Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Broncos Fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for Broncos Fans

    As some of you may have heard by now, the Buffalo Bills have benched EJ Manual in favor of former Broncos starter Kyle Orton. As relapsed Buffalo Bills fan (a fate far worse than alcoholism, trust me), I feel like we have been through this very same process multiple times before. Draft terrible rookie QB (Losman, Edwards, Manual), replace him with mediocre vet (Kelly Holcomb, Fitzpatrick), repeat until firmly cemented as the NFL's most mediocre to below average franchise; never good enough to make the playoffs, yet not terrible enough to draft a bonafide superstar. In our euphoric celebration over the benching of yet another terrible qb prospect, it has just dawned on me that many of us do not have the slightest clue about the qb we are replacing him with, other than the fact that he looks like a decrepit hobo and is rumored to be a big fan of Jack Daniel's.

    Anyhow, my question to you Broncos fans is, what can we reasonably expect out of Kyle Orton? I believe that after watching him for 2.5- 3 years, you Broncos fans would probably have the best insight into his strengths/limitations. I mean I would ask Cowboys fans, but they seem to be a little sore over his off season contract escapades. Not only that, but I severely question many of their cerebral capacities, so deriving an answer from them would be an exercise in futility. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  • #2
    I hated him here. He did good his first year. Really well his second (when he peaked) and one of the worst qbs I've ever seen his third. I was begging for tebow and I just said tebow.


    Here's the thing with Kyle Orton that the teams we played - especially the division figured out real wick. He folds like a tent after he has been hit. And it's pathetic.


    So the question becomes, how is your OL? If you can keep him from getting hit he is actually a pretty good qb. Really accurate, and times his throws well. He will increase your production on offense if so. That said, he is not a playmaker and will not bring you back if you are down. He can only do what is given......game manager all the way.

    If teams blitz you are screwed. Seriously! He hates being hit. And the moment he takes a solid shot he will freak out if they show pressure pre snap. We have a play called the phantom sack. A blitzed came through and the rb picked him up. Kyle still fell down and went fetal position even tho he was not hit. He stayed there until he was touched and ruled a sack.

    Like I said, if you can keep him clean and keep him from having to bring you back like the great top qbs do, you will actually do very well. The run game will be better, spiller I bet will boss out. But if not, you will soon come to hate him as your starting qb.


    Good luck.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

    Comment


    • #3
      Good between the 20's and OK inside the 20's for the first 50-55 mins of a game. A "game manager" for the first 50-55 mins. If the lead by either team is greater than 10 pts, the following does not matter...

      So-so at best between the 20's and abysmal inside the 20's after 55 mins into a game if winning.

      If losing after 55 mins, no matter where on the field; close your eyes, cross your fingers, and pray for a miracle because Orton is absolute garbage.

      Be prepared for phantom sacks. If under pressure, he drops to the ground like a dead fish when a defender so much as breathes on him.
      Last edited by kingelway7; 09-29-2014, 09:39 PM.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Neckbeard likes his Jack Daniels.........

        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bills_Fan 1 View Post
          As some of you may have heard by now, the Buffalo Bills have benched EJ Manual in favor of former Broncos starter Kyle Orton. As relapsed Buffalo Bills fan (a fate far worse than alcoholism, trust me), I feel like we have been through this very same process multiple times before. Draft terrible rookie QB (Losman, Edwards, Manual), replace him with mediocre vet (Kelly Holcomb, Fitzpatrick), repeat until firmly cemented as the NFL's most mediocre to below average franchise; never good enough to make the playoffs, yet not terrible enough to draft a bonafide superstar. In our euphoric celebration over the benching of yet another terrible qb prospect, it has just dawned on me that many of us do not have the slightest clue about the qb we are replacing him with, other than the fact that he looks like a decrepit hobo and is rumored to be a big fan of Jack Daniel's.

          Anyhow, my question to you Broncos fans is, what can we reasonably expect out of Kyle Orton? I believe that after watching him for 2.5- 3 years, you Broncos fans would probably have the best insight into his strengths/limitations. I mean I would ask Cowboys fans, but they seem to be a little sore over his off season contract escapades. Not only that, but I severely question many of their cerebral capacities, so deriving an answer from them would be an exercise in futility. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
          Orton is a serviceable QB. He rarely makes mistakes, and when not rushed can be a good pocket passer. Given excellent protection he can make all the throws, and accurately.

          However, when a play starts to break down, so does Orton. He struggles with overcoming problems. He isnt overly athletic, he isnt going to scramble for big yards or anything like that. He isnt good enough to compensate for weaknesses in other areas of an offense either. Nor is he going to elevate the level of play of others.

          He can do well enough, as long as the other parts on offense do well at their jobs. He isnt going to take a team, or an offense, to a next level. Nor will he drag them down with too many stupid mistakes either. Very....average.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bills_Fan 1 View Post
            As some of you may have heard by now, the Buffalo Bills have benched EJ Manual in favor of former Broncos starter Kyle Orton. As relapsed Buffalo Bills fan (a fate far worse than alcoholism, trust me), I feel like we have been through this very same process multiple times before. Draft terrible rookie QB (Losman, Edwards, Manual), replace him with mediocre vet (Kelly Holcomb, Fitzpatrick), repeat until firmly cemented as the NFL's most mediocre to below average franchise; never good enough to make the playoffs, yet not terrible enough to draft a bonafide superstar. In our euphoric celebration over the benching of yet another terrible qb prospect, it has just dawned on me that many of us do not have the slightest clue about the qb we are replacing him with, other than the fact that he looks like a decrepit hobo and is rumored to be a big fan of Jack Daniel's.

            Anyhow, my question to you Broncos fans is, what can we reasonably expect out of Kyle Orton? I believe that after watching him for 2.5- 3 years, you Broncos fans would probably have the best insight into his strengths/limitations. I mean I would ask Cowboys fans, but they seem to be a little sore over his off season contract escapades. Not only that, but I severely question many of their cerebral capacities, so deriving an answer from them would be an exercise in futility. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
            First of all Kyle Orton is a good NFL QB. He's not great though. He's been labeled a 'stop gap' here in Denver after his first year. You should hope that's what he is there.

            He won his first 6 games in a row for us. And then proceeded to miss the playoffs that season. I think we were 7-9 or 8-8. Orton seemed to play pretty well when it was all new and exciting. Then he seemed to get really uninterested. I have to admit the Tebow fans around here were calling for Orton's head- then so were the rest of us - or most of the rest.

            Hope he comes out excited and interested. He's got a real weapon at receiver so there WILL be success there. KO8 has a pretty decent arm even though he was called 'noodle arm' by some. With a good defense, he'll go at least .500 for you guys. And you might even have a chance of .667

            Kyle Orton wont go out and carry a team, but he can definitely do his job if he's got time.

            Good Luck!
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

            Comment


            • #7
              Honestly, average we can live with. The Bills defense has been playing lights out this year, and if wasn't for EJ chucking grounders or his lobs feeding our puny receivers to the lions (or Eric Weddle- close enough, his mane makes him look like Simba), they could easily be 3-1 right now. What does concern me, however, is the part about him falling apart under pressure. The line has been nothing short of hot garbage, especially in the interior. But then again, I am not absolutely certain how much of this has to do with EJ running around like a chicken with his head cut off... If Kyle can be average, I would be a very happy fan, well for now anyway. I know that this sounds extremely stupid coming from a perpetual bottom feeder, but this team is far too talented to be this bad.

              Thank you for all of your replies, they are very informative. Good luck this year gentlemen, except when playing... Ah forget it. We're going to get pulverized anyway. Just don't hurt our good players, we'll need them later.
              Last edited by Bills_Fan 1; 09-29-2014, 09:50 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                There are several worse QBs actively starting in the NFL. Heck, there are arguably two worse starting QBs in your division.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Bills next game is against the Lions. Lions defense is #1 overall in yards allowed (#2 in pass yards) and is tied for 5th in the league in sacks. The Bills are screwed. Orton better get an appetite for turf because he will be eating alot of it.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bills_Fan 1 View Post
                    Honestly, average we can live with. The Bills defense has been playing lights out this year, and if wasn't for EJ chucking grounders or his lobs feeding our puny receivers to the lions (or Eric Weddle- close enough, his mane makes him look like Simba), they could easily be 3-1 right now. What does concern me, however, is the part about him falling apart under pressure. The line has been nothing short of hot garbage, especially in the interior. But then again, I am not absolutely certain how much of this has to do with EJ running around like a chicken with his head cut off... If Kyle can be average, I would be a very happy fan, well for now anyway. I know that this sounds extremely stupid coming from a perpetual bottom feeder, but this team is far too talented to be this bad.

                    Thank you for all of your replies, they are very informative. Good luck this year gentlemen, except when playing... Ah forget it. We're going to get pulverized anyway. Just don't hurt our good players, we'll need them later.
                    If average is what you want, Kyle Orton is the man for you.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                      The Bills next game is against the Lions. Lions defense is #1 overall in yards allowed (#2 in pass yards) and is tied for 5th in the league in sacks. The Bills are screwed. Orton better get an appetite for turf because he will be eating alot of it.
                      Hoh hoh oh.....lol. Oh man. Sorry bills fans, he's right. You are screwed. The lions are going to make him fold so fast. I bet you don't cross the 50 yard line once after halftime. And I truly am sorry because you have a lot of players I really like.

                      And I hate the pats, jets and fish.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The difference between a hobo and and homeless man is that a hobo is willing to work along his travels. Kyle Orton has traveled to just about every team in the NfL now, so a "decrepit hobo" isn't too bad of a description for the guy. A 5 million dollar decrepit hobo. lol Is he a "belieber" too?

                        Enjoy Checkdown City.
                        Last edited by JesseH; 09-30-2014, 06:07 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JesseH View Post
                          The difference between a hobo and and homeless man is that a hobo is willing to work along his travels. Kyle Orton has traveled to just about every team in the NfL now, so a "decrepit hobo" isn't too bad of a description for the guy. A 5 million dollar decrepit hobo. lol Is he a "belieber" too?

                          Enjoy Checkdown City.
                          What's with the Bieber hair?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On the plus side, Bills Fan, it looks like the Patriots are finally loosening their stranglehold on the AFC East. With the Jets and Miami also being as inconsistent as the Bills, the division is really up for grabs. If Orton can be a solid game manager, the Bills could definitely win the division with that monster defense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JesseH View Post
                              Enjoy Checkdown City.
                              Checkdown city is an upgrade over Manuel. Have you seen his statline from last week's game? It is totally brutal.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X