Redskins Planning to Start McCoy Over RG3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins Planning to Start McCoy Over RG3

With Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III struggling mightily, the team will start Colt McCoy against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, Ian Rapoport reports.

So, does this mean his time in WA is over? Certainly looks like it.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Looks like he'll go down as one of the big busts in NFL history, considering the fact that he was the number two pick overall and all the high draft picks that were given up for him. After reading about his arrogance and lack of having a team mentality, I no longer feel much sympathy for him.

Comment

He tried to build his brand before building his career....sad. He had such an opportunity with the Shanahans to be great.

Who knows maybe he will grow up a bit and then see that potential.
      sigpic

Comment

Cooley broke down just how bad RG3 was:

What followed was 24 minutes of detailed criticism of Griffin’s performance, and it was ugly, far uglier than any analysis of Griffin’s leadership or social-media missteps or news conference hiccups. Cooley said Griffin often looked to the wrong part of the field. He said Griffin repeatedly failed on basic fundamentals. He said Griffin missed what should have been easy reads, didn’t see open receivers, didn’t interpret defensive formations correctly, didn’t understand basic game-management principles, could not allow his team to run any semblance of its offense.

For the full breakdown

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

his ability just wasnt the same after the knee injury

Comment

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
            his ability just wasnt the same after the knee injury
            This is true.

Hubby is a Redskin fan and we've been talking about it a lot today. I think I'm more unhappy about this than he is. I like RG3. I still think he has great potential. I don't like the way Gruden has handled it. Some say he's gutsy. I say he lacks leadership. But, I'm not in the LR.

The QB is not their only problem. Have they benched anyone on the O-line? How about the defense?
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              This is true.

Hubby is a Redskin fan and we've been talking about it a lot today. I think I'm more unhappy about this than he is. I like RG3. I still think he has great potential. I don't like the way Gruden has handled it. Some say he's gutsy. I say he lacks leadership. But, I'm not in the LR.

The QB is not their only problem. Have they benched anyone on the O-line? How about the defense?
              I totally agree with you, Peanut. You have problems with a player, you deal with it in the locker room, you don't call your QB out in the media. Really poor leadership.

Most of my family are 'Skins fans, they're thrilled for Colt McCoy. Another kid with a ton of potential whose career was derailed by a coach throwing him back to the wolves when he was obviously injured. Really hoping he plays well.

Comment

I don't know what happened to RG3.

Yea he got injured - maybe that's part of it

I swear, Seattle better not end up getting this guy as a back up to Russel Wilson.

RG3 has been crap lately though - He just finds ways to get LIT UP. He will not last long until he can learn how to play QB and not take those kinds of hits. That's number 1

Number 2 is just playing better

It's a mess out there- and to think of what they gave up to get RG3 in that draft is ridiculous. I just hope that if he gets traded - it's to someone who can really take him under their wing (if that's the psychology that's needed for this specific QB) Hate to see him crash and burn - how a rook can go from what he was to what he IS now is mindboggling
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Heck dude.. I'd love if we could let Osweiler go, pick up RG3 for next year and have him sit #2 to take reins after Manning. Elway would get him a proper QB coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                    Heck dude.. I'd love if we could let Osweiler go, pick up RG3 for next year and have him sit #2 to take reins after Manning. Elway would get him a proper QB coach.
                    You're more optimistic about his chances to be a good starting quarterback than I am. I think he's done. I don't see a guy who's able to be a true pro style dropback Passer.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                      You're more optimistic about his chances to be a good starting quarterback than I am. I think he's done. I don't see a guy who's able to be a true pro style dropback Passer.
                      Agreed, plus RGIII is an idiot when he runs. He takes too many hits.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                        Agreed, plus RGIII is an idiot when he runs. He takes too many hits.
                        Like Tebow and umpteen other guys, he got by in college on sheer physical ability, and found out too late that you have to LEARN the position to play well in the pros. That blog article was a real eye opener. I had no idea he was that clueless about how to play QB at this level. Makes me appreciate how hard Manning works at knowing the position that much more.

Comment

Like Tebow and umpteen other guys, he got by in college on sheer physical ability, and found out too late that you have to LEARN the position to play well in the pros. That blog article was a real eye opener. I had no idea he was that clueless about how to play QB at this level. Makes me appreciate how hard Manning works at knowing the position that much more.
                          Tebow, to be fair, never failed like Griffin did. Not a bad comparison, but Tebow's last start was a quarterfinal playoff game, whereas Washington isn't too good lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            Tebow, to be fair, never failed like Griffin did. Not a bad comparison, but Tebow's last start was a quarterfinal playoff game, whereas Washington isn't too good lol
                            RG3 started a playoff game his rookie year. Tebow is out of the league because it became obvious he couldn't play in a pro style offense. The same fate awaits RG3.

Comment

RG3 started a playoff game his rookie year. Tebow is out of the league because it became obvious he couldn't play in a pro style offense. The same fate awaits RG3.
                              He was also Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I agree with JT (post #5). It seemed after his injury, he just wasn't the same. Hubby thinks it's because they tried to change his style to prevent further injuries and become more of a pocket passer.

Comparisons are okay, but please don't turn this into a Tebow thread.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X