X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by display name View Post
    To me it certainly sounds as though Hardy could be innocent and the woman just made it all up.
    I'm not saying that this is true either, rather all of you who assume that Hardy is guilty need to wait until more facts come out.
    Yeah, from what I've heard there are a few holes in the story. Jumping into defend every accuser certainly won't help any cause, objectivity is important in determining someone's guilt. Unfortunately, there's a 'if your not for us, your against us' mentality, where if you stay objective your 'calling her a liar'. It doesn't mean you are of course, but rather saying you don't know the truth.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Um, I'm not referring to the actual number or percentage of players out of the total of all NFL players getting into trouble.

I'm referring to the fact that once again we have another player perpetuating violence against women. I don't care if you consider it a low percentage. One woman getting assaulted is too much and I for one am sick of it.
    Yep, but thats the world we live in. Bad things happen sometimes

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Hasn't he been in trouble with the law before this?

Leave a comment:

• display name
    replied
    To me it certainly sounds as though Hardy could be innocent and the woman just made it all up.
    I'm not saying that this is true either, rather all of you who assume that Hardy is guilty need to wait until more facts come out.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    I suppose we'll see who is being truthful when more evidence unfolds. It's best not to start saying someone's guilty until we know they are guilty. People cry for the Brian Banks' of the world, but seemingly don't learn from them.

On a side note, perhaps Hardy can't handle his alcohol(or perhaps his girlfriend, I suppose). One of the many reasons I don't drink, aside form hating the taste. I suspect I'd be a 'funny drunk' but I don't really know. Wouldn't want to wake up in jail with a hangover and a broken fist wondering why I'm there.

Leave a comment:

• Emily Diana
    replied
    - Greg Hardy released from jail -

"Carolina Panthers star Greg Hardy was released from jail Wednesday following a domestic violence charge in a case in which both he and his girlfriend claim the other was the aggressor.

Mecklenburg County District Judge Rebecca Thorne Tin released Hardy on a bond set at $15,000 for assault and $2,000 for threats. She also ordered the Pro Bowl defensive end to have no contact with the woman, identified as 24-year-old Nicole Holder.

Tin also ordered Hardy to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous classes a week, noting that both parties were intoxicated at the time of the incident, which occurred after 4 a.m. ET Tuesday." ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...assault-charge

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Guess we'll see how this whole thing plays out as well. Misdemeanor assault, probably won't lead to jail time.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ew-me-on-couch.

Yikes, he sounds like a real charmer. Scary dude!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    It is poor but you have to remember that there are currently around 3000 players who will be in TC battling to make the final roster. 1696 if you want to go with the current top 53 of each team and the more well known players.

So say we here about ten getting in trouble in an off-season, thats a pretty low %. Especially when most of the time it is for offences like DUI's and family arguments.

Just think its made to sound worse then it is. Thousands of these players do charity work but these % are more interesting stories so will hit the news
    Um, I'm not referring to the actual number or percentage of players out of the total of all NFL players getting into trouble.

I'm referring to the fact that once again we have another player perpetuating violence against women. I don't care if you consider it a low percentage. One woman getting assaulted is too much and I for one am sick of it.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 05-13-2014, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Aw, jeez. We should just start a thread for this kind of crap from the players.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    It is poor but you have to remember that there are currently around 3000 players who will be in TC battling to make the final roster. 1696 if you want to go with the current top 53 of each team and the more well known players.

So say we here about ten getting in trouble in an off-season, thats a pretty low %. Especially when most of the time it is for offences like DUI's and family arguments.

Just think its made to sound worse then it is. Thousands of these players do charity work but these % are more interesting stories so will hit the news

Leave a comment:

• Panthers Greg Hardy Arrested for Assaulting his Partner

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...lt-on-a-female

And here we go again. It just never seems to stop.
Working...
X