X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by JesseH View Post
    Interesting, it would definitely feel very strange not having the Raiders in our division, but we'd be welcoming a long time AFC West rival back, though, I would say The Raiders have been the bigger rival before the Seahawks left. That would be kind of cool seeing the St. Louis Rams go back to Los Angeles to be the Los Angeles Rams again. I guess because I'm a history guy, and I hate a lot of change in the NFL, but sometimes change is inevitable. Will curious to see how this plays out.
    The Seattle Seahawks were in the AFC West from 1977 through 2001, twenty-five years. That's a fairly long time, but not nearly as long as the fifty-four years the Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders have been playing each other. We'll see what goes down.

IMO, it was a shame that Georgia Frontiere moved the Rams out of LA, but that's the way it goes with owners..
    Last edited by samparnell; 10-10-2014, 04:37 AM. Reason: adverb

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    Interesting, it would definitely feel very strange not having the Raiders in our division, but we'd be welcoming a long time AFC West rival back, though, I would say The Raiders have been the bigger rival before the Seahawks left. That would be kind of cool seeing the St. Louis Rams go back to Los Angeles to be the Los Angeles Rams again. I guess because I'm a history guy, and I hate a lot of change in the NFL, but sometimes change is inevitable. Will curious to see how this plays out.

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Having the Seahawks in our division would be horrible. Yikes!
    I think we would split with the Seahawks...every year.

Alot of people forget that Seattle is beatable when they're on the road......

With that said,the Raiders should stay in the AFC West...they're our biggest rivalry

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Well if it has to happen, it might as well be a team that was in the afcw
    I loved the American Football League. Seattle wasn't in the AFL. Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs/Texans and Raiders constitute the only original, completely intact division from the AFL.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have been playing each other twice a year for over fifty years. It's a great division. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Well if it has to happen, it might as well be a team that was in the afcw

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I get that CB, but the Browns are still playing the Steelers at the end of the day (although I do think Baltimore should have been moved to the AFCS when the Browns came back). The Pack will always play the Bears, and the Broncos should always play the Raiders.

I think the idea is preposterous.
    Define "playing". I would argue that the NFL destroyed that rivalry - the longest running rivalry in the AFC (both teams were in the NFL and switched with the merger). The Browns-Steelers is a rivalry like a Gazelle is a rival of a Lion.

The NFL destroyed that rivalry and the history of the team when they gave their seal of approval to Modell.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The NFL does not care about tradition. All it cares about is $. Look at how the NFL has treated Cleveland. Approving what Modell did. Then, trying to get Cleveland to "honor" him when he died. Lastly, who has the NFL continually pushed to get into the HOF?

Yep, Modell. The man who destroyed the Browns.
    I get that CB, but the Browns are still playing the Steelers at the end of the day (although I do think Baltimore should have been moved to the AFCS when the Browns came back). The Pack will always play the Bears, and the Broncos should always play the Raiders.

I think the idea is preposterous.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Wow, 54 years of AFL / AFC tradition is that meaningless? Maybe the Packers should move to Orlando.

Shoot, while we're at it, why don't we just have a stadium rotation each year by lottery.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...
    The NFL does not care about tradition. All it cares about is $. Look at how the NFL has treated Cleveland. Approving what Modell did. Then, trying to get Cleveland to "honor" him when he died. Lastly, who has the NFL continually pushed to get into the HOF?

Yep, Modell. The man who destroyed the Browns.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Wow, 54 years of AFL / AFC tradition is that meaningless? Maybe the Packers should move to Orlando.

Shoot, while we're at it, why don't we just have a stadium rotation each year by lottery.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    It would make no sense to move the Raiders to the NFC.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I would welcome it to be honest!
    Same here!. I want our division to be one of, or if not the best in the NFL. I think that you can take certain pride in playing against stiff competition twice in a regular season. You know the saying "Iron sharpens Iron".

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I would welcome it to be honest!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have been playing each other twice a year for over fifty years. It's a great division. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Just. Say. NO!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X