No announcement yet.

Rams sign Robert Quinn to an extension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams sign Robert Quinn to an extension.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Rams DE Robert Quinn signed 4-year, $66.575M extension that includes $41.2M gtd tying him to team through 2019, agent Tony Fleming confirmed.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
    The $66M for Quinn includes all 6 yrs he's signed. His new money is roughly $57M - $14.2M/season.

Pass rusher # is set.

13-14 for Von seems fair with these deals.

He's a great player. Congrats to him.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Good for him, went to school with him and his brother Miguel, didn't know Robert but knew his brother and had a class with his brother. Also went to the same school and knew Carlos Dunlap and A.J Green.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Seems a little high for him right now. I imagine it will have an affect on a contract with Von ... depending on how Von plays this year and probably next year, Von will probably command more, which sucks. 15-16M for von?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          Seems a little high for him right now. I imagine it will have an affect on a contract with Von ... depending on how Von plays this year and probably next year, Von will probably command more, which sucks. 15-16M for von?
          Eh, think Quinn has shown he's a good enough player to have that contract. As does Von deserve more, Elway is a smart guy and he with his front office will work something out that benefits Von and the Broncos. Probably with a clause in case Von makes another bone head decision.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Eh, think Quinn has shown he's a good enough player to have that contract. As does Von deserve more, Elway is a smart guy and he with his front office will work something out that benefits Von and the Broncos. Probably with a clause in case Von makes another bone head decision.
            Well I doubt that he will be doing a contract with Von after this season since DT and JT are due which means it will have to be after next season when contracts are likely even more... maybe they can afford more, at this point it is hard to say.
            Quinn had a good/great season last year and wasn't bad in 2012, not much from his rookie season especially if we compare to Von. This average salary makes him the third highest in the league, he may turn out to be the 3rd best DE but it is a little too soon to say. In 2 more years it will likely be a decent deal for both parties, IF Quinn continues to produce. Strange he seems to have made a career out playing Arizona. Chris Long also has a pretty large contract.
            sigpic

Comment

Watt got 16 AAV, and he's the best defensive player in football with no legal problems.

Von will be pricy but i dont think he'll cost 15 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Watt got 16 AAV, and he's the best defensive player in football with no legal problems.

Von will be pricy but i dont think he'll cost 15 a year.
                Watt is actually 16.67, getting his deal this year. You think they will do a contract with Von in 2015?

I have my doubts because of DT and JT, Knighton, Harris etc. are up and Von has one more year. So Von will probably not be done until 2016 calendar year. All salaries/contracts will be a little higher by then. Clay Matthews is getting 13.2, that contract was in 2013 I think, Matthews might be a better comparison since he is a LB. It does depend on how Von plays this season and next season... you might be right?

I was going by Quinn's average being 14.2 per year which I think that is not accurate -I think it is actually a little less - but if Quinn can get 14.2 right now than I would think Von can get 15M in 2016. I do think that Von is more valuable than Quinn but that could be debated especially if Von doesn't play well this season or next.

The "legal" problems? He had the suspension for violations of the substance abuse policy which now the NFL will have a new policy in regards to that... not sure if or how that will affect Von's situation - probably will not be banned permanently or get a year now if he is stupid again. That certainly could affect his value.
                sigpic

Comment

Watt is actually 16.67, getting his deal this year. You think they will do a contract with Von in 2015?

I have my doubts because of DT and JT, Knighton, Harris etc. are up and Von has one more year. So Von will probably not be done until 2016 calendar year. All salaries/contracts will be a little higher by then. Clay Matthews is getting 13.2, that contract was in 2013 I think, Matthews might be a better comparison since he is a LB. It does depend on how Von plays this season and next season... you might be right?

I was going by Quinn's average being 14.2 per year which I think that is not accurate -I think it is actually a little less - but if Quinn can get 14.2 right now than I would think Von can get 15M in 2016. I do think that Von is more valuable than Quinn but that could be debated especially if Von doesn't play well this season or next.

The "legal" problems? He had the suspension for violations of the substance abuse policy which now the NFL will have a new policy in regards to that... not sure if or how that will affect Von's situation - probably will not be banned permanently or get a year now if he is stupid again. That certainly could affect his value.
                  Honestly not sure.

They could, it wouldnt affect his cap hit all that much since he's making close to 10 next year.

Denver signed Ware, Sanders, Talib, and Ward, i'll let Elway/Sullivan worry about the cap stuff.

Just saying i dont see Von getting that much, although i could very well be wrong. Certainly gonna be pricy though.

Comment

Working...
                  X