Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthers Greg Hardy Arrested for Assaulting his Partner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Panthers Greg Hardy Arrested for Assaulting his Partner

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...lt-on-a-female

    And here we go again. It just never seems to stop.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  • #2
    It is poor but you have to remember that there are currently around 3000 players who will be in TC battling to make the final roster. 1696 if you want to go with the current top 53 of each team and the more well known players.

    So say we here about ten getting in trouble in an off-season, thats a pretty low %. Especially when most of the time it is for offences like DUI's and family arguments.

    Just think its made to sound worse then it is. Thousands of these players do charity work but these % are more interesting stories so will hit the news

    Comment


    • #3
      Aw, jeez. We should just start a thread for this kind of crap from the players.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        It is poor but you have to remember that there are currently around 3000 players who will be in TC battling to make the final roster. 1696 if you want to go with the current top 53 of each team and the more well known players.

        So say we here about ten getting in trouble in an off-season, thats a pretty low %. Especially when most of the time it is for offences like DUI's and family arguments.

        Just think its made to sound worse then it is. Thousands of these players do charity work but these % are more interesting stories so will hit the news
        Um, I'm not referring to the actual number or percentage of players out of the total of all NFL players getting into trouble.

        I'm referring to the fact that once again we have another player perpetuating violence against women. I don't care if you consider it a low percentage. One woman getting assaulted is too much and I for one am sick of it.
        Last edited by broncoslover115; 05-13-2014, 04:56 PM.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ew-me-on-couch.

          Yikes, he sounds like a real charmer. Scary dude!
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #6
            Guess we'll see how this whole thing plays out as well. Misdemeanor assault, probably won't lead to jail time.

            Comment


            • #7
              - Greg Hardy released from jail -

              "Carolina Panthers star Greg Hardy was released from jail Wednesday following a domestic violence charge in a case in which both he and his girlfriend claim the other was the aggressor.

              Mecklenburg County District Judge Rebecca Thorne Tin released Hardy on a bond set at $15,000 for assault and $2,000 for threats. She also ordered the Pro Bowl defensive end to have no contact with the woman, identified as 24-year-old Nicole Holder.

              Tin also ordered Hardy to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous classes a week, noting that both parties were intoxicated at the time of the incident, which occurred after 4 a.m. ET Tuesday." ...

              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...assault-charge

              Comment


              • #8
                I suppose we'll see who is being truthful when more evidence unfolds. It's best not to start saying someone's guilty until we know they are guilty. People cry for the Brian Banks' of the world, but seemingly don't learn from them.

                On a side note, perhaps Hardy can't handle his alcohol(or perhaps his girlfriend, I suppose). One of the many reasons I don't drink, aside form hating the taste. I suspect I'd be a 'funny drunk' but I don't really know. Wouldn't want to wake up in jail with a hangover and a broken fist wondering why I'm there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  To me it certainly sounds as though Hardy could be innocent and the woman just made it all up.
                  I'm not saying that this is true either, rather all of you who assume that Hardy is guilty need to wait until more facts come out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hasn't he been in trouble with the law before this?
                    sigpic

                    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Um, I'm not referring to the actual number or percentage of players out of the total of all NFL players getting into trouble.

                      I'm referring to the fact that once again we have another player perpetuating violence against women. I don't care if you consider it a low percentage. One woman getting assaulted is too much and I for one am sick of it.
                      Yep, but thats the world we live in. Bad things happen sometimes

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by display name View Post
                        To me it certainly sounds as though Hardy could be innocent and the woman just made it all up.
                        I'm not saying that this is true either, rather all of you who assume that Hardy is guilty need to wait until more facts come out.
                        Yeah, from what I've heard there are a few holes in the story. Jumping into defend every accuser certainly won't help any cause, objectivity is important in determining someone's guilt. Unfortunately, there's a 'if your not for us, your against us' mentality, where if you stay objective your 'calling her a liar'. It doesn't mean you are of course, but rather saying you don't know the truth.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X