Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial...um, cheer for the Rat Birds thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we get the winner of the Cincy/Indy game

Now,the next question is who do we want Cincy or Indy....me personally I want a rematch with Cincy...
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post

Now,the next question is who do we want Cincy or Indy....me personally I want a rematch with Cincy...
      I second that. Would be easier too.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I still wouldn't bet on Baltimore to win @NE, but that is brutal Ravens team that will rough up the Pats either way.

Anyways, let's see who we get tomorrow...I like our odds against either.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post

Cincy for me...I like the symmetry of it...just like last year when we lost a late season game with the Chargers and took them apart in the playoffs
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            So everyone wants Baltimore to win because they think they are the best bet to win in New England so we can host.

But it seems like people aren't thinking this through.

After 2012 and if Baltimore won in both Pittsburgh and New England would it really be worth risking that momentum they would build just to host?
            Dont care, this team has serious problems playing in NE.

For whatever reason.

If Bal somehow won in NE, and we take care of business, it is what it is.

Comment

So everyone wants Baltimore to win because they think they are the best bet to win in New England so we can host.

But it seems like people aren't thinking this through.

After 2012 and if Baltimore won in both Pittsburgh and New England would it really be worth risking that momentum they would build just to host?
              This touches on a key point I think. It kind of reminds me of last year, when I believe it was a Panthers fan on the Falcons board who said they would love to end up seeing the Saints in the NFCC game, some said they wanted it to avoid having to go play in Seattle.

However, if the Saints were actually able to go up to Seattle and beat them...that team would have been pretty scary and I don't think it would be a good thing to face them IMO. If they were playing well enough to win in Seattle, I may have pooped my pants in shock if the Panthers actually beat them the following week(figuratively speaking, doubt I literally would have done it, lol).

That's the problem with having a team you feel you can't beat in the playoffs, it makes it tougher to find a good scenario that works out for you. Typically, Super Bowl Champions are the type of teams that have a decent chance to beat anyone they face, and usually show that they can beat contending teams on multiple occasions.

Sure, teams have teams they would prefer not to see, for a variety of reasons...having beaten them already and not wanting to deal with the challenges of beating a team twice, that team seeming to have a match up edge on them or etc. If those teams are WC teams then there may be a good chance they avoid that team.

If they are a team with a top 2 seed though, the chances of you avoiding them may not be so good. If you just feel your not good enough to beat a team though, your likely not a SB contending team anyway, the 'avoid elite teams' game isn't a strategy that works in winning SBs most of the time IMO, and IMO it probably never works.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                This touches on a key point I think. It kind of reminds me of last year, when I believe it was a Panthers fan on the Falcons board who said they would love to end up seeing the Saints in the NFCC game, some said they wanted it to avoid having to go play in Seattle.

However, if the Saints were actually able to go up to Seattle and beat them...that team would have been pretty scary and I don't think it would be a good thing to face them IMO. If they were playing well enough to win in Seattle, I may have pooped my pants in shock if the Panthers actually beat them the following week(figuratively speaking, doubt I literally would have done it, lol).

That's the problem with having a team you feel you can't beat in the playoffs, it makes it tougher to find a good scenario that works out for you. Typically, Super Bowl Champions are the type of teams that have a decent chance to beat anyone they face, and usually show that they can beat contending teams on multiple occasions.

Sure, teams have teams they would prefer not to see, for a variety of reasons...having beaten them already and not wanting to deal with the challenges of beating a team twice, that team seeming to have a match up edge on them or etc. If those teams are WC teams then there may be a good chance they avoid that team.

If they are a team with a top 2 seed though, the chances of you avoiding them may not be so good. If you just feel your not good enough to beat a team though, your likely not a SB contending team anyway, the 'avoid elite teams' game isn't a strategy that works in winning SBs most of the time IMO, and IMO it probably never works.
                Yeah I'll be real worried but at the end of the day I do agree with everyone else.

I would much rather try my hand at home against Baltimore than travel to New England.

Besides I'm still not convinced Baltimore is really good enough to beat either team versus just playing an overrated Steelers team that was missing a key weapon.

I'm not really sure why everyone was so worried about them. They were the easiest option of the three.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  Dont care, this team has serious problems playing in NE.

For whatever reason.

If Bal somehow won in NE, and we take care of business, it is what it is.
                  every team has serious problems winning in NE, not just the broncos. i can see the argument that Baltimore would be riding a strong momentum train going into Denver if they beat NE but if i were a broncos fan, i would take that over having to face NE in NE in the AFCCG.

that's assuming the broncos get past their divisional game.

Comment

Yeah I'll be real worried but at the end of the day I do agree with everyone else.

I would much rather try my hand at home against Baltimore than travel to New England.

Besides I'm still not convinced Baltimore is really good enough to beat either team versus just playing an overrated Steelers team that was missing a key weapon.

I'm not really sure why everyone was so worried about them. They were the easiest option of the three.
                    yeah i will be shocked if they beat NE. i honestly think the broncos are the only team that has a chance to beat them and that's only if the broncos play at their best that day in all three phases.

Comment

Working...
                    X