Sherman now paid as the top CB in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherman now paid as the top CB in the NFL

Sherman announces his extension is for four years and is worth $57.4 million with $40 million guaranteed

Per NFL.com

He's definitely a top tier CB.

It will be interesting to watch Seattle manage this team when more of the big contracts become a reality (ie. Russell Wilson).

Comment

As long as we keep drafting well in the middle and later rounds, we'll be fine. Easier said than done, of course. However, regardless of all that, I'm SO HAPPY! Sherman's my favorite player.

GO HAWKS!
      Seahawks fan.

Comment

Sherman is a great player but no way is he worth $57.4 million in my opinion. No offense but that's franchise QB type money.
        Last edited by Chillez; 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          Sherman is a great player but no way is he worth $57.4 million in my opinion. No offense but that's franchise QB type money.
          It would be great if they had to let Russell Wilson go...

Elway makes another great off season acquisition...

Comment

You're right, instead of $14m/year for Sherman, we could pay $20m/year for Peyton Manning and get blown out in the Super Bowl for that kind of dough.

Come on, man. Lol. Also, that is not franchise QB money; not unless you have a rather loose definition of "franchise".

Sam Bradford is making $14.02m in 2014. Yeah, gee, I'm sure they're of comparable value.
            Seahawks fan.

Comment

No way on earth Sherman is worth that much!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
                You're right, instead of $14m/year for Sherman, we could pay $20m/year for Peyton Manning and get blown out in the Super Bowl for that kind of dough.

Come on, man. Lol. Also, that is not franchise QB money; not unless you have a rather loose definition of "franchise".

Sam Bradford is making $14.02m in 2014. Yeah, gee, I'm sure they're of comparable value.
                No need to turn this into talking smack Seachicken fan. Okay, let me reword that elite QB money ala top 10. This was bad move for Seattle they overpaid for Sherman. I can't for Hawks to lose more key defensive players and with Wilson new contract coming up will only handicap their salary cap even more. I predict Wilson will be exposed (3-4) years for being the average QB he is in time without the great defensive help behind him.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought all these Seahawk players were going to be taking "home town discounts". Golden Tate left for more money, Bennett got a nice contract and now Sherman and Thomas are the highest paid at their respective positions. By next offseason the Seahawks will have roughly 45 million invested annually in 3 players. I think Sherman and Thomas both deserve the contracts they got, but this just means the Seahawks will need to continue drafting well or things could get ugly.
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Now to wait for them to ink Wilson and go the Ravens route and see the rest of their talent leave
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I predict Wilson will be exposed (3-4) years for being the average QB he is in time without the great defensive help behind him.
                      This would be a lot more accurate if you replaced the word "predict" with "hope".
                      Seahawks fan.

Comment

Patrick Peterson wants to get paid bigtime. I wonder if Az ends up having a problem with that and if PP holds out - what if they release him?

Are the Broncos in any kind of position to pick him up? That would be un be leev able. It'd be so awesome that I doubt it would even be in the realm of possibility

But I don't know the details of cap etc
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                        X