Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen said he is retiring after suffering on-field stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen said he is retiring after suffering on-field stroke

- Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen said he is retiring after suffering on-field stroke -

"If you were armed with the knowledge that an NFL player suffered a stroke on the field because of a hit, you'd figure it would be apparent what happened when you saw the replay. MMQB.com reported that Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen suffered a stroke on the field and is retiring as a result, and the frightening part is the hit in question looks like any other NFL play.

If a hit caused a dead spot on an NFL player's brain, as it did with Allen, it should be clear, right? The kind of hit that looked like it resulted in a bad concussion but turned out to be much worse." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...172422209.html

I'm glad for him and his family it wasn't worse and that he made the choice he felt best for them. I hope other athletes take his message seriously, to help protect themselves from a similar fate.

I can only wish him and his family much success in life, and health.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
    X