• Show
Clear All

• Bills_Fan 1
    replied
    double post

Leave a comment:

• Bills_Fan 1
    replied
    Whelp I have to hand it to you guys, you are some very intelligent fans. Your analysis of Kyle Brosef Orton was spot on, at least for this game. As soon as there was pressure, he wilted like a beautiful sunflower with a tragic case of frost bite. When he had time, however, he made some purely majestic throws (it also helps that Sammy Watkins may just be the lovechild of Inspector Gadget and Spiderman (see link below)). Although you may believe (with good reason) that he is total donkey doo doo, we can actually compete with a donkey turd at QB- just not with buffalo ****, if you get the strongly implied analogy. Anyway thanks for the QB, see y'all in December.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    Bills fans have something to be happy about today. A close competitive game, great plays on both sides of the ball, a new QB who wasn't perfect, but stepped up when it counted.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Orton looking true to form today.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Orton looks ready to carve up that Lions D for 7 TDs.
    But first he must throw a pick-six to make things more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied

That's a beautiful mustache... Orton looks ready to carve up that Lions D for 7 TDs.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I think allot of Bronco fans are giving the former Bronco more love then he deserves

Will try to remember exactly what Steve Young said because honestly I think he hit the nail right on the head when it comes to orton

Something along this....When Orton sees pressure coming his quality of play goes downhill...well all Qbs do if you are honest....but Orton's level of play goes down further and faster then any other Qb when he sees the pressure coming.

Back to my words...I think this is why Orton is such a great practice QB....he knows he will never get hit. If I was a coach I would allow Orton to get hit in practice in an effort to help him get over his "fear" or whatever it is, of pressure.

He takes sacks in which no one touches him when under pressure. He makes most of his mistakes under pressure. If he has a clean pocket...he will look like Tom Brady. Unfortunately in the NFL every Qb will face pressure every game.

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    replied
    Kyle "Orton hears a boo" is awful. You should have asked each of these guys (that posted a reply) this question in October 2011, after Orton lost the first 6 games in a row. Everyone thought Orton was terrible. Every Denver fan was crying to bench him. And yes, every Bronco fan, including those on this forum were screaming for Tebow to start. I was there, I heard you. So Buffalo Bills fan....your question should be why would Buffalo take a losing record QB like Orton over a proven winner like Tebow who is ready and hungry to play.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Get ready for Marcus mariota. Starting Orton means the towel has been thrown, not only on the season but for Manuel as well. Manuel needs more time, he'd be fine if they would give him time to develop.

People are hating on Rex for sticking with smith but that's the best decision. Vick isn't going to take them to the playoffs so you might as well take your lumps with smith because he can still improve unlike Vick. Player development, and qbs need more time than anyone.

Leave a comment:

• FLBroncFan
    replied
    How did Orton get that 5 million from Buffalo, anyways?

I was never a fan of Neckbeard and the only time I saw him play was during the pre-season game against the (wait for it)

Bills

This was in 2011 (which led to Tebowmania)and even though the Broncos won the pre-season game, Orton looked mediocre at best.

Best of luck Bills fan.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Bills fans should definitely try to get into a Bills practice......that's where Orton truly shines.......in practice. He will look unstoppable there and give you playoff aspirations.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bills_Fan 1 View Post
    I can tell you with absolute certainty; EJ is dunzo. Since you are presumably far too preoccupied watching a team play in games that actually matter to pay much attention to Buffalo, I will forgive you for such a heinous transgression. The best way to describe him to people who have not really paid much attention is that EJ "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". Besides the fact that he strongly resembles a chipmunk with PTSD every time he drops back to pass, it is quite clear from the body language of his receivers that they have quit on him.

As for Orton, you guys have done a great job elucidating what I can expect from him, despite my initial question being a little too open ended. I guess what I should have asked, is Orton smart enough to give the balls to his play makers (I still stubbornly hold on to the hope that Watkins, Williams, and especially Woods can form a lethal receiving corps), or will he, like EJ be too terrified to throw anything not in the general vicinity of his second string half back? If our defense can continue to hold teams to 20 or less points, is he good enough to land us a victory, or will he, like his predecessors find new and intriguing ways to piss all over our changes?

Thanks again guys (and gals?).
    Kyle Orton is a precision passing game manager. He has limited mobility and not great arm strength. Think of a younger Brian Griese. Same strengths and weaknesses.

The key is that Buffalo's OL will have to be great at pass-blocking to get much out of Orton. His mobility is about like Peyton Manning's. As for his decision making, he makes bad decisions when he's pressured. As others have noted he doesn't like to get hit and will go down to protect himself at times.

In addition, while he's reasonably accurate, he's never going to be considered a great passer. Teams tend to blitz him a lot because it forces him into bad throws and because he will get happy feet and get rid of the ball too quickly to avoid taking a hit. Expect teams to blitz him a LOT because he's the Anti-Peyton Manning in that regard.

Manning is the best in the NFL at handling the blitz and loves it when teams try it because he automatically sees it and throws immediately into the vacated area. Orton can't handle pressure well.

As you can see from this article, he's not great with the media either:

a crowd of cameras and reporters waited for him, trying to get him to say something interesting about a story already filled with intrigue. But Orton wouldn't bite. He stood with his arms folded, wearing a Bills visor and sporting a mustache that's been growing for the last few weeks, and he didn't take the bait.

"Why will you run this offense better than EJ (Manuel) did?" one reporter asked.

"I'm not saying that I will," Orton responded. "And that's a loaded question. That's a crap question."

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    he is a solid vet backup but just a bandaid. it's a shame because the bills are a very solid team outside of the QB position.

Leave a comment:

• Rixter757
    replied
    Lol, I think judging by the reactions the op can see the love-hate relationship.

I started watching NFL & started supporting the Broncos when KO was at the helm, so I have a soft spot for him. He throws a great spiral, had good accuracy... but yeah he went down like a sack of spuds when his radar told him someone was within 50 feet

That said, our OL was awful, so he was bricking himself most plays.

Bring on Week 14 though, it won't be ghosts he'll be worried about

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Kyle, "I see phantom ghosts" Orton!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X