The 2014 "Around The League" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 "Around The League" Thread

Lots of interesting games today. So far it's good news for our Broncos, with KC(what the heck???) and Oakland losing, along with our AFC enemy, The Pats. It's already been discussed elsewhere, but Moreno made it happen in Miami today, and I am glad for him.....and yes, wish he was still here!

- Big comeback for Philly
    - St. L is going in the wrong direction and possibly The Vikes are for real this season (we'll see)
    - Buffalo held tough in Chicago (maybe The AFC East is closer than we think! Guess who's in last place!):thumb:
    - Atlanta wins on key FGs over The Saints
    - Dallas looked bad for the most part today
    - Clowney tears meniscus and is out 4-6 weeks. Hey, Watt can handle the load!

Three games left this weekend. Of course, the biggest of them all starts within the half hour!!!

Broncos!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-07-2014, 06:09 PM.

A lot of surprises. I missed a lot of picks this week. Never saw Buffalo over Chicago happening. Ravens lost at home????
    sigpic

Comment

Week one is hard to assess. Comebacks and crazy things happening.....just like our game tonight. Teams need a couple of weeks or more to get in sync. Then again, losses against weaker teams will not sit well for those who experienced it.

Comment

Two more games left......

Ray Rice done.

Comment

I wished the Broncos looked scarier than they did. I mean that in a positive way lol

But the team that really stood out to me was Atlanta. They're back - they have their weapons again and Matt Ryan looks great. I would have LOVED to see Seattle have to head down to ATL for a reg season match up but it's not to be this year. We likely will have to wait for the NFC championship game or maybe the round previous.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            I wished the Broncos looked scarier than they did. I mean that in a positive way lol

But the team that really stood out to me was Atlanta. They're back - they have their weapons again and Matt Ryan looks great. I would have LOVED to see Seattle have to head down to ATL for a reg season match up but it's not to be this year. We likely will have to wait for the NFC championship game or maybe the round previous.
            I only saw some hi lites from the Atlanta game, but hopefully Matthews is ok, because they already lost Baker to an injury. They can not operate with a weak Oline again.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

So you were impressed by ATL's defense. I thought both offenses look great, so makes me wonder, are they really both that good, or is both defenses suspect again this year?

Comment

So far today:
                - RGIII injured again. Thing is, Cousins seems so ready to take over.

- I am only watching bits and pieces of The Pats game, and because I am not a fan, it drives me nuts that:
                1) AP (the player....not the person) wasn't there to even this contest
                2) The Pats fumble but recover
                3) The Pats block a FG that bounces perfectly into their hands for a TD with little time on the clock
                4) Cassels misses a wide open player near the goal line
                Sour grapes, you bet! Obviously The Vikes are not good enough today, but every time I check in, I see a miscue that could have gone the other way.....

- Moreno got hurt early. Hope he is ok.

- My fav games are yet to come!

Comment

So... Is Buffalo actually decent???
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                    Decent enough to be 2-0 right. But they didn't only play Miami and the Bears...

Brian Hoyer looked good today, so far doesn't sound like it was a bad discussion to start him.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm not buying in yet. Buffalo is know to start off 3-0 or 4-0 and completely lose it after then.
                      sigpic

Comment

Our defense is very good, the offense just needs to learn how to finish drives by putting up touchdowns, not field goals. We can beat teams like Miami with field goals, but against teams like San Diego and New England, were going to have to punch it in.
                        "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

Got killed in fantasy this week because the other guy had Jordy Nelson.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

I had KnoMo and AJ Greene this week ........ big fat zeros

darn injuries
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Interesting day. With Seattle and San Fran losing, I am curious how the power rankings will come out. If we were 2nd last week, I guess we could be #1 this week. Regardless, if we can beat Seattle next week, we will definitely be #1.

Whatever. Rankings are fun, but not that meaningful just yet. The fact that Seattle and San Fran lost did make for a different type of day.

Looks like The Raiders are looking for a top draft pick again this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X