiasco.
                      How about a football bum?
                      sigpic

Comment

Also he was tardy as big or small, working under John Harbaugh. That is a no-no. Guy has really worn out his welcome with the coaches and the players. Need to get rid of him. But how much would the Ravens recover in money wise? Heard they spent pretty good money on a waste like him.
                        Ready for October Falls

Comment

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
                          Also he was tardy as big or small, working under John Harbaugh. That is a no-no. Guy has really worn out his welcome with the coaches and the players. Need to get rid of him. But how much would the Ravens recover in money wise? Heard they spent pretty good money on a waste like him.

I might be wrong but I think they only gave him league minimum 700000 and while thats nothing to squak at for us, its not much for an nfl team.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            I might be wrong but I think they only gave him league minimum 700000 and while thats nothing to squak at for us, its not much for an nfl team.
                            He was on the reserve/retired list last season so my guess is the Ravens don't owe him a dime. Maybe he got a small signing bonus last offseason, but thats about it.

Comment

I wish I had some extreme physical gifts and talents to blow, what a dope...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X