Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering who might get the most action in AP absence this weekend... isn't that a football discussion? I'm thinking Jerrick McKinnon gets the most opportunities?
    Thats a legit question....off to my FF league to check!!

EDIT

Matt Asiata might be the guy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I thought first Matt Asiata but McKinnon is more of a big play threat and NE sucks against the run ... so far. I am now hoping McKinnon gets the ball. :thumb:
      Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 09-12-2014, 07:22 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunate situation.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
          Unfortunate situation.
          That sounds like you have AP on your FF team?
          sigpic

Comment

The Patriots always catch breaks like this. They are weak against the run, and the best back in the game will have to sit out against them.

Sorry. Just always thinking about the competition.

Comment

Saw this story kind of break before I started work, had an insane night.

What a terrible week for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                The Patriots always catch breaks like this. They are weak against the run, and the best back in the game will have to sit out against them.

Sorry. Just always thinking about the competition.
                I know. That was my thought too. I thought the Vikings could win that game but not now. It would have been so great to see NE at 0-2.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

-Peterson booked and released from Texas jail-

"Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was booked and released from a Texas jail on a child abuse charge early Saturday, capping a tumultuous week for the NFL, which was already facing heavy criticism for its handling of a domestic violence case involving another star player.

Peterson was processed at the Montgomery County jail and released on $15,000 bond, according to a sheriff's office spokesman, Lt. Brady Fitzgerald. He is charged with causing injury to a child age 14 or younger, allegedly by spanking one of his sons with a wooden switch, or tree branch, on or around May 18.

The star running back won't play Sunday in Minnesota's home opener against New England. Shortly after the news of the indictment broke Friday, the Vikings announced that Peterson had been benched for the game against the Patriots.

Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the league, said Saturday that Peterson's case ''will be reviewed under the NFL's personal conduct policy.''" ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peterso...3488--nfl.html

Comment

EDIT

birdman has him in our league and he faces me this week

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                      -Peterson booked and released from Texas jail-

"Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was booked and released from a Texas jail on a child abuse charge early Saturday, capping a tumultuous week for the NFL, which was already facing heavy criticism for its handling of a domestic violence case involving another star player.

Peterson was processed at the Montgomery County jail and released on $15,000 bond, according to a sheriff's office spokesman, Lt. Brady Fitzgerald. He is charged with causing injury to a child age 14 or younger, allegedly by spanking one of his sons with a wooden switch, or tree branch, on or around May 18.

The star running back won't play Sunday in Minnesota's home opener against New England. Shortly after the news of the indictment broke Friday, the Vikings announced that Peterson had been benched for the game against the Patriots.

Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the league, said Saturday that Peterson's case ''will be reviewed under the NFL's personal conduct policy.''" ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/peterso...3488--nfl.html
                      What's the significance of it being reviewed under the personal conduct policy? Will that effect his suspension?

Also, will the suspension take place before the trial or will they wait until it all plays out? These aren't really questions specifically for you Emily Diana , I'm just asking in general

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...to-play-sunday

Well, that was short-lived. Adrian Peterson expected to play Sunday.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...to-play-sunday

Well, that was short-lived. Adrian Peterson expected to play Sunday.
                          The Vikings actually took a step back and realized they suck without him. So, for the sake of putting a 'W' in their win column they will play a child abuser - who openly admits to beating his son and feels it is 'justified'.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            birdman has him in our league and he faces me this week
                            Yay for murray lol

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

EDIT

Well Asiata was the way to go ... I went with Chris Ivory instead of McKinnon :thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

Man, ESPN said he was accused of another incident with another son over the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X