Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    I was wondering in what way Manning would be a role model for him, and he gave a very good answer. I like that attitude he has, to try and be great for as long as possible. I hope that he or someone else does end up playing RB past 37, which I believe is the oldest RB ever in the NFL(Marcus Allen). I'd like to see long careers, and it's definitely possible.

One thing is bone health, some guys can still play but can't take the beatings on their bones anymore when they're older. Charles, get a lot of vitamin D and calcium buddy. Milk, orange juice and walks in the sun lol. Then, there is playing style. He relies a lot on quickness in his game, and that will go away some when he is past his prime. As your more experienced, you learn more, and he'll have to figure out ways to still run well despite the loss of some quickness and speed, making up for it in mental game and 'field skills'.

It would be interesting to see some research done on ways to potentially lengthen how long a player can still play. The loss of the every down back may help this, with there being less wear and tear on players if they are involved in a rotation. It is also good to learn to shield your body from as much punishment when you run, and Charles actually does that very well.

I'm pulling for him, I'm all for this.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs’ Jamaal Charles chooses an interesting role model: Peyton Manning

- Chiefs’ Jamaal Charles chooses an interesting role model: Peyton Manning -

"Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles is coming off another brilliant season in which he led the NFL with 19 touchdowns and ranked second in yards from scrimmage with 1,980.

So whom does he want to emulate this season? Running backs like Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson or Philadelphia’s LeSean McCoy or Marshawn Lynch of Seattle?

Nope. Denver quarterback Peyton Manning." ...

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/24...s-chooses.html
Working...
X