Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 5 Best NFL Wide Receivers in the Game Right Now

- The 5 Best NFL Wide Receivers in the Game Right Now -

"When it comes to the history of the NFL, we can safely say that the days of three yards and a cloud of dust are long gone. In recent years the ‘West Coast,’ five-wide, and no-huddle offenses have emerged as standard fare, rather than fourth quarter gimmicks. And offensive innovators like Mike Martz and Andy Reid can be credited with turning conventional football wisdom upon its head, and actually using the pass to set up the run. From the top, the League office has constantly tinkered with the rulebook in an apparent attempt to boost scoring. In today’s game, harsh penalties and fines protect quarterbacks and wide receivers from being mauled behind the line of scrimmage and across the middle.

The result has been an explosion of offense, as evidenced by recent record-setting campaigns from the likes of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger, through the air. Each of the best wide receivers in the game today has developed real chemistry with his respective quarterback, after emerging as a go-to player who can consistently get open and move the chains. As playmakers, today’s elite wide receivers can score from anywhere out on the field and break games wide open. Here are the five best playing in the game right now." ...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/t...tml/?a=viewall

I'd probably go with Antonio Brown, Dez, DT, Jordy Nelson, and Calvin Johnson (even though he wasn't a top 5 performer this year, I'd go with Julio Jones if we're just factoring in this season).

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
      I'd probably go with Antonio Brown, Dez, DT, Jordy Nelson, and Calvin Johnson (even though he wasn't a top 5 performer this year, I'd go with Julio Jones if we're just factoring in this season).

As far as this season goes I concur with your first 4 and in that order. And my #5 would be Julio over Calvin simply because Calvin hasn't been his usual self this season.

Comment

Working...
      X