Doug Marrone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Marrone

So I see that he's being interviewed for the HC of the Jets. Seriously??? The Jets need a coach and a team that can beat NE, not some boob who is mediocre. Come on, Doug Marrone???

It's about time a team in the AFC East provide some type of competition for NE. I mean, they practically get 6 games without even trying every year and now they're considering freaking Doug Marrone? Gag me.

Go after Dan Quinn. I'm glad they're also interviewing him as well. Doug Marrone? Ridiculous!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    So I see that he's being interviewed for the HC of the Jets. Seriously??? The Jets need a coach and a team that can beat NE, not some boob who is mediocre. Come on, Doug Marrone???

It's about time a team in the AFC East provide some type of competition for NE. I mean, they practically get 6 games without even trying every year and now they're considering freaking Doug Marrone? Gag me.

Go after Dan Quinn. I'm glad they're also interviewing him as well. Doug Marrone? Ridiculous!
    Broncoslover, please don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.lol
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      Broncoslover, please don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.lol
      Yeah, I did go a little overboard! But come on, the guy blows! Oops, I did it again.

Comment

First off, they don't practically get 6 games a year. Miami usually beats them once, and that didn't change this time.

I guess they want someone with experience. I'd go after Gase if I were them. Decker's familiar with his system, and he knows offense.
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          First off, they don't practically get 6 games a year. Miami usually beats them once, and that didn't change this time.

I guess they want someone with experience. I'd go after Gase if I were them. Decker's familiar with his system, and he knows offense.
          OK, but do you really believe anyone in that division is seriously competitive enough to take the division from them or provide strong competition? Up here in Boston they also concede that they wish the teams in the division weren't so weak and would love another team to provide a challenge.

Hiring Doug Marrone is not that guy to do that with the Jets.

Comment

Ralph Wilson hired Doug Marrone who exercised a clause in his contract to leave in the event ownership changed. 2014 was the first winning season for the Bills in ten years. Whether or not Marrone resurfaces as an NFL HC remains to be seen. If he does, there will be at least one person who disagrees with the OP.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Ralph Wilson hired Doug Marrone who exercised a clause in his contract to leave in the event ownership changed. 2014 was the first winning season for the Bills in ten years. Whether or not Marrone resurfaces as an NFL HC remains to be seen. If he does, there will be at least one person who disagrees with the OP.
              Disagreements make the world go round. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                OK, but do you really believe anyone in that division is seriously competitive enough to take the division from them or provide strong competition? Up here in Boston they also concede that they wish the teams in the division weren't so weak and would love another team to provide a challenge.

Hiring Doug Marrone is not that guy to do that with the Jets.
                I could see Miami become that soon. They have a lot of talent on that team. They can beat the Pats once a year, and even played us tough this season.
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Marrone did an excellent job with the Bills, guiding them to their first winning season in a decade. That team would be in the playoffs if they had an adequate QB. You just have to go back and see how tough they played against us. At the same time, I don't support Marrone's decision to abandom the team like that. New ownership, sure, but apparently they wanted him there and they still have the same GM. Even if Polian had accepted the offer to run the Bills, he gave a lot of praised to Marrone on ESPN, so I still don't know why Marrone felt it was beter to jump ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    Marrone did an excellent job with the Bills, guiding them to their first winning season in a decade. That team would be in the playoffs if they had an adequate QB. You just have to go back and see how tough they played against us. At the same time, I don't support Marrone's decision to abandom the team like that. New ownership, sure, but apparently they wanted him there and they still have the same GM. Even if Polian had accepted the offer to run the Bills, he gave a lot of praised to Marrone on ESPN, so I still don't know why Marrone felt it was beter to jump ship.
                    Maybe because the FO wouldn't give him an extension when he asked for it, and this way he walks with 4 million, that is not effected if he takes another job, he keeps it. Put on top of that maybe he gets a job with a team that gives him a contract and he definitely comes out on top. I said in another thread I don't blame him at all. Bills knew about the clause and chose not to give him another contract and lock him up, so he chose to opt out from the new ownership and go elsewhere. Me thinks he has been talking to Orton. Me also thinks it was a smart move for him.

I personally think he did a pretty dang good job there. He had a lot of talent on D to work with, but still with KO he barely missed the playoffs and had he started KO to begin with instead of EJ they probably make it. They beat GB with KO at qb. I personally think if they had a decent qb, not only would they be in the playoffs, they would certainly give the Patsies a run for their money. There are certain Coaches who I believe do less with more (different discussion). I thought he did a good job of doing more with less and having his team prepared to play. IMHO
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Marrone had the Bills rolling (better than usual) with Kyle Orton at the helm.. What he accomplished there in a year is kinda impressive

I think I would be more surprised if he didn't get a HC job than if he did

Comment

Working...
                      X