Lions are open to trading Suh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions are open to trading Suh

I know we'd never be able to afford him long haul.. but that would be amazing to have Suh on the interior line with Von and Ware. There wouldn't be an O-line in the league that could block us..

I'd trade Talib for him.. lol (that'd never happen).

Any chance of Elway making a trade happen?

His contract is beyond ridiculous
    2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Comment

Are you speculating here?
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by uknflfan View Post
        His contract is beyond ridiculous
        I think he has like a 20m+ cap hit this year

Comment

Uhm no. It says on NFL.com that they are considering trading him.

The Detroit Lions are apparently doing their due diligence on a possible Ndamukong Suh trade.

The Lions have conversed with other teams about trading Suh, Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reported Friday.
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-ndamukong-suh

Comment

The report I saw said they would be open to trading him if they can't get a long term deal done. Hard to guess his trade value because of his massive contract... not only could Denver not afford him long term; they can't afford him short term as he has a cap hit of 22 million and I think is owed another 6 or so

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
              The report I saw said they would be open to trading him if they can't get a long term deal done. Hard to guess his trade value because of his massive contract... not only could Denver not afford him long term; they can't afford him short term as he has a cap hit of 22 million and I think is owed another 6 or so
              We can afford him long term, we're going to have a lot of cap room in the upcoming seasons. It'd have to be a sign and trade and he'd be taking a significant pay cut this year so we can have room for him.

It's a moot point, he's not going anywhere. The lions are going to want a kings ransom for him and we don't operate like that

Comment

Not many teams will be able to take on that cap hit this kate in the game.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

No, there is this thing called a salary cap.

If they wanted, they could find a way but he would cost at least a 1 and then some i'd presume.

His play has dipped in the past couple years though.

Comment

Don't like his attitude. Add his cap number and steadily declining production the last couple years, plus what you gotta give up to get him? No.
                    Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Raiders could afford him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Raiders could afford him.
                        Rumor is they want Watkins, Suh and high pick for the #5?

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          I think he has like a 20m+ cap hit this year
                          I think 9.7M of that is prorated signing bonus. Does the bonus transfer over in a trade? His base salary is only 12.5, which is still pretty hefty.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Rumor is they want Watkins, Suh and high pick for the #5?
                            they could do that but I don't know if Watkins will be there at 5.
                            sigpic

Comment

They should be. Suh is one of the most over-rated players in the NFL, and like Albert Haynesworth, (who a lot of you pined for as well) only care's about getting paid.

Suh is a huge 'me' guy that has already shown repeatedly he is not a team guy (as he refuses to show team leadership and routinely blows off offseason workouts) but will command a ridiculous contract. His play has declined in each of the last three years, and of course has his temper problems to top it all off.

Pass on this headcase, over-rated d bag

Comment

Working...
                              X