Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland as a potential problem for New England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland as a potential problem for New England?

I hadn't thought about it before, but Cleveland seems to play New England very well..seemingly having some favorable match up with them. Last year, they nearly beat the Pats in NE, and probably do if not for a PI call(which was a good call, but if I remember correctly the pass likely isn't completed with or without the penalty.

If Cleveland ends up going to NE in the playoffs, I could see a potential upset. Thoughts?

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    I hadn't thought about it before, but Cleveland seems to play New England very well..seemingly having some favorable match up with them. Last year, they nearly beat the Pats in NE, and probably do if not for a PI call(which was a good call, but if I remember correctly the pass likely isn't completed with or without the penalty.

If Cleveland ends up going to NE in the playoffs, I could see a potential upset. Thoughts?
    Cleveland is not in the playoffs. Right now Baltimore, Cincinnatti, and Pittsburgh are ahead in the division. All three need to start losing for Cleveland to make the playoffs.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Cleveland is not in the playoffs. Right now Baltimore, Cincinnatti, and Pittsburgh are ahead in the division. All three need to start losing for Cleveland to make the playoffs.
      The Browns have the same record as the Steelers, almost the same as the Bengals, and they have the tiebraker over them I will add. I'm not sure if they have the tiebraker over Pittsburgh though since the series tied 1-1. They have a shot Charlie.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

We are so excited for any team to upset the Pats ... first Indy has them .... nope.... Then Detroit and their monstrous D line.... nope.

Lets just go with the assumption they are going to rolling into , and probably through Jan unless Gronk gets hurt again.. We will be on the road for the playoffs after a home game.

Maybe we get that second shot at them...:thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

Baltimore isn't ahead right now

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Baltimore isn't ahead right now
            They play tomorrow. For all intents and purposes, they are 7-4 until they prove otherwise. But, even then it doesn't matter. Below I have posted the remaining schedule for the division.

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
            The Browns have the same record as the Steelers, almost the same as the Bengals, and they have the tiebraker over them I will add. I'm not sure if they have the tiebraker over Pittsburgh though since the series tied 1-1. They have a shot Charlie.
            Look at the schedules.

Here is the schedule for each team. I will put what is likely in parenthesis.

Steelers Schedule

Saints (L)
            @ Bengals (L)
            @ Falcons (W)
            Chiefs (L)
            Bengals (W)

9-7

Bengals Schedule

@ Buccaneers (W)
            Steelers (L)
            @ Browns (W)
            Broncos (L)
            @ Steelers (W)

10-5-1

Baltimore Schedule

@ Saints (L)
            Chargers (L)
            @ Dolphins (W)
            Jaguars (W)
            @ Texans (W)
            Browns (W)

10-6

Browns Schedule

@ Bills (W)
            Colts (L)
            Bengals (L)
            @Panthers (W)
            @Ravens (L)

10-6

Bengals and Ravens would make the playoffs there. Browns would not. Steelers would not. No matter how you mix and match the wins/losses. Every single team in the division other than the Browns would have to implode the rest of the way. The problem though is each team plays each other at some point the rest of the way (except for Baltimore-Pittsburgh). Or, alternatively, the Browns would have to win every game from here on out to be safe and that isn't very realistic considering the teams that they play.
            Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-23-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Charlie, the Bengals game is a possible win. They destroyed Cincy 24-3 in their stadium. Now it's a home game.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                Charlie, the Bengals game is a possible win. They destroyed Cincy 24-3 in their stadium. Now it's a home game.
                Bengals were without their major players. The Browns had several players in that game that they no longer have.

The Browns currently are playing without Jordan Cameron, Philip Taylor and Karlos Dansby. All of which were available in the first game against the Bengals. On top of that Jabaal Sheard is injured. That leaves both the offense and defense missing major players.

The Bengals last time were without Leon Hall, Vontaze Burfict, and Rey Maualuga. Those are all major players on their defense. It is very likely that the next time they play, those players will be healthy and in the lineup. While the Browns will be without major players.

Comment

Your team is 7-4 and you're still being negative. Wow.

Btw, I have different outcomes on some of those games you mentioned. Some would be in the Browns favor, and others aren't.

Steelers Schedule

Saints (W)
                  @ Bengals (L)
                  @ Falcons (W)
                  Chiefs (L)
                  Bengals (W)

10-6

Bengals Schedule

@ Buccaneers (W)
                  Steelers (W)
                  @ Browns (L)
                  Broncos (L)
                  @ Steelers (L)

9-6-1

Baltimore Schedule

@ Saints (W)
                  Chargers (W)
                  @ Dolphins (L)
                  Jaguars (W)
                  @ Texans (W)
                  Browns (W)

11-5

Browns Schedule

@ Bills (W)
                  Colts (L)
                  Bengals (W)
                  @Panthers (W)
                  @Ravens (L)

10-6

Although anything can happen. Yes, the competition in the AFC for the playoffs is big, but there is at least a chance. The Browns ain't too shabby anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

I am certainly rooting for the Browns! They are playing better ball this year and deserve some success. I hope it comes against the Patsies.
                    sigpic

Comment

Broncos fans must be really desperate. I guess they see the writing on the wall. All that money that went in their team's D has been a waste as their D is horrendous both at home and especially on the road. Their offense is a fraud and any good coaching staff with talent on D can limit them substantially.

No, the Browns will not stop us. No team will.

Comment

The browns are a potential problem for all teams. Nuff said....

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTimeTB View Post
                          Broncos fans must be really desperate. I guess they see the writing on the wall. All that money that went in their team's D has been a waste as their D is horrendous both at home and especially on the road. Their offense is a fraud and any good coaching staff with talent on D can limit them substantially.

No, the Browns will not stop us. No team will.
                          I'm not a Broncos fan, most here will attest to that I'd imagine. Cleveland has played your team well in the past. And btw, I feel I should have posted 'unless your a giant Pats homer' after 'Thoughts?'. We get that you don't think any team can stop NE, but I bet you thought that in 2007 also.

Comment

This pessimism is actually getting kind of old, lol. I mean come on, really. Your division is up for grabs by any of the 4 and you think they have little shot? Get real. Your predicted W/L for each team isn't even close to convincing of your point.

Bengals could very well be a win, as could Baltimore. Colts could too especially with it being in Cleveland.

Cleveland may actually win out, they can make the playoffs. Will they, I'm not sure..but their games are up for grabs. Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinatti could also start losing, your acting like these are consistent teams.

Come on dude, this is worse than when you acted like your teams future was shot for awhile with the Richardson trade, lol.
                            Last edited by fallforward3y+; 11-23-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                              This pessimism is actually getting kind of old, lol. I mean come on, really. Your division is up for grabs by any of the 4 and you think they have little shot? Get real. Your predicted W/L for each team isn't even close to convincing of your point.
                              It is called being a realist. The Bengals, Steelers, and Baltimore all have some easy games the rest of the year. The Browns have to face tougher teams like the Colts. Then, they finish the season in Baltimore. If you consider those games to be "easy" and "sure wins" you clearly do not realize how good those teams have played. The same can be said about the Bengals when they are healthy.

Bengals could very well be a win, as could Baltimore. Colts could too especially with it being in Cleveland.
                              So, you see the Browns losing no more games this year. I would love to have whatever you are smoking.

Comment

Working...
                              X