Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    7.5 mil a year isnt #1 money.

Thats right in line with what the #2's make.

Cut Welker, keep Decker should have been done oh well.

NO way I'd of done that. Two different roles in the O for the 2. One does not come close to replacing the other. Decker easier to replace then Welker. I liked Decker, and for those who are complaining about him in the SB, they should rewatch it. Decker got open, but he never got a chance to catch the ball cause it wasn't thrown his way. That said, Decker was a very good reciever for us and I liked him. IMO however, he wasn't the fastest nor the most physical. Apparantly Elway and company thought they could improve on that position and the overall team and they went out and tried too . I wish Decker well and I don't blame him at all, that had to sting. It would've me. I am very interested to see how this offense shapes up with our new reciever core. If anyone knows the importance of recievers and each reciever at each position, that would be John. I think I'm gonna hang out and trust in John and see where our offense goes from here. I think by the end of the year it will be even more amazing then last year.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      He could have taken a smaller deal to go somewhere else, but instead chose money and what's best for his celebrity status and reality show in NY.
      What team other then the Jets showed strong interest signing Decker? IIRC, the Colts were the only team that showed a little interest, but not to the point that they brought him in for a workout or even a meet and greet. Decker signed with the only team that showed strong interest and offered him a contract. Decker even tried to prolong signing with the Jets after the numbers were reported and nobody still showed interest in signing him. I can't blame him for signing with the ONLY team that wanted him.
      sigpic

Comment

I think the Broncos did him dirty by not even offering him an extension. They didn't even care enough to lowball him.

Everyone that says it was about the money, meh. I think Decker wouldve taken a hometown discount if he was offered one.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          NO way I'd of done that. Two different roles in the O for the 2. One does not come close to replacing the other. Decker easier to replace then Welker. I liked Decker, and for those who are complaining about him in the SB, they should rewatch it. Decker got open, but he never got a chance to catch the ball cause it wasn't thrown his way. That said, Decker was a very good reciever for us and I liked him. IMO however, he wasn't the fastest nor the most physical. Apparantly Elway and company thought they could improve on that position and the overall team and they went out and tried too . I wish Decker well and I don't blame him at all, that had to sting. It would've me. I am very interested to see how this offense shapes up with our new reciever core. If anyone knows the importance of recievers and each reciever at each position, that would be John. I think I'm gonna hang out and trust in John and see where our offense goes from here. I think by the end of the year it will be even more amazing then last year.
          I agree. It's nothing personal.

Broncos need speed at that position. They also need quickness and speed for their slot position. Obviously Manning and Welker have a great rapport. When Welk got injured in preseason you could see how it effected Manning.

We've already seen what speed opposite Demaryius alone has done to help the offense as a whole. If they let Welker walk, kept Decker.... we wouldn't be nearly as explosive.

:2cents:
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I think the Broncos did him dirty by not even offering him an extension. They didn't even care enough to lowball him.

Everyone that says it was about the money, meh. I think Decker wouldve taken a hometown discount if he was offered one.

I don't know if Id call it dirty. None of us know what happened behind close doors. But apparently the FO thought they could improve upon that position and this team with the money they had to spend on it. I don't blame them for that, thats called the business of football. Decker knows that. They honored his contract until it was over. They just didn't offer him a new one. Its not like he had a 20 yr career with us and we let him go at the end of it just when we were poised to win it all. The question becomes did they actually improve the team and the position. We will find out this year.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              We're never going to be able to keep Decker DT JT Manning Clady and KnoMo. Unfortunately those are the rules. If there was no cap I'm sure Pat Bowlen's Broncos would be among the best paid in the NFL.
              We would be able to keep them if we had our own players as priority. Just the money thrown at Talib and Ware was enough to keep our own players. It's not just who we let go, but also who we bring and at what price. The cap is being eaten by players that came from other teams.

Elway is buying a contender instead of building one. It is working because of Manning, but it won't last. Considering the current contracts on the roster, I'm not sure we will be able to keep both Demaryius and Julius Thomas because the cap space went to players from other teams - Talib, Ware, Sanders, Ward.

And not even offering a contract to productive homegrown players sends the wrong message in my opinion. Reward your own first. I think it's important for the organization and for the locker room.
              sigpic

Comment

I feel you I really do. I hate the NFL is the way it is. It's not an optimal situation for fans. It's capitalism

When the all mighty dollar is no longer the bottom line, you'd see more loyalty I think - but we'll never see that day.

I wish there was some kind of incentive to keep drafted players. Maybe a separate cap every team can use just for drafted players. I don't know if there really could be a solution though when it's about $$
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                X